Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
So we can all get a handle on how they are going to work in the real world, how much they will cost, et c.

Post flight, date, route, original fare basis (T, T+, Lat, etc), and if known, seat inventory (i.e. J9, C7, Z5, I3). If you do upgrade, please also let us know how many empty J seats there were in the cabin, if any. And if you were considering a certificate upgrade, why or why you didn't opt for the LMU.

It would be helpful if this thread could be limited to "just the facts" and no discussion, which could be posted elsewhere. That should make this thread more useful for everyone.

Should anyone want to discuss LMU's further please post in this thread:

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Print Wikipost

Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
Lol now that is just insulting. They could've offered it for $99 and 9/10 people would take it. Instead they likely made nothing cause whoever pays for that is a complete fool
Remember the old days when they first started rolling out LMU's? Those made sense. I LMU'd on every flight when I was an intern with my current employer. They were about $100/hr. That makes sense...
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
At T-24 for AC164-->AC462 the LMU price was $555 and $143, respectively. Declined.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Remember the old days when they first started rolling out LMU's? Those made sense. I LMU'd on every flight when I was an intern with my current employer. They were about $100/hr. That makes sense...
I remember getting YYC-YHZ (two segements combined) for about $199, possibly a bit less. And that was on a reward booking. I wish prices were more at that level, I would then bite.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:46 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Lol now that is just insulting. They could've offered it for $99 and 9/10 people would take it. Instead they likely made nothing cause whoever pays for that is a complete fool
Not directed at Maydayx2 specifically, but:

Do people think they just throw up big numbers, just to annoy people? People seem to assume that an airline, who basically invented the concept of supply and demand within a single product, forgot that concept.

Maybe its just me or they are actually selling some at the prices offered, or else why go through the process? I'd even be willing to bet that they have historical data to back up their offer price.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PLeblond

Do people think they just throw up big numbers, just to annoy people? People seem to assume that an airline, who basically invented the concept of supply and demand within a single product, forgot that concept.

Maybe its just me or they are actually selling some at the prices offered, or else why go through the process? I'd even be willing to bet that they have historical data to back up their offer price.
You're most likely right. We were just offering our opinions, that's all. Not that I'm a frequent UA flier at all, but from what I understand, their options to buy into the F? cabin are a lot cheaper. Am I wrong?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA, AC
$399 is a 63% discount off the fare difference between flex and J. A 63% discount is insulting? Your suggested $99 is a 91% discount. I wonder at what level the discount becomes insulting to those who have paid for a J fare.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by After Burner
$399 is a 63% discount off the fare difference between flex and J. A 63% discount is insulting? Your suggested $99 is a 91% discount. I wonder at what level the discount becomes insulting to those who have paid for a J fare.
Or at what level it becomes insulting to the poor elite waiting for his e-upgrade to clear...
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by eyeball1
Or at what level it becomes insulting to the poor elite waiting for his e-upgrade to clear...
That's an equally valid point.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:32 pm
Suspended

In reality though, as I mentioned before, (and not as a poke to AC), what eupgrades? There is a fine line between letting the 2 eupgrade requests clear for you this year, pricing LMU right, and selling the LMU. I think it's a fair statement to say that some of us this year will be buying LMU's once we run out of eupgrade credits. If they price it right, we (as elites/super elites) just might buy it.

My $0.02 anyways
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:05 pm

I'll pretend that I didn't read the 'poor' in your sentence, but its a valid point.

Anything TATL/TPAC must be at least above to the $500 copay.

And should they become too 'reasonably' priced, I believe many of the elites who are complaining on the price would start crying foul as it devalues their eUpgrades.

I guess its lose/lose regardless.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
You're most likely right. We were just offering our opinions, that's all. Not that I'm a frequent UA flier at all, but from what I understand, their options to buy into the F? cabin are a lot cheaper. Am I wrong?
Apologies. I do not want to prevent people from expressing their opinions. I just find it funny that (my interpretation from people's comment) people think there isn't a rhyme or reason to the prices.

As for UA, I would certainly hope they are cheaper. You can often buy UA J for the same price as (many) AC flex fares. Their domestic F is definitely not on the same level as AC's Domestic J so they can't command the same price.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:43 pm

As for UA, I would certainly hope they are cheaper. You can often buy UA J for the same price as (many) AC flex fares. Their domestic F is definitely not on the same level as AC's Domestic J so they can't command the same price.
Is UA really that much worse? It's been a few years since I've flown them but I seem to remember their seats being comparable. If we're comparing to AC pods then that's a different matter.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:35 pm

Is UA really that much worse? It's been a few years since I've flown them but I seem to remember their seats being comparable. If we're comparing to AC pods then that's a different matter.
Seats are OK. Big chairs. No foot rests on some, which for me is really bad. Food is a notch bellow. You play equipment lotto where some birds have IFE, some have wifi (but only over the US) some are dark. If you think AC wine is bad...ouff. Service is hit and miss. They are usually very nice, but not always proficient. No recline on 737-900 seats 5A/C....

Its better than AC Y, of course, but as a 'premium cabin' (I can't get myself to refer to it as F...) its nothing to write home about.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I wonder at what level the discount becomes insulting to those who have paid for a J fare.
Cheapening the product: explained.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...

I imagine if the LMUs are too cheap, some people who would normally pay for J will try to save money by buying a Y ticket + LMU instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.