Air Canada | Aeroplan

send ORIGINALS ? (from Webflyer)

Old Aug 5, 98, 5:16 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus

Webflyer writes: "Air Canada Aeroplan members take note, an existing rule will be enforced very strictly in the near future. Effective Sept. 1, members must send the original boarding pass in order to receive credit for missing flights. Members should also send in the ticket or electronic receipt, which can be copies or the originals."

And if AC looses/forgets my first mail with ORIGINALS?
Old Aug 5, 98, 12:56 pm
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
Unfortunately will you have to take that risk. They are very insistent on this rule. Only the boarding passes need to be original - the ticket can be a photocopy. And in my experience they have never lost any mail I sent them so I wouldn't be too worried about it. But since Rudi, you are a Mileage Plus member rather than Aeroplan it doesn't really affect too much. My guess is that some person(people) figured out a loophole in their system - maybe AC doesn't properly check whether mileage has been credited or not before adding more miles. I do know that Aeroplan employees can add miles aribitrarily. I once received a 2000 mile bonus that I should have got in both directions but only one was credited. I sent in a letter and the boarding card and they added another 2000 miles to my account but it just showed up as Misc. Miles 2000 on my next statement. I don't know how US Airlines deal with missing bonuses as I just moved to the US.

Regards,
Old Aug 5, 98, 1:17 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
thank you - you are right (I forgot that this was a AC-mileage-program-estion only). At the moment UA-Mileage Plus doesn't ask me for the original AC boarding-pass.

Search this Thread