Airlines and Mileage Programs

Air Canada | Aeroplan

Star Alliance

Star Alliance

Old May 5, 98, 12:01 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Star Alliance

I was dissapointed that Air Canada dropped out of the partnership they had with Continental, although it seemed the awards on United were a better deal anyway. With this Star Alliance thing, how come I still have problems getting the correct miles posted in my Aeroplan account when flying non-codeshare partners? They talk about seamless travel but not seamless miles. So far, I'm dissapointed in the whole idea, especially the lounge provileges. It seems my lounge membership with one airline isn't good with other airlines lounges without travel on that particular airline. Unfair at best, poor customer benefits at worst. Maybe some of these other alliances will send a message to Star Alliance.
Old May 17, 98, 3:40 pm
Original Member

I fly the majority of trips with Continental (Gold) and American (Platinum) I am a million miler on Delta, but like everyone, they are going downhill fast.

I decided to join Air Canada, primarily because when I flew to Canada in the past I could get OnePass Miles. As this is no longer the case and the Continental overseas alliances are not very good, I thought Air Canada would be good because of the Star Alliance.

I have a trip to Canada scheduled in June, based on your comments, am I better flying on American/Canadian if getting credit on Air Canada is so difficult?
Old Jun 3, 98, 8:44 pm
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
Getting credit for Star Alliance partners was quite difficult but now seems to be almost seamless (if you get bumped or re-routed then you can almost count on having to call them) but routine flights will go through no problem.

Also lounge access is now fixed. I had no problem getting into United Lounges with an Air Canada Elite status.
Old Jul 28, 98, 9:29 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Officially (by the rules) UA Red Carpet is not open on flights between Canada and USA or back. The rules say, that such flights are not considered internatinal flights and that only on international flights/segments you can use Star-Alliance-partner-lounges (and only if you fly that next international-segment with the partner running the lounge).

But you can take your chances, and till now it did workout always.

Search this Thread