Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Old May 25, 15, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
So we can all get a handle on how they are going to work in the real world, how much they will cost, et c.

Post flight, date, route, original fare basis (T, T+, Lat, etc), and if known, seat inventory (i.e. J9, C7, Z5, I3). If you do upgrade, please also let us know how many empty J seats there were in the cabin, if any. And if you were considering a certificate upgrade, why or why you didn't opt for the LMU.

It would be helpful if this thread could be limited to "just the facts" and no discussion, which could be posted elsewhere. That should make this thread more useful for everyone.

Should anyone want to discuss LMU's further please post in this thread:

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Print Wikipost

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Old Feb 18, 10, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Travelling with family member who is on Tango fare and was offered upgrade for $99 + tax YYZ-YOW. Declined

I am on T+ and was offered same price. Also declined.
Old Feb 18, 10, 10:33 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Feb 16 AC541 YYZ-SEA on an S fare. LMU offered at OLCI for CAD$349 + $17.45 GST = $366.45 divide 5.25 hours = $69.80 /hr

Accepted since my prospective employer paid for the S fare; I need only pay for the upgrade
Old Feb 18, 10, 12:35 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by jtpc View Post
YYZ-YVR
Feb. 18, AC 029

LMU offered at online check in: $349 + tax, $366 total
Booked Tango plus fare originally.

Wasn't offered the upgrade when I did OLCI 24 hours prior, but it came up 2 hours later. This is a terrific deal for me since I have no status/certificates. Got the Tango plus fare with the 15% aeroplan partner discount code and only paid $217 for that leg. $366 later and I'm up front. Purposely booked this flight since it's going on to China (larger executive cabin so more chance of getting a seat), plus with it not being just a domestic flight there's less of a chance for an equipment change which might take the pods away.
...given the el cheapo J fare only goes as low as 799 as i have seen it....so 583 during the olympics is a smoking deal on a very nice bird...
Old Feb 18, 10, 1:27 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
LHR-YUL AC865 Feb 16th

No LMU offered at time of online checkin (around 5 hours before departure) despite Expertflyer indicating J9. Sure enough, on the plane business class was barely half full. Not sure why they wouldn't offer an LMU in this situation?
Old Feb 18, 10, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by mad_atta View Post
LHR-YUL AC865 Feb 16th

No LMU offered at time of online checkin (around 5 hours before departure) despite Expertflyer indicating J9. Sure enough, on the plane business class was barely half full. Not sure why they wouldn't offer an LMU in this situation?
....guess AC does not need the cash...
Old Feb 21, 10, 12:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
YVR - YYZ AC2156 tonight, LMU offered

$344 + tax. Still undecided.
Old Feb 21, 10, 4:17 pm

Programs: AC P,PC Plat,HH*G, Marriott Rewards
YWG-YYZ

YWG-YYZ AC 258 02/22 booked in T+ (S Class) did OLCI at 23:00 and was offered $199.00, accepted.
Old Feb 21, 10, 6:06 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Originally Posted by airbus320 View Post
Travelling with family member who is on Tango fare and was offered upgrade for $99 + tax YYZ-YOW. Declined

I am on T+ and was offered same price. Also declined.

T fare YUL-YYZ, $129 - declined

(Although it meets my criterion for ~$100/hour, let's face it this is a 1hr 15 min flight at best, there are better uses for upgrade $.
Ahh AC, our favourite E/paid E+ airline...)
Old Feb 21, 10, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium,, Hyatt Glob
Feb 19 YYZ to Mobay. $299 OLCI
Declined
Old Feb 22, 10, 8:43 am

Location: Who the hell knows, most times I end up putting down the wrong room number!
Programs: AC *E, OK Plus Gold, HH Diamond
My flight tomorrow YYZ - YVR didn't show LMU avail for upgrade - I decided not to check in, is it worth waiting in case the seats open up later? It is the 7am 763 flight - forgot the flight number...
Old Feb 22, 10, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by mad_atta View Post
LHR-YUL AC865 Feb 16th

I am not sure if they still do this, but in late August of '09 I asked at the gate about buying up to J and agent pulled out a sheet with prices for various Canadian cities from LHR. LHR-YYZ was 399 GBP, if I recall correctly. I declined. I would be interested in knowing if that LMU opportunity is still on offer on that route.
Old Feb 22, 10, 12:26 pm

No more LMU's from LHR

I flew from LHR to YVR late last month. I enquired at the ticket desk and check-in in LHR and I was told that they have stopped offering LMU's from LHR since early January.

The check-in agent said it was due to too many people relying on them, instead of purchasing a full J class ticket in advance of check-in.
Old Feb 22, 10, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by EI787 View Post
I flew from LHR to YVR late last month. I enquired at the ticket desk and check-in in LHR and I was told that they have stopped offering LMU's from LHR since early January.

The check-in agent said it was due to too many people relying on them, instead of purchasing a full J class ticket in advance of check-in.
...i suspect the real story is they are going to make it way more random...
Old Feb 22, 10, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by EI787 View Post

I'd put this is into the category of speculation made by an AC employee that has nothing to do with the LMU product.
Old Feb 24, 10, 11:14 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Today
AC 545 LAS to YVR

LMU offered for $199 per person. Took the LMU since it was Mom's birthday yesterday and wanted her to enjoy her trip home. $199 from a $67 T+ fare is a great deal for AC J. Nice flight home.

Search this Thread