Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last minute upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Last minute upgrades

I see from the AC site that within 24 hrs of the flight, one can upgrade to J from Tango Plus or Latitude. Has anybody done this and any idea how much is the price--eg YYC-YYZ
Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by ac777
I see from the AC site that within 24 hrs of the flight, one can upgrade to J from Tango Plus or Latitude. Has anybody done this and any idea how much is the price--eg YYC-YYZ
This was just recently introduced (like extremely recently) so I doubt anyone has tried it yet.... I am however surprised no thread was started before this one....

Link here: http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...stminutes.html
Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
there goes the neighborhood!

Might bring in some more cash for AC but might tick off elites wanting to use certs. Depends how they manage I inventory in week prior . . .
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
there goes the neighborhood!

Might bring in some more cash for AC but might tick off elites wanting to use certs. Depends how they manage I inventory in week prior . . .
This could be really good or really bad. depends on how they work it.

Any E & SE on a wait list SHOULD be offered the upgrade before this evens take effect.However seen as most if the time I'm waiting around the desk for the cut off I see this as being a bad thing for me as an E unless we find out the procedure.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:24 am

probably wont work for flight pass users either.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Yes but I guess OP Up's are now out of the question??
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:38 am

AC should have sent out an email to all status memebers to explain how this would effcet them.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:41 am

I wonder if this is based on unsold available seats in the business cabin, or specific fare bucket, i.e., J, C, Z or I for the last minute purchased upgrade?

For SWU/NAU/SSWU upgrade, it's based on I availability.

What about this new feature?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: AC*E, AY, AMEXPlat, CIBCInfinite
Originally Posted by getaround
This could be really good or really bad. depends on how they work it.

Any E & SE on a wait list SHOULD be offered the upgrade before this evens take effect.However seen as most if the time I'm waiting around the desk for the cut off I see this as being a bad thing for me as an E unless we find out the procedure.
Not sure what to make of this one...could work for you or against you if you thought you might get on with a SSWU.
Really no way of knowing until an hour before dept.
Will be interesting to see what the fares are like and conditions for this service.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:43 am

Uh-Oh!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by bibu
Not sure what to make of this one...could work for you or against you if you thought you might get on with a SSWU.
Really no way of knowing until an hour before dept.
Will be interesting to see what the fares are like and conditions for this service.
If the purchase upgrade is based on J bucket, the traveller purchasing the upgrade at check in will get the seat before any SE/E/P on I upgrade waitlist assuming J > I usually.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I agree that it would make sense that J>I. This could be bad for all of us using SWU and SSWU on a regular basis.

However, I have been on a few United flights lately where this option was offered (for example, Upgrade to Economy Plus for $29 or Upgrade to First for $149). These were on US doestic flights where the UA J cabin was bigger than 2 rows. The J cabin did not completely fill up on these flights where this was offered.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:52 am

The last minute purchase upgrade will be based on I availability, in order not to bypass any P/E/SE trying to upgrade.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by bestof2k9
The last minute purchase upgrade will be based on I availability, in order not to bypass any P/E/SE trying to upgrade.
Thanks 2K9!!^
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I don't think I'm so thrilled about this. My company will definitely not be paying for these upgrades, so they'll have to come out of my pocket. It also reduces the chances for an op up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.