Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Showed Mr FQ how to eUp with his E35K and he goes and picks the pasta when they have the BBQ chicken. Where did I go wrong???
I hate chicken.

Mind you I usually don't have the pasta either.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Showed Mr FQ how to eUp with his E35K and he goes and picks the pasta when they have the BBQ chicken. Where did I go wrong???
Clearly he needs to spend more time on FT
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: TK *G
The BBQ chicken went wrong.

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Time to start reaching out to a couple lawyers lol!
Ehh, what type(s) of lawyers?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
The BBQ chicken is my favourite (the grits not so much). But he liked the pasta.
The dessert was the cocoa-dusted-cool-whip-passing-as-"tiramisu".
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC 116 YVR-YYZ July 2017

Salmon dinner not as good as same meal on AC 112 (post 3175).

Still, here are the photos.

Attached Images    
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by 24left
AC 116 YVR-YYZ July 2017

Salmon dinner not as good as same meal on AC 112 (post 3175).

Still, here are the photos.

Ugh - I hate this new salmon dish that's a mainstay on transcons now...

The sauce is so rich / oily.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by capedreamer

^ The boiled egg looks alright, however, the rest of the meal looks uninviting. Creamy, salty (my guess), and overcooked. If it looks overcooked in a photo, I'm sure it was less than pleasant in real life.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

It's not that bad

I actually kinda like the salmon dish.

The appetizer offerings on the various transcon routes have improved drastically, IMHO.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
It's not that bad

I actually kinda like the salmon dish.

The appetizer offerings on the various transcon routes have improved drastically, IMHO.
Surely salmon is invariably overcooked, really dry? Plus, I have had salmon that tasted like not really fresh.

Anyway, at home we only eat wild salmon, usually sockeye. And sure, sockeye in particular is easy to overcooked and end up dry. I would rather have it a bit on the rare side.

So no matter how bad, I find beef is damage control. My wife might disagree and go for chicken, god forbid. Birds were meant to fly. Now if it were duck, and at least medium rare...
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Stranger
Surely salmon is invariably overcooked, really dry? Plus, I have had salmon that tasted like not really fresh.
That's been my experience. And I suspect AC knows this and therefore douses the salmon in a thick, creamy, overpowering sauce to hide the low quality of the fish itself.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
That's been my experience. And I suspect AC knows this and therefore douses the salmon in a thick, creamy, overpowering sauce to hide the low quality of the fish itself.
And I believe you are quite correct. If the salmon was wild, or responsibly produced, Air Canada would make a point of stating this. The last menu I read, does not mention otherwise, so I expect that the salmon comes from one of the factory operations in Atlantic Canada, which are not known for their responsible factory farming practices. Responsibly sourced farmed salmon is available in Canada, but it costs more.
AC only allows a certain amount for the cost of a meal, hence the reliance on cheap bulk items such as pasta, high sodium/canola oil dominated dressings & sauces, poultry with skin etc. My last two TPAC meals were trashed because they were plain awful.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
My last two TPAC meals were trashed because they were plain awful.
Did you at least get offered another choice?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Did you at least get offered another choice?
On the NA flights, they often do not load enough meals in J to allow for an alternative selection of the same dish. On the TPACs, of the 3 options, invariably while one might be offered another meal, they are the ones I specifically avoided. Finnicky eater perhaps, but this could be avoided if AC had a sandwich and robust soup option. I would gladly settle for a big bowl of MLL quality chicken noodle soup and sandwich in lieu of a meal.

And yes, I know I am also clueless on food service options. After almost 2 years, I was in the Y cabin and had an opportunity to use my AC cafe coupon. Food is not available on Rapidair flights because the flight is too short. None of those sexy cashews, trail mix, fruit snacks promoted in the adverts are available. I was able to cash in on a drink but left wondering why AC doesn't warn people that the coupons (aka benefits) are useless for food options on flights under 2 1/2 hours. (Warn as in a pop up when adding the coupon code).
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I am so excited for my omelette tomorrow
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I am so excited for my omelette tomorrow
Works for me. Then there should be enough for both of us. I'm having the fruit, cheese and melba toast. The oatmeal will be game day decision.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.