Search

10000 free miles...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 1999, 9:17 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

10000 free miles...

I have an idea...

Apply for a Diners Club Card, get 10000 miles upon approval, and then cancel the card.

This would work, right? Would they return the annual fee to you? If not, 10000 miles is still worth CAD$55.
Old Jan 30, 1999, 11:43 am
Original Member

Boris

you will not receive 10000 pts if you signup with Diners Club/En route in Canada. The bonus is 6000 (good until the end of february) and you will receive 4000 points more if yoy buy 3 Air Canada tickets and renew your membership at the end of the year. Actually you will also receive 2000 points more for renewing your card. Of course you only receive your points (2 to 3 months after) if you pay the membership fees.

The price for a year of membership is 65 dollars and not 55 and don't even try to get the 10000 points that our friends in the states receive when they ask before renewing.

Another minus of the card is that you've got access to some lounge that are affiliated with Diners but only outside CAnada as the partner in Canada for the Lounge is Air Canada and of course you will not be able to get access to the lounge in Canada if you're not a MAple Leaf member.

Christian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.