Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
So we can all get a handle on how they are going to work in the real world, how much they will cost, et c.

Post flight, date, route, original fare basis (T, T+, Lat, etc), and if known, seat inventory (i.e. J9, C7, Z5, I3). If you do upgrade, please also let us know how many empty J seats there were in the cabin, if any. And if you were considering a certificate upgrade, why or why you didn't opt for the LMU.

It would be helpful if this thread could be limited to "just the facts" and no discussion, which could be posted elsewhere. That should make this thread more useful for everyone.

Should anyone want to discuss LMU's further please post in this thread:

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Print Wikipost

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by anthonyd
Oct 19 FRA - YOW (Booked in "L")

- 7 days out R0, J0, C0
- 4 days out R0, J0, C0 - added to waitlist as an E
- t-24 R0, J0, C0 - added to waitlist
- t-6 I was told at checkin one seat available 50/50 chance of upg clearing
- upg confirmed at the gate on boarding.....eventually 2 seats were available. I got the last one

I am happy it cleared obviously.....however can anyone explain how an oversold flight in business (ac.com was not even displaying a business class fare one week out) allow 2 upgrades on the day of departure? Just curious is all.
Possibilities include:
1) FRA is a major connection point, and some flight mis-connected.
2) Someone on full-J changed their plans (this happens way more than you would think).
3) Someone had a confirmed SWU upgrade from Y/B and "forgot" their cert.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by anthonyd
Oct 19 FRA - YOW (Booked in "L")

- 7 days out R0, J0, C0
- 4 days out R0, J0, C0 - added to waitlist as an E
- t-24 R0, J0, C0 - added to waitlist
- t-6 I was told at checkin one seat available 50/50 chance of upg clearing
- upg confirmed at the gate on boarding.....eventually 2 seats were available. I got the last one

I am happy it cleared obviously
That's great news, but not germane to this thread, which is about the so-called "Last Minute Upgrades" that AC offers for cash during online and kiosk checkin.

.....however can anyone explain how an oversold flight in business (ac.com was not even displaying a business class fare one week out) allow 2 upgrades on the day of departure? Just curious is all.
It's unlikely that J itself was oversold, in the sense that they sold more J tickets than J seats. Apparently they don't oversell J. All you can say is that they weren't willing to sell any more J seats for some reason. They might have sold all the seats, or they might have sold some combination of J and Y seats such that they didn't want to sell any more and risk leaving people behind if too many people show up for the flight.

Why did your upgrade clear the day of? That's a simple matter of the being X number of seats in J available for bums to sit in, and X-2 bums actually appearing to sit in them. They found some extra bums to fill them in, with your bum apparently being the last one.

There may have been two J ticket holders who didn't show and who intend to change their reservation to another flight for some reason, for example.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:14 am

Programs: LH, UA, SQ
Oct 2010
Aeroplan Reward Tickets
YVR - LHR
OLCI @ 20hrs prior
$829
Declined
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: LH, UA, SQ
1 Nov 2010
AC 555 Tango Plus
LAX - YVR
OLCI @ 18hrs prior
$299
Declined
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: aeroplan Elite, Priority Club. HHonours
Question

Does anyone know if LMU is likely available 15 Nov LHR to YVR. If not offered at OLCI does that mean "no" or is it possible to purchase at the airport desk? Thank you.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by AC854
Does anyone know if LMU is likely available 15 Nov LHR to YVR. If not offered at OLCI does that mean "no" or is it possible to purchase at the airport desk? Thank you.
It's too hard to tell this far out. The windows for status members haven't even opened yet and that would be when you see seats quickly disappear.

If it isn't offered at T-24 but there are still J seats available, it is possible they will be opened closer to departure (ie. last week my dad couldn't LMU at T-24, but could at T-16). So recommendation is to check-in early on-line and if there isn't an upgrade offered, keep check back every few hours afterwards to see if they release any seats.

For reference: AC855 on the 15th is currently J9R8 and (for what it's worth) the seat map is showing 17 empty seats.

Last edited by rehoult; Nov 5, 2010 at 12:22 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by rehoult
It's too hard to tell this far out. The windows for status members haven't even opened yet and those would be when you seat seats quickly disappear.

If it isn't offered at T-24 but there are still J seats available, it is possible they will be opened closer to departure (ie. last week my dad couldn't LMU at T-24, but could at T-16). So recommendation is to check-in early on-line and if there isn't an upgrade offered, keep check back every few hours afterwards to see if they release any seats.

For reference: AC855 on the 15th is currently J9R8 and (for what it's worth) the seat map is showing 17 empty seats.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:42 am

Thumbs up

Thanks for the input - appreciated.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 5:25 am

Programs: AC*E
Kept me hanging by a thread

Wrong thread.

Last edited by pxy_a; Nov 7, 2010 at 5:28 am Reason: Wrong thread.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:31 am

Programs: AC75K, Amex AeroPlat, HHonours Silver
YYT-YYZ 219 @ 4 hrs OLCI
Declined
yyz-yyc 299@ 4 hrs OLCI,
Tried to accept, but wouldn't process the credit card.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:57 am

YVR-YYC
YUL-LGA $149+taxes.

Both from S class

No & no.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:47 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
ORD - YYZ
LMU $149 from a $149 T+ fare
Declined
Old Nov 13, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: AC SE, Flying Blue Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Rising LMU prices

Originally Posted by tracon
YVR-YYC
YUL-LGA $149+taxes.

Both from S class

No & no.
Surprising, I was on the same YUL-LGA flight in late august and the LMU price was $99+taxes (which I still declined for such a short flight)
Old Dec 10, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: FT
anyone notice a lack of LMU on flights lately? i have not seen any on a few flights where J was wide open...in several booking classes....between FLL/MIA and YYZ and YVR-YYZ.

also, noticed this language in a T ticket..."LAST MINUTE UPGRADE PROGRAM NOT APPLICABLE TO -TG."

is this new? T tix used to be OK.

Hmm...this thread has been very silent for about a month.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
YVR-LAS OLCI@24hrs
$229 declined. L class

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.