Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
This was my breakfast on the YYZ-YVR AC183 a few weeks ago.

The code inside the fold of the menu was 1467 East premium Transcon NJCS HB 10/18

Fruit plate.

I didn't feel like having the omelette so took my chances w/ the pancakes. Pancakes were soggy, but the cran-apple compote was nice. ​​​

​​​​​​

Breakfast menu.

Drink menu.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by smuncky

I didn't feel like having the omelette so took my chances w/ the pancakes. Pancakes were soggy, but the cran-apple compote was nice. ​​​

​​​​​​
The pancake(s) look like my muffintop.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by yyznomad
The pancake(s) look like my muffintop.
I will look at AC pancakes differently from now on
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Well, pigs are flying, and hell must have frozen over. Does AC really have a new omelette?

This looks like it would taste awesome with a little of that spicy hot sauce they have on TPACs
Originally Posted by 24left
AC 126 YVR-YYZ - 2 different flights

May 15/16 2018

I had the usual breakfast. If I choose this meal, I always ask that they remove the sausage before they serve it. Ian also dislike the cheese and red sauce stuff. And the egg thing tastes like something other than eggs. But I was hungry and that plus the fruit were ok. I don't eat those bread rolls. Too hard and more so on the ice cold plates (yes, #FWP )

I flew back on AC 126 the other night and I am very happy if this is the NEW ?breakfast. I have no idea and didn't ask the crew.

May 31/June1 2018

I see there is a new bread roll option - crew said it was the new Multi-grain

Very nice. It was whole wheat plus grains, and nicely warmed and soft in the centre. (as long as I don't put it on the cold plate.)

If this is the new omelette, it was really nice and tasty.

I asked the crew to remove the sausage before serving. The salsa has nice flavour as well.

The only negative is that these potatoes are not like the previous version roast potatoes.

The look/style of the omelette looks somewhat "new", and the plates as well. But everything (transon redeye) else looks status quo from prior to transcon Signature Service.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu

Premium long haul: YUL/YOW/YYZ - YYC/YEG/YVR, YUL/YYZ - LAX/SFO, YYZ - BOG/CCS/MEX, YVR/YYC - EWR

0500 - 0959: Hot breakfast (fruit plate followed by 2 hot main course choices or healthy option + yogurt + fruit on tray)
1000 - 2229: Hot lunch or dinner (appetizer followed by 4 main course choices followed by cookies/ice cream as dessert)
2230 - 0459 (Eastbound flights only, on Westbound flights dinner well be served): Hot breakfast (fruit plate followed by 2 hot main course choices or healthy option + yogurt + fruit on tray)

Snack basket available at all times.

Breakfast healthy option = big fruit plate, yogurt, oatmeal. (+ Cheese on Premium long haul)
Although @Andrew Yiu no longer posts here, anyone have any refined time changes?

Since these are now part of Signature Service, it makes no sense to treat them differently than narrow body transcons.

(I'm referring to the generality of widebody transcons and not necessarily the routes that AY listed above in his original and really old OP)
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Although @Andrew Yiu no longer posts here, anyone have any refined time changes?

Since these are now part of Signature Service, it makes no sense to treat them differently than narrow body transcons.

(I'm referring to the generality of widebody transcons and not necessarily the routes that AY listed above in his original and really old OP)
I'm not sure I quite understand your question. Isn't the new "Signature service" just a subset of the "Premium long haul" specifications? I.e. I don't think there's any flight that wouldn't receive the premium long-haul service if it didn't get the Signature service.

E.g.

YYZ-YVR lunch/dinner flight:

based on the route => premium long-haul flight

minimum standard:

salad
choice of four main courses
cookies and ice cream or fruit
NA wine selection

if operated by 763/333/777/787 => Signature service

standard is improved to Signature service:

appetizer
cookies and ice cream or fruit (and cheese IIRC)
int'l wine selection

Conversely, if a flight doesn't qualify as "premium long haul" in the first place, then it also won't receive the new signature service even if the flight were operated by a widebody aircraft.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'm not sure I quite understand your question. Isn't the new "Signature service" just a subset of the "Premium long haul" specifications? I.e. I don't think there's any flight that wouldn't receive the premium long-haul service if it didn't get the Signature service.

E.g.

YYZ-YVR lunch/dinner flight:

based on the route => premium long-haul flight

minimum standard:

salad
cookies and ice cream or fruit
NA wine selection

if operated by 763/333/777/787 => Signature service

standard is improved to Signature service:

appetizer
cookies and ice cream or fruit (and cheese IIRC)
int'l wine selection

Conversely, if a flight doesn't qualify as "premium long haul" in the first place, then it also won't receive the new signature service even if the flight were operated by a widebody aircraft.
My apologies, I meant the "timing" of the meal service(s)!

I'll correct my post.

Edited: Actually, I said refined time changes... but wasn't clear enough that it was my focus.

And I agree with you that the service itself should be the same. I'm also assuming the timing of such service shouldn't be any different either whether it is narrow body vs. widebody for the same route.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
My apologies, I meant the "timing" of the meal service(s)!

I'll correct my post.

Edited: Actually, I said refined time changes... but wasn't clear enough that it was my focus.

And I agree with you that the service itself should be the same. I'm also assuming the timing of such service shouldn't be any different either whether it is narrow body vs. widebody for the same route.
I believe there's no difference between the time bands for premium long-haul service vs. signature service, at least in terms of the 10a.m. cut-off time i'm 99% sure (slightly less sure about the evening cut-off since AC keeps pushing that around).

But I'm sure @ACYYZ/SD can confirm.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
I just checked a menu for a YYZ-YYC this week. Flight departing at 10 am has a lunch menu and signature service. Too bad it’s such a challenge to find info like this on the website.

fyi, I answered my own question (posted earlier today) on a similar thread.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bartolo
I just checked a menu for a YYZ-YYC this week. Flight departing at 10 am has a lunch menu and signature service. Too bad it’s such a challenge to find info like this on the website.

fyi, I answered my own question (posted earlier today) on a similar thread.
So AY's original post still remains the same at least for 10am lunch. I wonder if the other times are different.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: AC 75K
The app and website do mention Breakfast specially, but ‘Meal’ for everything else when referring to the meal service available onboard.

You can search a flight on the app up to a year ahead using the Flight Status search.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I cant seem to find this information....

I am on AC 8630 next week- Its the early morning flight YOW-YHZ in J-cabin on the CRJ900. Is there a meal on this flight or not? Are there ovens for an omelet?

Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Plumber

I am on AC 8630 next week- Its the early morning flight YOW-YHZ in J-cabin on the CRJ900. Is there a meal on this flight or not? Are there ovens for an omelet?

Thanks
It should be the omelette. All the CR9s have ovens now. After 10am they switch to serving the snack plates.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
It should be the omelette. All the CR9s have ovens now. After 10am they switch to serving the snack plates.
Great- thanks! ^

Keeping fingers crossed for the omelet!
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Plumber

Thanks
My last morning YHZ-YOW flight on a CRJ900 had the omelette
Plumber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.