Search

AC Elite loyalty extension

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

AC Elite loyalty extension

I recieved this email tonight:

Dear XXXXXXX:

On behalf of Air Canada, I would like to thank you for being one of our most valued customers. In recognition of your outstanding loyalty, we are offering you an exclusive and complimentary upgrade to 2009 Air Canada Elite® status.

Enjoy Air Canada 2009 Elite Privileges

Your 2009 Air Canada Elite status will entitle you to a host of privileges until February 28, 2010. These will include complimentary access to Maple Leaf lounges, priority services and much more. You'll also enjoy 2009 Select Privileges, which are added benefits you choose to suit your personal preferences.

Choose your Select Privileges online by May 30, 2009

You can choose your Select Privileges on the "Air Canada Top Tier" section of aeroplan.com using your Aeroplan® Number and password*. Choose your Select Privileges package online by May 30, 2009, or you will automatically be awarded Select Privileges† by default. Learn more about our 2009 program with the exclusive offers it entails, and about how you can qualify for 2010 Air Canada Top Tier Status.

I hope you will have many opportunities to enjoy your new 2009 Elite Privileges when travelling with Air Canada and our Star Alliance partners.

Anyone else recieved such email?
Old May 1, 2009, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was a mention of this iniative in this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...g-31-july.html
Old May 2, 2009, 7:46 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I think that this is an upgrade, with no "work" involved. The 20/20 challenge requires action by someone to achieve new status levels at reduced qualification criteria.
Old May 2, 2009, 7:50 am

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by IsleTraveller
I think that this is an upgrade, with no "work" involved. The 20/20 challenge requires action by someone to achieve new status levels at reduced qualification criteria.
Or had the OP already reached the target set out in that other offer, so goes straight to E? Can the OP clarify?
Old May 2, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Yesterday I recieved an email from Ben Smith that AC was upgrading me to Super Elite Status because of...'outstanding loyalty'.

I am currently at 60K in Q miles. Would not have missed SE this year but nice that the company bumped me up earlier than expected as my travel levels with them will continue.

Last edited by negotiator; May 2, 2009 at 6:20 pm
Old May 2, 2009, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by negotiator
Yesterday I recieved an email from Ben Smith that AC was upgrading me to Super Elite Status because...'outstanding loyalty'.
Were you already SE based on last year's flying or was this just an op/up?

Sure is a topsy-turvy world at AC where "outstanding loyalty" is reserved for those who fly less

I'm happy enough that they are reaching out to attract more custom, but it would be nice if they also recognized those who had actually spent the time accruing miles last year.
Old May 2, 2009, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

i did not fly at all last year, but did fly 19+K this year from YYZ-SIN-YYZ via NRT/YVR.
Old May 2, 2009, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
i did not fly at all last year, but did fly 19+K this year from YYZ-SIN-YYZ via NRT/YVR.
And I flew 87K thus far this year and got SFA! So much for being a "valued customer"!
Old May 2, 2009, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Academic
Were you already SE based on last year's flying or was this just an op/up?

Sure is a topsy-turvy world at AC where "outstanding loyalty" is reserved for those who fly less

I'm happy enough that they are reaching out to attract more custom, but it would be nice if they also recognized those who had actually spent the time accruing miles last year.
It was an op/up from Elite status.

I think that they have looked at my flight activity this year compared to last and, in addition, the fact that all my fares are Latitude likely had a lot to do with it.
Old May 2, 2009, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
And I flew 87K thus far this year and got SFA! So much for being a "valued customer"!
Thats so hard to believe!

How is it possible that I'm Elite and travel 60k in Q's and you're Elite and travel 87K in Q's and get no offer to SE?

That notwithstanding, my fares are all Latitude this year!

This may have something to do with it!!!
Old May 2, 2009, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Oh, one other thing. The op/up is for 'Loyality' according to Ben's memo/notification so maybe you're not 'loyal' to AC flying all those United flights?

LOL
Old May 2, 2009, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...so maybe you're not 'loyal' to AC flying all those United flights?
Interesting idea,I like it
Old May 3, 2009, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Oh, one other thing. The op/up is for 'Loyality' according to Ben's memo/notification so maybe you're not 'loyal' to AC flying all those United flights?

LOL
All AC flights save for two regional UA codeshares in California. I put my UA flights into my UA MP account.
Old May 3, 2009, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Come on AC was not loyal to us this year with the 30% increase in IKK. It looks good on them. People are just not worried about SE status anymore its really not that big a deal.
Old May 3, 2009, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
How is it possible that I'm Elite and travel 60k in Q's and you're Elite and travel 87K in Q's and get no offer to SE?
Because Negotiator was SE last year and you were E.

At 87K, We look forward to you joining us soon (the old fashioned way).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.