Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
So we can all get a handle on how they are going to work in the real world, how much they will cost, et c.

Post flight, date, route, original fare basis (T, T+, Lat, etc), and if known, seat inventory (i.e. J9, C7, Z5, I3). If you do upgrade, please also let us know how many empty J seats there were in the cabin, if any. And if you were considering a certificate upgrade, why or why you didn't opt for the LMU.

It would be helpful if this thread could be limited to "just the facts" and no discussion, which could be posted elsewhere. That should make this thread more useful for everyone.

Should anyone want to discuss LMU's further please post in this thread:

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Print Wikipost

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
At OLCI
YVR-YYZ on a 77W @ $349 (declined, but was tempted to accept because of the pods. In the end, I kept my row 18 aisle.)
YYZ-YQB on a CRJ @ $149 (declined)
Old May 25, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I've not read every page of this thread, but from what I have seen it appears that the vast majority of LMU offers are being declined. I wonder if that's true overall for all fliers?
Old May 25, 2010, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by RCyyz
I've not read every page of this thread, but from what I have seen it appears that the vast majority of LMU offers are being declined. I wonder if that's true overall for all fliers?
That would be expected. The idea of LMUs is to pick out the customers with high willingness to pay for an upgrade. Air Canada does not know who these people are in advance. It therefore pitches the upgrade to a large number of people, at a price that most will find too high but a few will pay - hopefully just enough to fill every available J seat. If not every seat is sold, then Air Canada gets to make some status pax happy through aerolotto...
Old May 25, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by RCyyz
I'm curious why this is happening. With enough $ in my pocket, I gladly fork money over to AC for upgrades ... especially like last year SFO-YYZ when I was only a lowly Basic ... no priority luggage, no priority boarding, no RCC (it was my first time in a lounge!) etc

Paying $197+tax for S-fare T+ SFO-YYZ and then paying another, what $250 for a LMU compared to paying what, over $1k for J ... it's a no-brainer. Only drawback is that I don't get the 50% COS bonus since I get upgraded to R-space, oh well :/
Old May 25, 2010, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by maradori
I'm curious why this is happening.
Because not all of us have money-growing trees in our gardens, and rows 12/18 are comfortable enough for a few hours? Right now, I don't see the point of forking out anything more than $100 for an upgrade in any flight that does not cross an ocean or the equator. I am sure that if my bank account was bigger, my views would be different.

Paying $197+tax for S-fare T+ SFO-YYZ and then paying another, what $250 for a LMU compared to paying what, over $1k for J ... it's a no-brainer.
A $250 LMU for a SFO-YYZ will only happen in your wildest dreams. Try $$349-399+tax
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
YHZ-YUL offered for $149 on award ticket at OLCI approx. 22 hours out; declined.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 5:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
YUL-ORD - paid (base fare) $300 for a tango plus flight.

The day before departure, the cheapest tango plus fare was close to $850.

I was saving my SSWUs, for much longer segments down the road.

So I paid the (base fare) for the LMU of $80 - gate to gate, the flight was close to 2.5 hrs.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 3:25 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
YOW-YYZ-BGI 13-June

At OLCI offered: YOW-YYZ $99+tax, YYZ-BGI $269+ tax. Was J5 at the time. Declined.
This morning: YOW-YYZ $99, YYZ-BGI unavailable for upgrade.
--
13F
Old Jun 13, 2010, 7:04 pm

(yul-) yyz-sna $369

18 hours before departure, original fare T+ $242+, offered u/g at $369+. Declined. 12D is ok for me. Still hoping for an op up due to YUL-LA Area craziness following today's Grand Prix F1 race. We'll see what happens....
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
YUL-YYZ $99

accepted (it was a long week!)
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: aeroplan SE/MM. farimont platium
YYC - YWG

YYC - YWG

Offered LMU for $79 - took it

Gave me a chance to work
Old Jun 14, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by rsykes
YYC - YWG

Gave me a chance to work
Priced in dollars per BIS hour, that sounds like a very reasonable price.
--
13F
Old Jun 14, 2010, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
At OLCI offered: YOW-YYZ $99+tax, YYZ-BGI $269+ tax. Was J5 at the time. Declined.
This morning: YOW-YYZ $99, YYZ-BGI unavailable for upgrade.
--
13F
I have not seen an empty J seat on any of the flights I do YYZ/BGI/YYZ.They are always gone,somehow,someway.
I have missed a few times now trying to get into J cabin.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by rsykes
YYC - YWG

Gave me a chance to work
What was your original fare?
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:35 pm

Programs: AE
Upgrade denied once underway

AC 8104 Jun 15
OLCI upgrade offered for CAD 299. Was prepared to accept but after entering CC details was told it was no longer available ????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.