Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Waiting for the day that a stew option (maybe lamb stew) replaces the dried steak option.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by kwflyer
I have found asking during boarding the SD if you want your meal at a certain time in the air to be helpful, and pointing out that you are educated on the flex meal option.

But I do agree you shouldn't have to be proactive regarding this.
Right. Nothing stops me from doing that but it is annoying to have to make a point of it...

Really irritating.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Waiting for the day that a stew option (maybe lamb stew) replaces the dried steak option.
I was on a YVR YYZ flight this past Wednesday and the beef I got was like a slab of BRICK. I could barely cut it with my stainless steel knife!
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I was on a YVR YYZ flight this past Wednesday and the beef I got was like a slab of BRICK. I could barely cut it with my stainless steel knife!
Use plastic knife next time, plastic on plastic may work.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Use plastic knife next time, plastic on plastic may work.
LOL

In that case, would need to have a rubber knife too.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
LOL

In that case, would need to have a rubber knife too.
only if you order a rubber chicken
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Afaik the continental breakfast standard only applies to the YYZ-YOW route and not short-haul flights in general.
Can someone confirm that there still is a hot breakfast between YUL and YYZ, then the same on YYZ - DCA?

Flying both these routes multiple times in the next few months.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
I'll admit, I got excited for a moment yesterday morning on my YOW-YYC, as the menu indicated that the omelet was served with the old school "cottage cheese and red pepper relish". However, reality quickly came crashing back down when it was just the same salsa-like condiment that we've seen for the past 2 years.

Has anyone actually seen the cottage cheese/red pepper relish combination again, or is it just an error in printing the new menus?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy Tit/LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Enterprise Gold, UA*S, Accor Gold, Hz 5*
For all the steak comments. I have now had rare and tender steak served to me at least 3 times in the past 2 years in Domestic J. When it comes out that way it's more than edible. But it's hard to make it happen.

I've had one SD say oh sure I can make it rare, and indeed it came out rare.

Others I ask and they say they will do it, then forget to remove mine from the oven early and serve me gray rubber.

Maybe some additional training is all that is needed to make the beef a nice option.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Domestic J class meal. YYZ-YWG Nov 4
apologies for not copying or photographing the menu for exact description:
herb chicken in sherry cream sauce with some kind of creamy yellow rice and diced veg side dish. 2x the creamy does not make all things better- especially when rethermed. esp when one cream is pink and one cream is yellow. One or the other as creamy might have worked. a C-. and that is only because I was starved for protein or else I suspect my red pen would be out.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by canolakid
Domestic J class meal. YYZ-YWG Nov 4
apologies for not copying or photographing the menu for exact description:
herb chicken in sherry cream sauce with some kind of creamy yellow rice and diced veg side dish. 2x the creamy does not make all things better- especially when rethermed. esp when one cream is pink and one cream is yellow. One or the other as creamy might have worked. a C-. and that is only because I was starved for protein or else I suspect my red pen would be out.
Had the same meal, on the same route the day before. The chicken itself was ok (removed some of the sauce) but the "creamy yellow rice" looked very unappealing to the point where I think there was more sauce than rice... Plain rice with that dish would actually probably make it passable.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by canforce
Can someone confirm that there still is a hot breakfast between YUL and YYZ, then the same on YYZ - DCA?

Flying both these routes multiple times in the next few months.
According to AY, only YOW-YYZ has the cold plate option/continental breakfast.

Post 1055: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...thread-71.html
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
A friend of mine asked me a completely random question I couldn't answer, so here it goes:

Does AC have soda and tonic water onboard?

I can't seem to find the beverage offering anywhere on the AC website.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
A friend of mine asked me a completely random question I couldn't answer, so here it goes:

Does AC have soda and tonic water onboard?

I can't seem to find the beverage offering anywhere on the AC website.
Yes to both under the Canada Dry brand.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kwflyer
Yes to both under the Canada Dry brand.
Thanks! I've seen both in the lounge, but wasn't sure whether they are also offered onboard.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.