Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
So we can all get a handle on how they are going to work in the real world, how much they will cost, et c.

Post flight, date, route, original fare basis (T, T+, Lat, etc), and if known, seat inventory (i.e. J9, C7, Z5, I3). If you do upgrade, please also let us know how many empty J seats there were in the cabin, if any. And if you were considering a certificate upgrade, why or why you didn't opt for the LMU.

It would be helpful if this thread could be limited to "just the facts" and no discussion, which could be posted elsewhere. That should make this thread more useful for everyone.

Should anyone want to discuss LMU's further please post in this thread:

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Vaclav
OuTRAGEOUS!

Last weekend on AA:

YUL-MIA $165 to C (a flight from heaven!)
MIA-YUL $ 135 to C (a very good flight)

And AA has 40" legroom on B737-500 in J/C, a hard wall divider (no nasty curtain), service with a smiles at all times on both flights, and even (cheap) sparkling wine. Have I found a new home?
Don't disagree that AC's LMU prices are high, but you're not exactly comparing apples to apples. YYZ-MIA on AC is ~$269. But if they are able to sell the seat, why would they not charge this price?
Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Don't disagree that AC's LMU prices are high, but you're not exactly comparing apples to apples. YYZ-MIA on AC is ~$269. But if they are able to sell the seat, why would they not charge this price?
Not sure if they sell it or give it away through upgrades.
Where am I not comparing apples to apples?
Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Vaclav
Not sure if they sell it or give it away through upgrades.
Where am I not comparing apples to apples?
YUL-YVR and YUL-MIA are not equal comparisons for LMU prices.

Last edited by ChrisA330; Oct 5, 2012 at 11:57 am
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)

My trusty spreadsheet shows me being 220 miles short of the new E50K level by year end. So tomorrow I am going on a mini mileage run to pad the account.

At T-24 hours OLCI (on T+ fare, of course):
YYC-YVR: $179
YVR-YEG: $179

Declined both segments. Hoping that AC will give "thanks" for my business and provide a surprise, complimentary UG. One can wish. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Old Oct 5, 2012, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by capebretonboy
My trusty spreadsheet shows me being 220 miles short of the new E50K level by year end.
Surely for 220 miles you're better off just adding an unnecessary connection on an existing flight rather than paying $300 for a whole extra trip?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I'm guessing possibly time and travel constraints?

Due to my job, I can't do multi-days nor add a leg slightly away from my intended destination.

Originally Posted by zkzkz
Surely for 220 miles you're better off just adding an unnecessary connection on an existing flight rather than paying $300 for a whole extra trip?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by zkzkz
I agree, good point, but it is due to my job. I can't really do multi-city. The best I can do is route myself through YYZ and onwards to my typical work destination of YOW. I've routed myself through YYZ for 3 of the last 4 work trips (should have done it 4/4 in hindsight). In any case, this weekend I have friends heading up to YEG by car for the day and I am just going to hop back to YYC with them. One way to YEG direct was $187 taxes in, $237 taxes in through YVR. So for just $50 more I will have jet service instead of a DH3, and plus it will make for a nice Saturday spent flying (over the Rockies 2x). Most importantly, I will get an additional 500 AE status miles to really pad the account to ensure AE 50K for 2013. All in all, worth it, IMO. (I know, spoken like a addict
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:30 pm

Oh and forgot to mention quality lounge time in both YYC and YVR and possibly YEG upon arrival, depending on how long my friends take leaving Edmonton.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:47 pm

YHZ-YYT
T-23.5hrs
Tango ticket
LMU = $189
Almost a complete joke!!!!
Old Oct 6, 2012, 3:36 pm

YYC-YYZ $349 J6
from aeroplan ticket.
No!
Old Oct 7, 2012, 1:14 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
CUN-YYZ-YUL on a T Class Fare
J6R2
No LMU offered at web checkin
At counter was offered at $275.00, not pesos, but $
refused
Old Oct 7, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: AP, AM

Is there a price point that is "worth it" for LMU, say in price per mile? Is this a whole other thread?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Beavertails
Is there a price point that is "worth it" for LMU, say in price per mile? Is this a whole other thread?
There is no accepted amount, as everyone values their money/comfort differently. Personally, I find $100 /hr to be my price limit.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 4:28 pm

LMU I use $100 per hour as well, but has to be <4.5 hours below that, <$ 200 total
Old Oct 7, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
The others are right: it comes to one's personal value towards the LMU.

It also depends on the type of seat in which I'm sitting; if I'm on a long overseas flight, stuck in the window or middle seat, then I'll definitely look into the LMU.

If I'm in a preferred seat for which I made the selection, then chances are I'll be content.

Originally Posted by Beavertails

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.