Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
I almost exclusively work Business Class and can say that Coke Zero is the least requested of all of the carbonated beverages. I honestly can't recall every completely depleting the supply on board. I want to qualify this by saying, that when somebody requests a Diet Coke, I proactively offer a choice between the two.
That's because you haven't flown with me yet

I also don't know if I've ever run out on a widebody, but it happens literally every narrowbody transcon.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Interesting...

Every single one of my friends, both guys and girls(20's mainly), only will ever drink coke zero. Diet if there's no zero but it tastes completely different. Coke Zero tastes almost identical to regular coke.

I'd rather have unproven "health problems" than be overweight lol or develop diabetes etc. It's just unnecessary sugar when you have a sugar free option that tastes exactly the same. especially mixed in a drink.

But then again, most people sitting in AC biz class... whoops too far?

*BTW I used to be overweight... Well everyone is a bit chubby, but I was FAT. Put on 60lbs in University. All fat. Did not drink coke zero, had lots of sugar pop. I lost ALL my weight by just not drinking pop and not eating fast food. zero gym. Really proves what sugar/fast food can do to you. I fly way more now, drink water/coke zero, still barely hit the gym but just watch what I eat and can maintain a healthy weight!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's because you haven't flown with me yet

I also don't know if I've ever run out on a widebody, but it happens literally every narrowbody transcon.
Perhaps because diet coke/pepsi is the drink flight attendants hate pouring the most. This issue is made worse on narrowbodies.

Flight attendants hate when you order Diet Coke - INSIDER
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Perhaps because diet coke/pepsi is the drink flight attendants hate pouring the most. This issue is made worse on narrowbodies.

Flight attendants hate when you order Diet Coke - INSIDER
Coke Zero does not have that issue.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
YVR-YYZ February 2018

One of my two favourite salads on transcon

And with the drizzle

As much as plating the meals on international flights can present beautifully sometimes, I prefer hot food to pretty food.

This salmon is also a favorite on transcon and I really enjoyed.

Ah, here comes dessert

No thanks, not a fan of these cookies.

Haven't had a post-dinner liqueur in a long time and this was a great choice.

Love this dessert.

AleEat, Plumber and longtimeflyin like this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 24left
YVR-YYZ February 2018

One of my two favourite salads on transcon

And with the drizzle

As much as plating the meals on international flights can present beautifully sometimes, I prefer hot food to pretty food.

This salmon is also a favorite on transcon and I really enjoyed.

Ah, here comes dessert

No thanks, not a fan of these cookies.

Haven't had a post-dinner liqueur in a long time and this was a great choice.

Love this dessert.

Thanks for posting. I was on this flight last Friday. The butter chicken was gross. Did not taste anything like butter chicken and there were a couple of pieces of chicken that looked like they missed the 'sauce' part completely they looked like a couple of pieces of boiled chicken. AC should really quality check their caterers.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:11 pm

24left, great pics!!! I loveeee that Caprese salad!!! I keep getting the Nicoise salad(which I also really like) but it's been a while since I've had the Caprese. Hopefully on the next PLH! I also noticed that the cookie seems to be different, it doesn't taste as good for me either as they did before. I never paid attention to what they look like but I swear these new ones taste different(late 2017-2018).

Originally Posted by vernonc
Thanks for posting. I was on this flight last Friday. The butter chicken was gross. Did not taste anything like butter chicken and there were a couple of pieces of chicken that looked like they missed the 'sauce' part completely they looked like a couple of pieces of boiled chicken. AC should really quality check their caterers.
LOL! I just mentioned up thread about the "Butter Chicken" AC serves... It's worse than the PC frozen ones. Those were actually were edible, AC's NA Butter Chicken is not.

Going to be pretty honest, that Beef is also meh depending on who cooks it, salmon is actually the best option with the Ricotta being OKAY. I'd rather they swap in that General Tao from midhaul over the butter chicken.

I still have yet to try a couple things on the menu, the flamed cod and chicken thigh on PLH. Have had both the lamb and lasagna which are alright. Anyone try either of those? Will try next PLH dinner if they have it.

Also still waiting to try AC's spinach salad. That's actually my favorite salad period but haven't had an option to try on AC yet!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SKYEG
24left, great pics!!! I loveeee that Caprese salad!!! I keep getting the Nicoise salad(which I also really like) but it's been a while since I've had the Caprese. Hopefully on the next PLH! I also noticed that the cookie seems to be different, it doesn't taste as good for me either as they did before. I never paid attention to what they look like but I swear these new ones taste different(late 2017-2018).

LOL! I just mentioned up thread about the "Butter Chicken" AC serves... It's worse than the PC frozen ones. Those were actually were edible, AC's NA Butter Chicken is not.

Going to be pretty honest, that Beef is also meh depending on who cooks it, salmon is actually the best option with the Ricotta being OKAY. I'd rather they swap in that General Tao from midhaul over the butter chicken.

I still have yet to try a couple things on the menu, the flamed cod and chicken thigh on PLH. Have had both the lamb and lasagna which are alright. Anyone try either of those? Will try next PLH dinner if they have it.

Also still waiting to try AC's spinach salad. That's actually my favorite salad period but haven't had an option to try on AC yet!
I tried the chicken thigh before. Was ok, not great. I will most definitely avoid the butter chicken. Its one thing to mess up an adventurous dish but everyone has tried butter chicken and knows what it tastes like. I am in NA J (YYZ-SFO) next week, lets see whats on the menu. Return is red eye so breakfast it is assuming I am awake.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:29 am

Anyone have recent pictures of the omelette ? I feel like I havent seen the weird tasting one with the cheese for a while but maybe I was just mistaken that one flight. Is that for TPAC/TATL only?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Anyone have recent pictures of the omelette ? I feel like I havent seen the weird tasting one with the cheese for a while but maybe I was just mistaken that one flight. Is that for TPAC/TATL only?
@SKYEG
I scrolled through the entire thread for you, working backward, and this is the last known sighting of the breakfast omelette. LOL

Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:05 pm

Ahhh yes Ty!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Wasn't sure whether to post in this thread or the International Meals' thread since this applies to both

I've been checking the menu page on AC.com for the last few days and nothing is posted for destinations after Feb 16.
Random checks for YYZ-YVR and YYZ-HKG.

Does the menu change on Feb 17?
Did AC decide to stop posting the menus?

EDIT TO ADD: I just looked at the code on the recent TPE AC 11/12 menu and it shows it runs until 02/18

Still doesn't explain why nothing is up for after Feb 18.

Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:10 pm
Suspended

AC YYZ-YVR February 2018

Seemed like a reasonable idea...since it was evening Asia-time

Also, the oatmeal and wine were a nice pairing
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
AC YYZ-YVR February 2018

Also, the oatmeal and wine were a nice pairing
Did you dump the wine into the oatmeal to make it even soggier?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Did you dump the wine into the oatmeal to make it even soggier?
Nooooooo

The oatmeal is icky sweet with those bit of apple or whatever they are. The wine tempered the sweet oatmeal, or so I'd like to think.
Wine also went with the cheese.

The guy in the seat in front of me ordered the wine and I thought hey, why not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.