Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC 126 YVR-YYZ - 2 different flights

May 15/16 2018

I had the usual breakfast. If I choose this meal, I always ask that they remove the sausage before they serve it. Ian also dislike the cheese and red sauce stuff. And the egg thing tastes like something other than eggs. But I was hungry and that plus the fruit were ok. I don't eat those bread rolls. Too hard and more so on the ice cold plates (yes, #FWP )

I flew back on AC 126 the other night and I am very happy if this is the NEW ?breakfast. I have no idea and didn't ask the crew.

May 31/June1 2018

I see there is a new bread roll option - crew said it was the new Multi-grain

Very nice. It was whole wheat plus grains, and nicely warmed and soft in the centre. (as long as I don't put it on the cold plate.)

If this is the new omelette, it was really nice and tasty.

I asked the crew to remove the sausage before serving. The salsa has nice flavour as well.

The only negative is that these potatoes are not like the previous version roast potatoes.

unclepants and gabdusch like this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 24left

May 15/16 2018

I had the usual breakfast. If I choose this meal, I always ask that they remove the sausage before they serve it. Ian also dislike the cheese and red sauce stuff. And the egg thing tastes like something other than eggs. But I was hungry and that plus the fruit were ok. I don't eat those bread rolls. Too hard and more so on the ice cold plates (yes, #FWP )

I flew back on AC 126 the other night and I am very happy if this is the NEW ?breakfast. I have no idea and didn't ask the crew.

May 31/June1 2018

Very nice. It was whole wheat plus grains, and nicely warmed and soft in the centre. (as long as I don't put it on the cold plate.)

I asked the crew to remove the sausage before serving. The salsa has nice flavour as well.

The only negative is that these potatoes are not like the previous version roast potatoes.

Is the new omelet still relatively "plain" or have they put the cheese, if any, in it. I am actually quite a fan of the old-style omelette given that the cottage side is beside, not in...
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Is the new omelet still relatively "plain" or have they put the cheese, if any, in it. I am actually quite a fan of the old-style omelette given that the cottage side is beside, not in...
It's plain but it tasted like real eggs, unlike it's fluffy predecessor
Thankfully, no cheese in it or anywhere else.
YOWCDNFF likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
It's plain but it tasted like real eggs, unlike it's fluffy predecessor
Thankfully, no cheese in it or anywhere else.
I used to look forward to the omelettes that AC served. I was new to flying in business back then.

Now I really have to be in the right mood to enjoy an AC omelette. Not sure if it's a change in my tastes or a change in the taste of the omelettes.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS

Well, pigs are flying, and hell must have frozen over. Does AC really have a new omelette?

This looks like it would taste awesome with a little of that spicy hot sauce they have on TPACs
Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC E75K

May 15/16 2018

May 31/June1 2018

Is that second pic really a new omelette? I still had the old one on AC780 (SFO-YUL) on June 1.

I did have one that looked like your second pic a few weeks back, but was told by the crew it was a temporary thing because of a catering mix up.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by capedreamer

Is that second pic really a new omelette? I still had the old one on AC780 (SFO-YUL) on June 1.

I did have one that looked like your second pic a few weeks back, but was told by the crew it was a temporary thing because of a catering mix up.

The cabin crew on my flight said nothing. Maybe they knew nothing.

Perhaps it's time for me to start a thread about a word that I keep hearing from various AC employees....that AC HQ wants CONSISTENCY

...because you know I'm not the only one with a list
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:57 pm

Perhaps it's time for me to start a thread about a word that I keep hearing from various AC employees....that AC HQ wants CONSISTENCY

Not sure if this helps but i had these on AC183 on Jun 3

and yes, i echo it's evening, asia-time so i had the signature cocktail as well
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:32 pm

Based on @fafafayfay's report, it looks like my conjecture was correct (no new omelette). Ż\(ツ)/Ż
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Based on @fafafayfay's report, it looks like my conjecture was correct (no new omelette). Ż\(ツ)/Ż
That "new" omelette in 24left's picture looks more like the 869 omelette (except the TATL version has/d cheese inside it). So maybe the "new" version is slowly making its way... kind of like the champagne, mattress, etc. that isn't explicitly on all supposed Signature Service flights, as reported here on FT.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
That "new" omelette in 24left's picture looks more like the 869 omelette (except the TATL version has/d cheese inside it). So maybe the "new" version is slowly making its way... kind of like the champagne, mattress, etc. that isn't explicitly on all supposed Signature Service flights, as reported here on FT.
Possibly. But as noted earlier, I recall getting that exact omelette on a transcon a couple months ago and being told it was due to a catering error. So that seems just as likely.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've had a few shorthaul flights lately where there has been no menu. The SD just asks if I want chicken or pasta. Very United-esque.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Does anyone have a sample menu for YYZ-SFO? I am flying on AC 739, but no menus are available online.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by JTXC
Does anyone have a sample menu for YYZ-SFO? I am flying on AC 739, but no menus are available online.
Let me know what you find out. I'm flying on it tomorrow.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Possibly. But as noted earlier, I recall getting that exact omelette on a transcon a couple months ago and being told it was due to a catering error. So that seems just as likely.
True true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.