Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Air Canada | Aeroplan

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 5, 17, 2:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tcook052
Wiki Link
So we can all get a handle on how they are going to work in the real world, how much they will cost, et c.

Post flight, date, route, original fare basis (T, T+, Lat, etc), and if known, seat inventory (i.e. J9, C7, Z5, I3). If you do upgrade, please also let us know how many empty J seats there were in the cabin, if any. And if you were considering a certificate upgrade, why or why you didn't opt for the LMU.

It would be helpful if this thread could be limited to "just the facts" and no discussion, which could be posted elsewhere. That should make this thread more useful for everyone.

Should anyone want to discuss LMU's further please post in this thread:

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 5, 12, 10:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AC
Great work on the database...

Just as I was opening the thread I had thought wouldn't it be great if it were easily searchable for referential prices.

Bravo

Lorna
Old Sep 5, 12, 11:02 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
One (small) detail...

Can you make the filters case-insensitive?

Great work so far, nice to see the db growing!
Old Sep 5, 12, 12:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
So I thought I'd try to contribute something to this forum, since I'm new.

This thread looks like it has a lot of information and no easy way to find anything, so I made a little database with a web interface at http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/lmu.php

Right now, there's no data in it, but I hope that if a few people can go back and enter their own LMUs, that we'll soon have a nice way to really compare LMU prices so we know if we're getting a good deal or not.

Let me know what you think, or if there are any improvements I should make, or if it's missing any information.
canadiancow - Just checked the flights I added to your spreadsheet. Two comments:

1. AC 140 on 2011-10-19 was YYC-YYZ
2. AC127 on 2011-06-29 was actually YYT-YYZ-YEG. I flew the YYT-YYZ leg and that is what the LMU was for (not sure if it would have been the same for the YYZ-YEG segment or for the entire YYT-YEG trip). Perhaps this is another modification required to your spreadsheet (to allow for partial segments of multi-city flights).
Old Sep 5, 12, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Gogie View Post
canadiancow - Just checked the flights I added to your spreadsheet. Two comments:

1. AC 140 on 2011-10-19 was YYC-YYZ
2. AC127 on 2011-06-29 was actually YYT-YYZ-YEG. I flew the YYT-YYZ leg and that is what the LMU was for (not sure if it would have been the same for the YYZ-YEG segment or for the entire YYT-YEG trip). Perhaps this is another modification required to your spreadsheet (to allow for partial segments of multi-city flights).
Ahh... multiple segments should have separate flight numbers... it would make this easier

Originally Posted by gabdusch View Post
One (small) detail...

Can you make the filters case-insensitive?
They were supposed to be. I'll fix it later.
Old Sep 5, 12, 2:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Ahh... multiple segments should have separate flight numbers... it would make this easier
I know this complicates things, but if somehow you could add to the functionality by having the flight info displayed before clicking the "add" button and allow for manual overrides where necessary (as in the case of multiple segments) that might help. Also, allowing for editing after the fact might also be useful. Easy for me to say - I'm not doing the work!

Great stuff!
Old Sep 5, 12, 2:55 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Gogie View Post
I know this complicates things, but if somehow you could add to the functionality by having the flight info displayed before clicking the "add" button and allow for manual overrides where necessary (as in the case of multiple segments) that might help. Also, allowing for editing after the fact might also be useful. Easy for me to say - I'm not doing the work!

Great stuff!
Yea maybe I'll just have a default (first airport to last airport?) and allow it to be overridden if necessary.

Editing after the fact can get trickier. Should I allow anyone to edit anything? Only things you added (this requires some kind of login)? Allow specifying a "password" with each one so only you can quickly go and change it?

For now, I can edit anything if you know you made a mistake and want it fixed
Old Sep 5, 12, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Yea maybe I'll just have a default (first airport to last airport?) and allow it to be overridden if necessary.

Editing after the fact can get trickier. Should I allow anyone to edit anything? Only things you added (this requires some kind of login)? Allow specifying a "password" with each one so only you can quickly go and change it?

For now, I can edit anything if you know you made a mistake and want it fixed
Perhaps we should leave the editing capabilities to you! BTW, really great job! ^^
Old Sep 5, 12, 4:42 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, AA*EXP, VA-Plat, Marriott*LTPP, Hyatt*Globalist That's*Enough
Database is awesome... Noticed that the search is case sensitive (i.e., results turn-up with YYZ, but not 'yyz')
Is there a way to create a script to scrape the thread and input the data into excel? (I'm sure there is, maybe will teach myself code later
Old Sep 6, 12, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by YYCOllie View Post
Database is awesome... Noticed that the search is case sensitive (i.e., results turn-up with YYZ, but not 'yyz')
Is there a way to create a script to scrape the thread and input the data into excel? (I'm sure there is, maybe will teach myself code later
Case sensitivity should be fixed now.

It's "possible", but the problem is no one used a standard format, so it would be very difficult.

Realistically, it wouldn't take THAT long to do it manually for the whole thread, but I hope that if we can just use this going forward, we'll quickly have enough data.

What I really want to know is am I better off (price wise) waiting until 2 hours before departure? I tried to buy an LMU at the gate once (hoping it would be cheaper or negotiable), and they said they couldn't sell me one. On the flight, I mentioned this to a FA once I saw there were empty seats, and she said that was strange, and I should go back to the gate to try again.
Old Sep 6, 12, 9:30 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, National Emerald Club, Avis Preferred, Aeroplan
LMUP offer of $299 for YYZ-MCO Sep 7 morning flight. T+ at 24 hour mark. Declined of course. 9 out of 14 seats are currently available.

Last edited by ChopSuey; Sep 6, 12 at 10:04 am
Old Sep 7, 12, 8:57 am

Programs: AC*E75 (*A Gold), Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Case sensitivity should be fixed now.

It's "possible", but the problem is no one used a standard format, so it would be very difficult.

Realistically, it wouldn't take THAT long to do it manually for the whole thread, but I hope that if we can just use this going forward, we'll quickly have enough data.

What I really want to know is am I better off (price wise) waiting until 2 hours before departure? I tried to buy an LMU at the gate once (hoping it would be cheaper or negotiable), and they said they couldn't sell me one. On the flight, I mentioned this to a FA once I saw there were empty seats, and she said that was strange, and I should go back to the gate to try again.
Really nice effort with the db! I'll definitely use it whenever I add data points to this thread.
Old Sep 7, 12, 3:43 pm

YUL YYC AC187, 22.5 hours before departure, Tango fare: $498 + tax. Declined. Flight is showing:

J3 C3 D3 Z3 Y1 B1 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 N0 G0 P0 E0 A0 R0
Old Sep 9, 12, 9:58 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
AC 10 - YYC -YYZ Sept 9, $448 from T+ W class fare. Accepted, stupidly, as I need the pod space today after a 4 hour, 2,000 foot elevation gain, hike yesterday. J6 C5 D5 Z5 at time of booking.

I tried to update the new database as well, but I got a error message. Will try again later.
Old Sep 9, 12, 11:21 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, AA*EXP, VA-Plat, Marriott*LTPP, Hyatt*Globalist That's*Enough
Just had a $698 from YVR-YYZ on a A321 !!!

(Ended up getting an OpUp, and flight had 1 J seat open on departure)
Old Sep 11, 12, 2:00 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Sep11 AC33 YVR-SYD LMU $1498 R0J9Y9 Declined

BTW, I am still on WL, so the myth saying if you are on WL and will not get LMU offer is busted.

Search this Thread