Wiki Posts
Search

AC Lounge in FLL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2008, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, UA, Delta, TG, WestJet
AC Lounge in FLL

Does anyone know if Air Canada PAX (in J) can use a Lounge Fort Lauderdale?

This thread has been superseded my a master thread with a directory of all AC contract lounges. Please visit that thread for information on LYS lounge access. Adam Smith, AC Forum Moderator

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 9, 2023 at 5:30 pm Reason: Add moderator note
Old Nov 15, 2008, 10:24 am

Programs: AC E, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
no lounge for AC in FLL, Miami uses club american

PJB
Old Nov 15, 2008, 2:25 pm
ALW

I think there are no lounges at all in FLL? (not just Star, not any)

=aw
Old Nov 15, 2008, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold - Hyatt Plat - Nexus
Continental has one in their new terminal.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, UA, Delta, TG, WestJet
The Continental lounge in Fll is something like the "President Club" .... but no access for any "domestic" passenger, even in J (or First as they call it at Continental). You must be on an international flight to have access to this President Club.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 6:46 pm
ALW

Thanks, do you mean no access because there's no physical access, or because you have to pay? It's open 530am-830pm every day which sounds like domestic flyers have access if they're members or willing to pay.

FLL website http://www.broward.org/airport/parki..._locations.htm shows CO in Terminal 1 and AC in Terminal 2, so I guess not much use for AC flyers.

DL appears to share Terminal 2 with AC, the lounge is "Next to the Gate Information Center", would that be airside or landside? DL lounge access is $30 for the day (comparable to AC's PAYG pricing). I'm surprised AC doesn't offer free CRC access to its elites when flying AC, don't they do that in some other airports?

=aw

Last edited by ALW; Nov 15, 2008 at 7:19 pm
Old Nov 16, 2008, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Dyno
The Continental lounge in Fll is something like the "President Club" .... but no access for any "domestic" passenger, even in J (or First as they call it at Continental). You must be on an international flight to have access to this President Club.
???????
Not sure what this post means? There are many ways to gain access to this PC @ FLL assuming you're flying a ST partner. It's a nice lounge. Typical Prez Club - snacks, fruit, tended bar etc . . .
Old Nov 16, 2008, 5:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by ALW
I'm surprised AC doesn't offer free CRC access to its elites when flying AC, don't they do that in some other airports?
=aw
As a non-Star partner, an agreement would have to be negotiated with DL, the main tenant of Terminal 2 at FLL. I would wager that part of the issue is AC's volume of customers/flights during peak season. With up to 8 flights per day (YUL/YYZ/YOW), not sure if DL & the Crown Room could accommodate that surge of customers. It would also be very expensive for AC who presumably, if a deal was negotiated, would have to pay a "head" charge. "Free CRC access" would come with a hefty price tag attached.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 5:51 am

Programs: AC 35k
Both the Continental and Delta lounges are accessible with Priority Pass. Since you can access them regardless of your airline, your best bet would be to use the Delta lounge since I am assuming it's behind security.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 6:42 am

Programs: AC SE
I don't see a lounge any time soon for AC FLL passengers. Bottom line it would be too expensive. And besides, anyone flying to FLL is already happy they don't have to fly via MIA
Old Nov 16, 2008, 8:39 am
ALW

Further research suggests the DL lounge is behind security in T2 (and CO is behind security in T1).

Aren't there other airport(s) where AC elites are directed to the CRC?

=aw
Old Nov 16, 2008, 8:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
IIRC, once upon a time AC had a lounge arrangement at SFO with DL & CO. I can't think of any current location in the US whereby AC customers would have access to the CRC.

Within the confines of the operating terminal, AC customers would have the most access to UA's Red Carpet Clubs, followed by the US Airways Club. Some notable exceptions would be LAX (AC Maple Leaf Lounge), MIA (Club America) & DFW (Lufthansa Contract Lounge).

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; Nov 16, 2008 at 9:10 am
Old Nov 16, 2008, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
FLL is primarily a tourist and leisure airport so it makes little sense for AC to have any lounge access negotiated for customers who are overwhelmingly flying the cheapest fare possible. And with next to no business customers why bother?
Old Nov 16, 2008, 9:09 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
In ATL, I have used the Lufthansa lounge but only if I was taking an afternoon flight in another terminal (E) since it is only open for the flight to Frankfurt.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 9:13 am

As pointed out, you can take out a $30.00 pass at Delta's Crown Room, for a couple of sodas and some pretzels. Being a mainly origin and destination airport, not likely you'll be spending hours there. Haven't been to T-2, and unaware of whether there are any restaurants/dining facilities where the money could be better spent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.