Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
The veal stew has been around for a couple of years now, with variations. No different than the beef tenderloin dishes with variations.
Correct.

This was the first version I had. October 2015 transcon.

Attached Images  
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
AC775 YUL-LAX September 1st, 2017

It had been a while since I crossed path with the dreaded Waldorf salad, but I was pleasantly surprised by this improved version:

Name:  IMG_7103.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  120.7 KB

Much more substantial than previous iterations, and tasty! ^

Name:  IMG_7104.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  147.5 KB

Had the veal stew again just to see if there was any noticeable difference between the steam ovens in last week's 789 and this 320.

It was a bit more on the dry side, but still one of the better NA entrees.

Name:  IMG_7105.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  143.7 KB

Menu:

Name:  menu.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  180.5 KB
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:47 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
The missing Vinegrette on yesterday's flight from SFO-YYZ.

when will this madness stop!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ACfly
The missing Vinegrette on yesterday's flight from SFO-YYZ.

when will this madness stop!
Like, not catered at all with the appetizer tray, or just not your tray?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:31 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Like, not catered at all with the appetizer tray, or just not your tray?
2nd time the vinegrette was missed from the caterer. FA said to use salt and pepper as dressing !
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Vinaigrette was not catered to LAX-YYZ on Monday as well.
Furthermore, the entree was rethermalized on the serving plate with the resulting effect of looking like something removed from a portapotty. (I don't have a photo storage web account I care to use here, but I did memorialize it with a photo.) I thought J meals were supposed to be plated in the galley, but this clearly was not.
And the snack basket I had been keenly coveting was nowhere to be seen. I did not want to go to forward galley from row 8 as there was a celebrity everyone was nonchalantly positioning to peer at, but checking the aft galley on the way to the washroom, nothing. Then as I returned from the washroom, I see FA taking the basket out of a hidden niche back to a specific person in PY some snacks at her seat. Nobody came to my seat in J offering any snacks, and indeed they appeared to have actively hidden the snacks from us, and I have never been offered snack basket in PY myself. It occurred to me that the specific person in PY could pass for a FA had she been in uniform rather than civilian clothing.
Scrolling up, I see a PDB. We did not get PDB on either 791 or 792.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Vinaigrette was not catered to LAX-YYZ on Monday as well.
Furthermore, the entree was rethermalized on the serving plate with the resulting effect of looking like something removed from a portapotty. (I don't have a photo storage web account I care to use here, but I did memorialize it with a photo.) I thought J meals were supposed to be plated in the galley, but this clearly was not.
And the snack basket I had been keenly coveting was nowhere to be seen. I did not want to go to forward galley from row 8 as there was a celebrity everyone was nonchalantly positioning to peer at, but checking the aft galley on the way to the washroom, nothing. Then as I returned from the washroom, I see FA taking the basket out of a hidden niche back to a specific person in PY some snacks at her seat. Nobody came to my seat in J offering any snacks, and indeed they appeared to have actively hidden the snacks from us, and I have never been offered snack basket in PY myself. It occurred to me that the specific person in PY could pass for a FA had she been in uniform rather than civilian clothing.
Scrolling up, I see a PDB. We did not get PDB on either 791 or 792.
Business class meals on international flights are plated into the galley. This is not the case for flights domestically or transborder
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Business class meals on international flights are plated into the galley. This is not the case for flights domestically or transborder
I wondered if that was my confusion, and it seems correct. It could have been presented much less unappealingly even on the same dish, however. It was consistent with the crew's level of care regarding PDB (none), nuts (warmed but cooled off before serving), cookie (ditto), etc.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I wondered if that was my confusion, and it seems correct. It could have been presented much less unappealingly even on the same dish, however. It was consistent with the crew's level of care regarding PDB (none), nuts (warmed but cooled off before serving), cookie (ditto), etc.
Regarding the PDB, once in awhile I will be on board without IROPS and no PDB is offered, and no explanation is offered. Not the biggest deal but I always wonder why crew don't simply advise the J pax "sorry folks, but no PDB due to X reasons"... I'd rather have a reason provided than zero communication at all, and in your case it seems the latter for everything.

And yes, when you fly 400+ flights a year, raising this (politely) with crew gets tiresome. But then again, it's partially my fault you got this shoddy service.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I would have posted the flight number and also advised Air Canada that this happened on your flight.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:55 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Breakfast choices

I was on AC 308 last night (YVR-YUL) and the SD gave us the breakfast menu.

I realized that there is now only 1 choice available: the egg omelette. I wonder what happened with the healthy option or pancakes ?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jsfrSE

I realized that there is now only 1 choice available: the egg omelette. I wonder what happened with the healthy option or pancakes ?
Red-eye flights only have the omelette available. I think most people on those flights skip breakfast entirely anyways.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by jsfrSE

A menu for one option?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:27 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
It occurred to me that the specific person in PY could pass for a FA had she been in uniform rather than civilian clothing.
What on Earth does that mean? If you think the FA was favouring a colleague, just say so - wouldn't be the first time we've heard a story like that - but FAs are people like you and me. Women, men, different races, tall, short, etc. This isn't the 1950s... So I'm not sure how a person can look like an FA.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
What on Earth does that mean? If you think the FA was favouring a colleague, just say so - wouldn't be the first time we've heard a story like that - but FAs are people like you and me. Women, men, different races, tall, short, etc. This isn't the 1950s... So I'm not sure how a person can look like an FA.
Far from evoking the 50s, I just meant well groomed relative to many travellers when in travel mode, similar age and gender to the purveyor of the basket. Nothing to do with age, size, gender. Unlike me, who could not have simply put on a uniform and passed for a FA, her makeup and hair would have been straight from FA grooming requirements in a major airline. I did not say I thought she was a colleague because I had no evidence for that. I did have a visual impression of precisely what I said and you can infer that maybe she was off-duty FA, or sister of FA, or whatever you like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.