FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   How to redeem an Air Canada travel voucher (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/915447-how-redeem-air-canada-travel-voucher.html)

Kamoose Jan 28, 2009 10:24 am

How to redeem an Air Canada travel voucher

My wife and I tried to book return flights Kamloops/Vancouver and apply a pair of Air Canada travel vouchers against the cost. Local Air Canada desk agents were totally confused by the AC vouchers and basically told us to take care of the problem ourselves online.....and call AC central reservations. After finally getting through (50 minute wait), we were informed that the local agents "should have" been able to book our discounted flights in person. Our alternative? Contact Air Canada customer relations and enter the 21 business day waiting pool for a reply. A Trip Advisor forum post reply suggested I contact this website and pose the question HOW DO WE REDEEM THESE VOUCHERS? in an attempt to speed up the process. Any ideas out there?

RCyyz Jan 28, 2009 10:52 am

I've never heard of an AC travel voucher except for maybe a flight pass. Where / how did you get your voucher? Knowing the source may help in determining how they can be used.

pmax Jan 28, 2009 10:56 am

Sounds like an MCO. Basically you buy, fly, then send in the itinerary and MCO to the credit department and they refund you the money.

mugatu Jan 28, 2009 11:09 am

These are the instructions on the MCO that I received - I think the same would apply to yours:

Dear Mr. Mugatu

We are pleased to provide you with an electronic travel credit in the amount of $0.45. This transferable credit may be used toward the purchase of future travel on Air Canada and/or Air Canada Jazz and is valid for one year from today. This means that it must be applied to a new ticket purchased within that time frame, however, travel does not have to commence within the year. Your credit number is: 0140XXXXXXXXX .

If booking through our Call Centre, simply provide the number shown above to the agent at the time of booking.

If booking on our website or through a travel agent, please wait until travel has been completed, however, no longer than 90 days, and then email the new ticket number along with the electronic travel credit number shown above, to [email protected]. They will refund the value of the credit back to the credit card used to purchase the new ticket. If the new ticket is of lesser value than the credit, no residual amount will be issued. If you wish to transfer the credit to another person, please include a note in your correspondence authorizing the transfer.

You may also fax or mail the travel credit number and new ticket number to our Refunds Department.

PointWeasel Jan 28, 2009 11:30 am

Sorry to hear that the Jazz agents at YKA were less than helpful. It should be a fairly simple transaction for them and if they had any questions, they have a help desk to contact as well. :rolleyes: I did this at YYC a couple of months ago to use up a couple of MCOs and the agent was great. ^

The suggestion already made is likely your best best. Book the ticket online at aircanada.com and then mail a copy of your e-ticket as well as the MCOs to AC Refunds in Winnipeg and your credit will usually appear on your account within 2 - 3 weeks.

Don't involve the call centre or customer solutions in the issue as it will be a futile effort. Just my advice.

margarita girl Jan 28, 2009 11:58 am

See the FAQ sticky How to use an MCO.

And welcome to FT!