Air Canada's "apology"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 1998, 2:53 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Air Canada's "apology"

Aeroplan members probably already know this
but when my Air Canada WebSaver weekly e-mail
came to me Tuesday (minus the discount fares)
I saw this: (this is parapraised

Because of the inconvenience of the strike,
Air Canada is offering Triple Aeroplan Miles
on Air canada Connector Airlines. That's for
Aeroplan members flying on: AirBC, Air
Ontario, Air Alliance, and Air Nova.

It's effective September 2nd and for the duration of the Air Canada Labour disruption.
A nice apology I think. CATMAN
Old Sep 9, 1998, 3:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I hope the AC strike will not ruin my plan to earn the 50'000 Star-Alliance-Bonus-miles (plus 10'000 for the quiz) by flying all 6 Airlines in between sep-15 and nov-15.

My flights with AC are planned for sep-28 (SEA-YVR) and sep-29 (YVR-SFO).
Old Sep 9, 1998, 7:36 pm
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
Rudi, the SEA-YVR segment is on AirBC (Air Canada's connector) and is operating NORMALLY as the pilots have a separate contract. However your YVR-SFO flight is at risk as that is an actual AC flight. However word in toronto today (I was there this morning) is that the two sides are close to a deal today and the pilots would need 3 days to ratify the new deal and flights should be going by Monday. However the deal isn't complete yet but they are "close" to an agreement and the pilots union is hoping to hit a firm deal either today or tomorrow morning.

Warm regards,
Old Sep 9, 1998, 8:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I just got a letter from Air Canada stating that they would credit as qualifying miles towards elite any miles from a competitor airline that I take during the strike. All I have to do is mail them my boarding passes and copies of tickets. I thought that was a good touch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.