Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Executive Class up to Global Standards?

Old Mar 11, 1999, 10:42 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL

Air Canada reports that it is instituting a hot meal policy for Executive Class flights in North America. This is a major effort on their part and involves totally redesigned menus. They are supposedly bringing food services up to global standards. I hope they don't mean U.S. standards!
Old Mar 11, 1999, 11:00 am
Original Member

Bravo Air Canada! In comparison to Canadian Airlines' new Chefs Conclave program, and Menu by Design, Air Canada's Business Class food is awful. I know it may be hard fo some people to believe, by Canadian has a very very strong food program for it's business class passengers.

I do have a problem with their transborder route network (ie. via ORD with AA), and their narrow body business class seats. But the food is exceptional.
Old Mar 12, 1999, 3:26 pm

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
I'd have to agree with FISCH about the food on Canadian in Club Empress, it is as good as any I've had in the air. The only problem is with the service, as they now serve from a trolly onto indivudual plates it takes a long time. This is no great problem on the daytime flights, but at night when you want to try and sleep, you need to allow 2 hours for the food to be served. YYZ to LHR you are half way through the flight before you are finished with the meal. What make it worse (better?) is you don't want to skip it as its can be so good.

[This message has been edited by SCMM (edited 03-12-99).]
Old Mar 18, 1999, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Never mind what they serve in Executive Class...has anyone had the privelge of ordering and getting a vegetarian meal on Air Canada in economy between Vancouver and Toronto recently? Better bag your own lunch! Whereas on Canadian, they not only have a better vegetarian selection , but they even offer an AVML - their asian vegetarian meal. My last request turned up a vegetable stir fry with rice. Yummy! Beats going to Chinatown afterwards!
Old Mar 18, 1999, 11:54 am
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
If you are travelling in Executive class between Toronto-Vancouver you no longer need to request a vegetarian meal. They is always a vegetarian option available as a matter of course (lunch and dinner flights only). It's always a pasta and it's okay. In economy the options are still only - chicken or beef - so you do need to specifically request a veggie meal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.