Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Selection in AC 777-300 metal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 5:19 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by yvrcritic
it seems nobody is familiar yet with the sliding wall between the D and G seats in center aisle. there is a plastic wall that you can slide down to talk to the person in the seat beside you. you will be facing each other. i've rarely seen it used so i'm assuming not many people know about it.
Yes, you can lower it but the necks of both of you still have to be torqued in un-anatomical position in order for you to see each other
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by YEG Guy
There is little risk of having a baby behing you on row 11, there are no bassinet position at these seats, the bassinet is at row 31 and 50 something. Row 18 is considered in the Elite section on the 773/772. That said, the 763 does have a bassinet postion on row 12 for the window/aisle combinations.
I'm booked for an upcoming flight from YYZ to PEK and currently in seat 19H, has anyone sat in bulkhead 18 A or B? I wanted to know if there is enough legroom at the bulkhead thats sufficient enough to stretch out, I'm 5'11", I just feel like sitting in 19H with no seat in front of me may feel awkward so need opinions if I will be able to stretch out in bulkhead seat 18B? Any thoughts please??
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by mrosskam
I'm booked for an upcoming flight from YYZ to PEK and currently in seat 19H, has anyone sat in bulkhead 18 A or B? I wanted to know if there is enough legroom at the bulkhead thats sufficient enough to stretch out, I'm 5'11", I just feel like sitting in 19H with no seat in front of me may feel awkward so need opinions if I will be able to stretch out in bulkhead seat 18B? Any thoughts please??
Yes you should be able to stretch out. Note that the bulkheads further back in the aircraft have even more room since they are by a door.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev
Yes you should be able to stretch out. Note that the bulkheads further back in the aircraft have even more room since they are by a door.
Okay thank you, I'd like to sit in either 18AB or 19H because its at the front of the cabin, have you experienced sitting at either side plane bulkhead 18AB OR 18JK on a long international route? I just dont want to switch to the bulkhead seat to find out on the flight that I have restricted room to stretch my feet out and have to sit there for 12 hours just having extra knee space but no leg space.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Okay thank you, I'd like to sit in either 18AB or 19H because its at the front of the cabin, have you experienced sitting at either side plane bulkhead 18AB OR 18JK on a long international route? I just dont want to switch to the bulkhead seat to find out on the flight that I have restricted room to stretch my feet out and have to sit there for 12 hours just having extra knee space but no leg space.
Depending on how long your legs are you'll be able to either completely or almost completely stretch them out. I'm 6' and am comfortable in 18 - although I'll often book 19C/H.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
I found 19H quite comfortable for YVR-SYD (same layout, even though it is a 77L)

I brought a big carry-on and used it to prop up my feet. Was quite a comfortable economy experience. Because it is so forward, the only people walking by are FAs, and they are usually only walking by during the service. You will be awake anyway during the service.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: E50 MM
18A/B or 18 J/K.^ Trust me, jump at any of those if you can get them.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev
Depending on how long your legs are you'll be able to either completely or almost completely stretch them out. I'm 6' and am comfortable in 18 - although I'll often book 19C/H.
I'm 5'11", so I should have no problem stretching my legs out at bulkhead 18A/B or 18J/K then right?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur
I found 19H quite comfortable for YVR-SYD (same layout, even though it is a 77L)

I brought a big carry-on and used it to prop up my feet. Was quite a comfortable economy experience. Because it is so forward, the only people walking by are FAs, and they are usually only walking by during the service. You will be awake anyway during the service.
I plan to have a big carry-on suitcase with me. Although if there is no seat in front of you wouldn't the flight attendants not allow you to place it on the floor as it could be a hazard. I thought about placing my carry-on on the floor but then thought i wouldn't be allowed to because it would be a hazard and the FA's wouldn't allow it. Am I wrong?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: E50 MM
I plan to have a big carry-on suitcase with me. Although if there is no seat in front of you wouldn't the flight attendants not allow you to place it on the floor as it could be a hazard. I thought about placing my carry-on on the floor but then thought i wouldn't be allowed to because it would be a hazard and the FA's wouldn't allow it. Am I wrong?
The overhead bins will handle it. 18A/B/J/K will offer ample leg room for your 5' 11" frame, same as mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.