Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by 24left
The guy in the seat in front of me ordered the wine and I thought hey, why not.
You know how it is on those morning flights. All it takes is one adventurous pax to break the first drink, and a good chunk of the cabin usually follows suit.

Hey, it's noon somewhere!
yowstudent and 24left like this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
YEG-YWG dinner
CR9
nothing???

YWG-YEG dinner
CR9
Nothing??

YYC-YWG lunch
CR9
NOTHING???

YWG-YYC Dinner
CR9

Cold coos coose with chicken. It was actually really good, been a while. Better than the nothing you get for yvr-yyc/yeg

Why they cutting meals on the other flights???
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
What is the white stuff that comes with the breakfast omelette? I'm not sure I want to know its name so I can avoid it on the ground, or so I can track it down and find out what it is supposed to taste like.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by RangerNS
What is the white stuff that comes with the breakfast omelette? I'm not sure I want to know its name so I can avoid it on the ground, or so I can track it down and find out what it is supposed to taste like.
I think that's the cottage cheese
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SKYEG

YWG-YYC Dinner
CR9

Cold coos coose with chicken. It was actually really good, been a while. Better than the nothing you get for yvr-yyc/yeg

Why they cutting meals on the other flights???
Seems somewhat in line with the wiki still:

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
Medium Haul (2:00 - 3:59)

0500 - 0959: Hot breakfast (2 main course choices: omelet or healthy option + yogurt + fruit on tray)
1000 - 0459: Hot lunch/dinner (3 main course choices + salad + dessert cake on tray)
This is based on scheduled time and not actual flight time, since it will always vary. Scheduled time is just over 2 hours, and going westbound is slower than eastbound.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC 182 YVR-YYZ February 2018

Lettuce was somewhat wilted and soft.

Hot, tasty. Again.

So now we come to the FWP part of the meal (perhaps, depends on one's perspective)

On a few transcons, where there have been orange slices in the dessert or with the Healthy Breakfast, I find the slices seems to be more end pieces than middle segments.

Things is, there is often not a lot of orange when you cut into the end slice. And this doesn't include getting berries that are not exactly fresh.

For my own interest, I did cut this slice and took a photo of what it looked like after I managed to get some actual orange pieces.
And the kiwi also didn't look that exciting.

Last edited by 24left; Feb 21, 2018 at 6:54 am Reason: Flight #
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
YVR-YYZ February 2018
For our readers at home, I have a request that you state whether the meal is breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
We know this one isn't breakfast. By the daylight from the window shot and I notice the time on the IFE, it seems to be late lunch out of YVR? You should just post the flight number as well, like you used to!

And I agree on the orange slices.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad
For our readers at home, I have a request that you state whether the meal is breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
We know this one isn't breakfast. By the daylight from the window shot and I notice the time on the IFE, it seems to be late lunch out of YVR? You should just post the flight number as well, like you used to!
Ah yes, thank you to @gabdusch and @yyznomad for reminding me

Sometimes I'm too busy wondering about wilted lettuce and orange slices

Originally Posted by yyznomad
.....And I agree on the orange slices.
I have photos from multiple Healthy Breakfasts where it was obvious that the fruit had been sitting in its dish well past its best before date. There was "stuff" on the blueberries, the strawberries had gone soft and mushy and the pineapple pieces had now absorbed the color from the strawberries. IIRC, I posted about this a long time ago but for some reason, these things keep happening. Either the caterer is preparing and storing the fruit too long, or it is of low quality. I am well aware that there is more than one caterer but I often wonder why the fruit I receive on these AC flights are not always the best, especially compared to other airline I fly out of YYZ for eg.

Look at post 3485. I had the exact same meal last a week ago, yet the lettuce and fruit for dessert were much better quality.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
YYZ-SFO AC759. Dinner.
Choice of veal stew, peri-peri chicken, Marseille style cod, cheese tortellini.
I ate the chicken with rice.
Good service by the crew.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: AC E75K
New addition to the NA J snack basket: Made Good Chocolate Banana Granola Minis. Nice to see some variety, a nod towards 'healthier' snacks, and some love for a Canadian product.

Jumper Jack likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:11 pm
Suspended

AC 118 YVR-YYZ March 2018

​​​​​​​

I didn't like the lamb stew, chicken thigh or cod options so I chose this. Not bad. Some flavour, pasta a bit thick but edible.

Ah yes, the inevitable end slice

Last edited by 24left; Mar 7, 2018 at 9:43 pm Reason: Add menu
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:18 pm

PDB?

first time in J on AC. YYZ-LGA. No PDB. We are delayed 1hr due to ATC. Doors are still open. Asked for a drink and FA says she is not allowed. Is this normal?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by JustTravel
first time in J on AC. YYZ-LGA. No PDB. We are delayed 1hr due to ATC. Doors are still open. Asked for a drink and FA says she is not allowed. Is this normal?
AC used to offer a choice between water and orange juice (served in a small plastic cup), but switched to offering bottles of water pre-departure a few months ago.

Didn't you receive the bottle of water?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
AC used to offer a choice between water and orange juice (served in a small plastic cup), but switched to offering bottles of water pre-departure a few months ago.

Didn't you receive the bottle of water?

they finally came by with water bottles. Thought it was odd with nothing for the first 30 min and then only water

Last edited by JustTravel; Mar 22, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Rogue LAS-YYZ was a chicken in red "tomato" (but tasteless), with rice and a piece of vegetable or two. Pretty sad meal, there were a few slices of dark meat chicken in the red sauce and it was... gross.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.