Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by jsfrSE
I was on AC 308 last night (YVR-YUL) and the SD gave us the breakfast menu.

I realized that there is now only 1 choice available: the egg omelette. I wonder what happened with the healthy option or pancakes ?
It's been like this for well over a year now.

Too bad I didn't know you were there at YVR at the same as me. Oh well.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:17 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
It's been like this for well over a year now.

Too bad I didn't know you were there at YVR at the same as me. Oh well.
It would have been great to catch up!
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 2MM/*A Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, WN A-List, Hertz Platinum, IHG Platinum
Question AC311 YUL/YVR Biz Class Meal?

Hi AC folk,

I'm looking at a *A redemption on AC next week to fly the 787 YUL/YVR in C. I noted that the departure time is 20:25 on the westbound flight and AC says that a "meal" is served. Can anyone shed light on what kind of meal is served? Is this like when UA says "refreshments" on a 2hr+ flight? Ends up being some stale bread and rubbish wine...
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by BankerManUSA
Hi AC folk,

I'm looking at a *A redemption on AC next week to fly the 787 YUL/YVR in C. I noted that the departure time is 20:25 on the westbound flight and AC says that a "meal" is served. Can anyone shed light on what kind of meal is served? Is this like when UA says "refreshments" on a 2hr+ flight? Ends up being some stale bread and rubbish wine...
I take this weekly.

It's drink service, a three course dinner with appetizer, your choice of four entrees, and dessert (cookies and ice cream) along with tea/coffee and after dinner liqueurs. Then there is a snack basket that comes around about an hour prior to landing.

The appetizers on the current domestics transcon menus are one of Waldorf Salad, Caesar Salad, or Nioise Salad.

There are basically three different domestic transcon lunch/dinner menus at the moment.
I forgot specifically which menu 311 is but the main course is typically beef/lamb, chicken, fish,and pasta. The pasta is always vegetarian with cheese.

You can find various samples up thread. I will probably take this flight before you do so I can give you exact info once flown. It's specifically a 787-8 (788) with 20 J seats. (Fyi AC uses J as the moniker for business class instead of Europe C, but it's the same anyway)
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Menu for AC 311 YULYVR September 11, 2017

Menu for AC 311 YULYVR September 11, 2017

SALAD
Waldorf salad, Granny Smith apples, celery, chives, red grapes, walnuts, radish, lemon mayonnaise, creamy goat cheese

MAIN COURSES
Beef tenderloin, three pepper sauce, rutabaga, carrot, and potato mash, green beans, carrots, red peppers

Barbecue chicken, smoky hickory sauce, grits, grilled corn, carrots

Herbed cod loin, sake cream sauce, jasmine rice, mixed vegetables

Cheese tortellini, pesto cream sauce, roasted vegetables

DESSERT
Fresh seasonal fruit

Chocolate chip cookie baked fresh on board, gourmet vanilla ice cream

Assorted snacks and a full selection of beverages are available at all times throughout your flight.

DINE ANYTIME
As a more flexible option, enjoy your meal later during the flight, up to 50 minutes prior to landing. Please inform your flight attendant prior to take-off.

WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ANY FOOD ITEMS SERVED ONBOARD TO BE ALLERGEN FREE.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BankerManUSA
Hi AC folk,

Menu for 311 typed out above.

24left and a few others way upthread have talked about this menu, but I could not find a photograph of it or a comprehensively typed out version like I've done above.

The Waldorf salad has gotten better since it was first introduced months ago and I quite enjoy it. The beef is ok. The cod is pretty good.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Menu for 311 typed out above.

24left and a few others way upthread have talked about this menu, but I could not find a photograph of it or a comprehensively typed out version like I've done above.

The Waldorf salad has gotten better since it was first introduced months ago and I quite enjoy it. The beef is ok. The cod is pretty good.

Waldorf Salad v 1.0 - Cheap and unappealing

Photos in posts 3036 & 3043 plus some comments in posts that followed.

Waldorf Salad v 2.0 - New and Improved

Photo in post 3302 (from Sept 1 flight)

BBQ Chicken, grits, corn, carrots

Photo in post 3147

Last edited by 24left; Sep 12, 2017 at 8:24 am
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:04 am
alc

rouge domestic breakfast for Sept 2017
Attached Images  
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:01 pm
alc

Medium Haul domestic J for Sept 2017
Attached Images  
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alc
Request the cocktail snack.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alc
What did you have... and verdict?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:15 am
alc

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Request the cocktail snack.
I think those are just that small plate of nuts they came before the meal. I slept shortly after the meal, so, don't know if anything else came out aftereward.

What did you have... and verdict?
I always take Chicken and I am the most easy going guy in term of food. So, as long as the taste isn't too awful, I am happy.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by alc
I think those are just that small plate of nuts they came before the meal.
It is. But they don't know what it means. And you're entitled to it at any point during the flight.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Are the meal trays in Economy the same as the ones served in Business Class?

Because the dish I got today was pretty decent in Y. Of course, it came sans sides and metal cutlery/napkin. (but you do also get to order a snack off the pay menu)

EDIT: it appears so
Originally Posted by 24left
BBQ Chicken, grits, corn, carrots

Photo in post 3147
that was what I had
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
Are the meal trays in Economy the same as the ones served in Business Class?

Because the dish I got today was pretty decent in Y. Of course, it came sans sides and metal cutlery/napkin. (but you do also get to order a snack off the pay menu)

EDIT: it appears so

that was what I had
Yes, the meal trays are leftover J meals. On a non-PLH route, if J is full, and everyone wants to eat, there almost certainly won't be any available in Y.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.