Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
So we can all get a handle on how they are going to work in the real world, how much they will cost, et c.

Post flight, date, route, original fare basis (T, T+, Lat, etc), and if known, seat inventory (i.e. J9, C7, Z5, I3). If you do upgrade, please also let us know how many empty J seats there were in the cabin, if any. And if you were considering a certificate upgrade, why or why you didn't opt for the LMU.

It would be helpful if this thread could be limited to "just the facts" and no discussion, which could be posted elsewhere. That should make this thread more useful for everyone.

Should anyone want to discuss LMU's further please post in this thread:

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Print Wikipost

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:07 am
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
YYZ-SFO

YYZ-SFO Oct 15. $399. R5 at 24h. Accepted. Flight boarded with J1 R1.

The wait lists, even for Prestige e-upgrades, clear at T-24h. Since I can't begin the check-in process until T-24, the e-upgrade list should clearing should beat any LMU request by a minute or two.

It's upgrades at the airport and op-ups that are being replaced by LMUs.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by wwtsang
don't LMUs and eupgrades both come out of the R bucket? IF the system works, eupgrades should have cleared first, unless R=1 and everyone on the list were pairs

That's what I thought. I only report what I see.
An upgrade request in one hand and a LMU offer in the other.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by BackSlash3
YYZ-SFO Oct 15. $399. R5 at 24h. Accepted. Flight boarded with J1 R1.

The wait lists, even for Prestige e-upgrades, clear at T-24h. Since I can't begin the check-in process until T-24, the e-upgrade list should clearing should beat any LMU request by a minute or two.

It's upgrades at the airport and op-ups that are being replaced by LMUs.
That is nowhere close to true. The wait lists frequently don't clear at T-24, especially for popular flights like YVR-SYD. As an E on that flight there is nearly no chance that an upgrade requested at the 4 day window clears prior to the gate. Same thing for many transcons, as J gets low (generally under J3) they hold the seats open for same day changes or last minute sales and then assign the upgrades at the gate if the seats are still free at boarding.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 5:49 am

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
YOW-YHZ, Nov 4
Tango fare, E90
$189+, declined
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:01 am

YVR-YYZ-DFW-YYZ-YVR
$439/$269/$279/$499 L class.
No thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:11 am

Are LMU's offered from Mexico City to Toronto?

Does anyone know if a LMU ( Last Minute Upgrade ) is offered from Mexico City to Toronto? If so, does anyone know the price of the upgrade?

The AC website says the LMU's are only offered from Canada and the USA, has anyone had different experiences?

I would appreciate some advice, especially if you were able to upgrade out of Mexico City.

Thank you for your help.

soccer
Old Nov 10, 2011, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by soccerpapi
Does anyone know if a LMU ( Last Minute Upgrade ) is offered from Mexico City to Toronto? If so, does anyone know the price of the upgrade?

The AC website says the LMU's are only offered from Canada and the USA, has anyone had different experiences?

I would appreciate some advice, especially if you were able to upgrade out of Mexico City.

Thank you for your help.

soccer
LMU are offered across the entire system.

Post #412 listed a YYZ-MEX LMU offered for $250.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: ACSE, A3*G, AB_Gold, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
YOW-YUL-BRU

YOW - YUL no J class.

At T-8, YUL - BRU at $1398 for LMU. R0, but J2/D2/C2/Z1.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by YOW_Flyer
YOW - YUL no J class.

At T-8, YUL - BRU at $1398 for LMU. R0, but J2/D2/C2/Z1.
$1398 for a seven hour flight..... Ouch.

I thought now LMU's were supposed to be offered if R was at 0? I would have passed on that one thats for sure. That is nearly $200 per hour.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: ACSE, A3*G, AB_Gold, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by josh_saunders
$1398 for a seven hour flight..... Ouch.

I thought now LMU's were supposed to be offered if R was at 0? I would have passed on that one thats for sure. That is nearly $200 per hour.
That is pretty steep for sure. I declined, of course. I was under the impression that LMU was offered when there is R available, since they come out of the same fare bucket. The only thing I saw changed was the Z fare bucket increased by one seat. Does that mean LMU comes out of Z? I could be completely wrong here.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by YOW_Flyer
That is pretty steep for sure. I declined, of course. I was under the impression that LMU was offered when there is R available, since they come out of the same fare bucket. The only thing I saw changed was the Z fare bucket increased by one seat. Does that mean LMU comes out of Z? I could be completely wrong here.
It appears that recently and on at least some flights, LMU comes out of the J/C/Z/D buckets as non-status pax are being offered LMU even when R0 and E/SE are still on waitlist.

This is one thread, but there has been more anecdotal reports in the past few months:

AC eUpgrade BS
Old Nov 13, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Finnair Plus, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
YYZ - YVR. 8 hours to go: $589 (Tango Plus)

DECLINED.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
AC923 MCO-YYZ $309USD from AE reward ticket. Declined.

AC173 YYZ-YYC At T-24, $509USD (also from AE ticket). Declined, but at T-12, price dropped to $349USD, at which time I accepted.

Sorry, didn't get a chance to check the R and J availabilities....
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:14 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
YYZ-ORD
T+ fare
$139, declined.

This is the lowest LMU price I have been offered for a short-haul.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 3:43 pm

Sorry for Hijacking this thread, but I usually try and accept the LMU's that are offered but recently the prices have been going up for Air Canada. I used to do YHZ-YYT for $99.00 but must recently It was $150.00

I just checked in for my UA flight YHZ-ORD ( 3hrs 50 minutes) and was offered an upgrade to F for $151 CAD. (including all taxes)
After seeing all the Air Canada LMU's this was a STEAL! I'd have to pay over $50 to check my suitcases anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.