Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2010, 9:47 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Red face Undercooked Beef on AC547 returning from LAS

I wonder how many AC people have tried their own offerings before marketing it on their routes especially in J?

Despite all the ravings of AC's good meal service. I have a beef with AC for serving undercooked offerings. I sliced open their "cooked" beef and noticed it was not even pink on the inside -- red was still in the middle of the beef, and I just took one slice of it and decided that I would have no more of the beef piece on my plate.. ate the mashed potatoes and veggies instead and handed the tray back to the hostess. How can one call that a meal when it was undercooked?

Sanosuke!
Old Jul 25, 2010, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sanosuke
I wonder how many AC people have tried their own offerings before marketing it on their routes especially in J?

Despite all the ravings of AC's good meal service. I have a beef with AC for serving undercooked offerings. I sliced open their "cooked" beef and noticed it was not even pink on the inside -- red was still in the middle of the beef, and I just took one slice of it and decided that I would have no more of the beef piece on my plate.. ate the mashed potatoes and veggies instead and handed the tray back to the hostess. How can one call that a meal when it was undercooked?

Sanosuke!
That is not good at all. Did you bring this to the attention of the FA? Were they able to do anything like give a replacement? Maybe a different tray had a properly cooked piece.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 2:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount

Sanosuke!
Now I would have been one HAPPY customer as I like my steak blue - actually "black and bue or Pittsburgh" style is the only way to eat steak!!!

Beef or steak cannot be undercooked ...
Old Jul 26, 2010, 6:15 am

Sanosuke!
my style... medium rare ^
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Red face

Originally Posted by YEG USER
That is not good at all. Did you bring this to the attention of the FA? Were they able to do anything like give a replacement? Maybe a different tray had a properly cooked piece.
This was the only beef tray they had onboard, as i took a peek at the meals loading mainfest for the flight (not snooping there either) the FA indicated to me that it was the only one they had after the chicken trays had gone.

Sanosuke!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC.SE
[...] red was still in the middle of the beef, and I just took one slice of it and decided that I would have no more of the beef piece on my plate.. ate the mashed potatoes and veggies instead and handed the tray back to the hostess. How can one call that a meal when it was undercooked?
If you wanted it cooked more, the FA might have been able to throw it back in the oven for you. But I'm in the camp of people who are pleased when airline beef or venison is about medium rare (provided it's also warm / hot).
Old Jul 26, 2010, 4:04 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Actually yes and I've personally tasted the food many times before it was chosen. A beef dish cannot be loaded on the plane fully cooked because by the time it gets heated it, it would be extra tough. The FA would have been more than glad to heat it up longer for you if that was the case. Most passengers would prefer the beef not 100% well done. This is the first time that I've heard of the beef completely red in the middle, it would have meant the dish was cold and the vegetables and potatoes would have been stone cold too (but it doesn't sound like it since you ate the veggies and mashed?) - since the beef is already partially cooked so heating it up would have at least brought it up to medium.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 4:11 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Originally Posted by morphius909
Yes it was a bit immature of me

I'm usually more "mature" but I usually never or ever have said that or treated staff poorly, even if I have (Which I haven't). It was more a general comment to whomever decided that was acceptable as a executive "snack".
Many airlines don't even offer anything to eat during that meal window. We used to have only drink service during that meal window and we enhanced it by adding the pastries. This is only on flights that are less than 2 hours and the reasonable assumption is that by 9am, you would have gotten a chance to eat breakfast either at home/hotel or in the lounge and the pastries onboard is simply a snack during the short flight. On many routes, this represents 1 or max 2 flights.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 6:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
Actually yes and I've personally tasted the food many times before it was chosen.
Curious ... what dish do you dislike the most? :P
Old Jul 26, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: AC*E, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
AC117 YYZ-YYC this am.

OJ/Water offered pre take off.
No menu, only one of the FAs asking if I wanted "the waffles or the omlet" (not sure if there were none on board, or if she forgot - she seemed pretty disorganized)
Omlet.... it is what it is
Ice cream and cookies offered an hour before touch down.
Fairly attentive refills.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: meh
AC618 today:
No menus handed out. Asked if I'd like "chicken, pasta or salmon". When hot towels were brought around mine was literally dripping wet. I've never seen this before. Scalding hot, yes, but not dripping wet.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
My latest experience here: Part 2, Part 6.

Last edited by jlisi984; Aug 2, 2010 at 9:14 pm
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:14 pm

Programs: AC*E, SPG Platinum/Ambassador, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by igloocoder
AC618 today:
When hot towels were brought around mine was literally dripping wet. I've never seen this before. Scalding hot, yes, but not dripping wet.
Same thing happened to me on AC421 on Jul 22. The towel dripped all over my laptop and my pants. The fellow beside me wrung his out, purposely spilling a shocking amount of water all over the floor. When I asked the FA for some napkins to mop up myself, he didn't apologize (perhaps he didn't notice).
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:03 am

yyz - atl -- anyone taken?

I've just booked an insanely priced ticket in j to atl. It's Jazz, so no it doesn't fall under the ac mainline rules. The website calls out food for purchase. Has anyone taken either ac8623 or ac8624 and can comment on any service? It's a short flight , 2hr10min, so it's no biggy, but when I seen the price, i was just amazed that is states BOB.

And has anyone had any problems accessing the CO President's Club lounge in terminal D with a j ticket?

thanks
jrs101

Last edited by jrs101; Aug 3, 2010 at 9:11 am
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: FT
any insight as to children's meals in J? for both morning and afternoon flights? typically we do not order one for our 3 year old as they will generally eat anything, but perhaps we might consider this option. just do not want something that lacks reasonable nutrional value....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.