Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Exclusive online sale: Summer of deals from Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exclusive online sale: Summer of deals from Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2009, 9:15 pm

Programs: no status
Thanks, Andrew. I booked a non-planned trip within Canada using this promotion. Now I hope that a Europe promotion will come back soon, as I was not able to use the previous one due to error messages.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:20 am

Promotion code expires at midnight in the time zone of the departure city.

Not yet midnight in the time zone of the departure city - I too cannot use this code.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 2:56 am

Programs: AC
Does anyone know how often promo codes come out for Air Canada Vacations. I am looking to book a trip to vegas, and will wait if there is a chance of the price coming down in the near future, but if they never come out with them, I will just book now. Travelling from Edmonton.

Thanks for any info anyone can give me.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 5:51 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Dear Andrew,

I would appreciate an update in relation to potential availability of promotion code in the next week for flights from Europe to North America. I will be flying in early September.

Thanks for your prompt feedback. A PM is welcome if public response not warranted.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:51 am

Programs: Back of the bus
what do you not understand about "he'll post the code when it's available" and he can't give any hints? Read the thread like the rest of us do. You missed the europe code. Watch the thread like anyone else. He's not going to pre-release any info.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:52 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Club_IC
Dear Andrew,

I would appreciate an update in relation to potential availability of promotion code in the next week for flights from Europe to North America..
I don't think that's how it works. This is one of these new-fangled viral/internet/twitty marketing promotions where you have to watch-this-space to find out the deal. It's all about the buzz you know.

And in any event, there was a Europe promotion in week two so I doubt we'll see another one in this series.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 8:21 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Updated with this week's promo.

I will check to see what happened with the Canada code on Sun.

As Tax Dude posted - I will not reveal what upcoming weeks' codes are (either here or via PM). It will be posted every week and everyone will find out at the same time.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Waiting to book my EZE flight, hopefully tomorrow we will get that surprise code for S. Americaa.
Looks like you got it!

bawm
Old Jul 27, 2009, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Checked on the Canada code - sorry about that, we made a mistake with the expiry date. It was indeed supposed to be Jul 26 as per the first post, but system had it set for Jul 25. I will post a new code that will be valid until tomorrow night so those who were intending to book on Sun could do so now. First post will be updated with details.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Wink

Thanks Andrew, just booked my EZE seat for Sep 11.
All in $700, S fare.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jul 29, 2009 at 10:05 am
Old Jul 27, 2009, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by DavidYYC
Interesting fare watch. I have been watching fares YYC-YYZ return in October, with Andrews discount last night my particular fare on Tango + was $510 ai this morning the same route and dates the fare is $660 ai

Strange? i thought fall fares especially for this time of year would be going down, not up?
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I'm also tracking YYZ-YYC (to connect with my $170 ticket to MAD). Base fare is now $224 ($202 with 10% discount, comes to $267 all in). I am strongly debating whether to book this tomorrow, or hold out for a better sale. Around Mother's Day, YYZ-YVR was $199 one way, not sure what YYZ-YYC would have been. So I think we may see a better price yet. Still 2 months left.

BTW, when I started tracking this fare in June, it was $304, then $274, now $224.
Check your travel dates!

The price for my date has dropped to $204 (albeit for the 6:30 flight when I would have preferred the 8 a.m. one), so works out to $248 all in with the new 10% discount code.

Last edited by margarita girl; Jul 27, 2009 at 9:28 am
Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
Checked on the Canada code - sorry about that, we made a mistake with the expiry date. It was indeed supposed to be Jul 26 as per the first post, but system had it set for Jul 25. I will post a new code that will be valid until tomorrow night so those who were intending to book on Sun could do so now. First post will be updated with details.
Thank you for the effort. I tried again and did manage to book this time!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:33 am

I was wondering why I can't use the code for YHZ-GIG?

It says "The promotion code provided can't be used with the selected route. Please verify and try again."
Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:01 pm

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC
I was wondering why I can't use the code for YHZ-GIG?

It says "The promotion code provided can't be used with the selected route. Please verify and try again."
I don't think it's just YHZ, I can't get it to work for any departure point, traveling to GIG. Maybe because of the JJ operated segment or something? No problems getting it to give the discount to GRU.

Cheers,
bawm
Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

AC operated flights only - codeshare/flights operated by non AC don't qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.