Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Thanks.

What did you have and did you like it?
Sorry menu was from a friend. He had the beef entree and was not impressed. He also chose the fruit plate for dessert, and told me that the fruit was basically not ripe and tasteless.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Carfield
Sorry menu was from a friend. He had the beef entree and was not impressed. He also chose the fruit plate for dessert, and told me that the fruit was basically not ripe and tasteless.
Unfortunately, the beef dishes tend to be rough and tough like a beef puck. Once every blue moon it will be tender and tasty.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:46 am
alc

I small request can someone who is very knowledgeable update Andrew's Post #1 and put it in Wiki? For example, I am not sure if it is really 2hr is the cut off between a snacks vs. a meal. Reason is that I am currently on my 6 (of 9) YUL-ORD round trip for the EYW and going to ORD is listed as 2hr23min while the return is 2hr 2min but I never got a hot meal. Or could this because it is a TB flight. Thanks in advance for the education
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by alc
I small request can someone who is very knowledgeable update Andrew's Post #1 and put it in Wiki? For example, I am not sure if it is really 2hr is the cut off between a snacks vs. a meal. Reason is that I am currently on my 6 (of 9) YUL-ORD round trip for the EYW and going to ORD is listed as 2hr23min while the return is 2hr 2min but I never got a hot meal. Or could this because it is a TB flight. Thanks in advance for the education
The whole thing has been out of date for awhile now.

We need someone like an SD to create and manage the wiki (or somehow get AY posting again). I'm not a fan of making this a customer/poster wiki as the details are very specific. But that's just IMHO.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alc
Is it mainline or Express? That could be the difference.

The whole thing has been out of date for awhile now.

We need someone like an SD to create and manage the wiki (or somehow get AY posting again). I'm not a fan of making this a customer/poster wiki as the details are very specific. But that's just IMHO.
I can't see AY coming back.

We do have an SD who might be willing to, though I don't think it's even that much work.

2 hours for food
PLH routes get more

The end?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:24 pm
alc

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Is it mainline or Express? That could be the difference.
Yes, it is Express. So, that is the reason why.

I was getting the cheese plates for a week and now they are have plate with a single Shrimp on it. I am thinking to start ordering special meal the other PAX can look at me thinking why I got something different I asked a SD on one of the flight and he said special meal should be a sandwich.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alc
Yes, it is Express. So, that is the reason why.

I was getting the cheese plates for a week and now they are have plate with a single Shrimp on it. I am thinking to start ordering special meal the other PAX can look at me thinking why I got something different I asked a SD on one of the flight and he said special meal should be a sandwich.
There's like 20-something SPMLs. Which one did you inquire about? Not all of them are "sandwiches".

Did your "single shrimp" appetizer also have two pieces of Ahi Tuna as well?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
AC306 YVR-YUL October 2017

Was glad to see the caprese salad return. Hadn't seen it for a few months. ^

Name:  IMG_8330.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  114.7 KB

Name:  IMG_8332.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  117.1 KB

Menu :

Name:  IMG_8326.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  109.5 KB
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by gabdusch
Ugh that is probably my second least favorite salad.

Even the caesar, which I tend to like, was poor. Because they deconstructed it. Everyone in J was trying to mix it all together so they could actually eat a salad, instead of a mouthful of croutons, then mouthful of lettuce, then a mouthful of dressing.

I actually really haven't had much luck with AC salads.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gabdusch
AC306 YVR-YUL October 2017

I don't think it ever left.

I had it dozens of times in September and earlier this month.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Ugh that is probably my second least favorite salad.

Even the caesar, which I tend to like, was poor. Because they deconstructed it. Everyone in J was trying to mix it all together so they could actually eat a salad, instead of a mouthful of croutons, then mouthful of lettuce, then a mouthful of dressing.

I actually really haven't had much luck with AC salads.
At least the current three salads on transcon J are better than the bland garbage from years past.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
At least the current three salads on transcon J are better than the bland garbage from years past.
Agree @:-)
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:32 pm
alc

There's like 20-something SPMLs. Which one did you inquire about? Not all of them are "sandwiches".

Did your "single shrimp" appetizer also have two pieces of Ahi Tuna as well?

Sorry, just noticed your reply.

I did end up placing a DBML and got egg and cheese sandwich with a small pack of non salted almond.

Yes, the single shrimp has Ahi Tuna. This week, it is Salmon.... Hence, was better than the cheese plate a few weeks ago.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alc
Sorry, just noticed your reply.

I did end up placing a DBML and got egg and cheese sandwich with a small pack of non salted almond.

Yes, the single shrimp has Ahi Tuna. This week, it is Salmon.... Hence, was better than the cheese plate a few weeks ago.
So the food you've been getting on that route has been identical to Rapidair and Western Triangle J food.

At least for these aforementioned routes, I quite like the Ahi Tuna/Shrimp, the Cheese Plate, and Cold Cuts plates... I think the Gravlax dish is ok. The only dish that sucks is the chunky dried salmon dish on a sad bed of shredded lettuce.

How was your DBML? Egg and cheese sandwich doesn't sound so bad.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:51 pm

Excuse me.

EXCUSE ME!

How dare you say this is better.

I have feelings too.

this time I cut everything up into pieces and mixed it around. I'm sure 2 seconds in a blender would have resulted in a better salad.
Attached Images  

Last edited by canadiancow; Oct 22, 2017 at 10:27 pm Reason: It took me an hour to get this photo uploaded

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.