Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Lounge in FLL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by ALW
The FLL airport site shows AC in T2 with DL and CO in T1. I guess the only lounge access for a J-flying AC passenger is still a Day Pass from DL (or an Amex Plat card)? The DL access has gone up to $50 now.

Thanks!

=aw
Not really as Plat amex entry to DL CRC requires you to be flying DL metal.
AFAIK, An SE in J on AC metal will not have lounge access in FLL until AC moves to T1 and can use the CO PC.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:29 pm
ALW

I'm not seeing DL lounge access while flying AC as an Amex benefit, perhaps I'm missing something? These are the two footnotes related to lounge access at

4. Holders of eligible American Express Cards (“Eligible Cardmembers”) may access participating Canadian and International airport lounges (“Participating Lounges”) on a complimentary basis. Participating Lounges may change from time to time. For a complete listing visit americanexpress.ca/platinum. To access a Participating Lounge, Eligible Cardmember must show a valid, unexpired eligible American Express Card, airline ticket for travel on the same day and government issued photo identification in the name of the Eligible Cardmember. Each guest of an Eligible Cardmember to a Participating Lounge is subject to a preferred guest fee per visit (which may change without notice). Preferred Guest fee must be charged to an American Express Card. International Plaza Premium Lounges, maximum of 2 hour stay. Québec City's Jean Lesage International Airport VIP Lounge, guests of eligible Cardmembers limited to spouse and children under the age of 18 OR maximum of 2. House rules, terms and conditions of Participating Lounges apply. Use of Participating Lounges is subject to availability. Unless otherwise stated, Participating Lounge access cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or benefit and is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
6. Platinum Card® member must be travelling. Name on ticket must match name on the Platinum Card. Special industry reduced revenue tickets are not eligible with Delta and American Airlines. The Platinum Card® member must be 18 years of age to access American Airlines Admirals Club® Lounges and 21 years of age to access other airport club lounges without a parent or guardian. The Platinum Card® member's spouse and children under the age of 21 or up to two companions may enter the airport club lounges as complimentary guests. Code-share and affiliated lounge agreements do not apply. The Platinum Card® member must present his or her valid Platinum Card, government-issued I.D., and qualified airline ticket to airport club lounge agents. Complimentary access is specifically for the airport club lounge that corresponds to the airline operating the flight (access pertains to the aircraft, not the flight number) except with respect to American Airlines marketed code share flights with an American Airlines flight number which are also eligible for complimentary access to the lounge. Note that amenities may vary among airport club lounge locations. Meeting rooms may be reserved for a nominal fee. Platinum Card“ members and guests must adhere to all house rules of participating airport club lounges.
and on the page of Platinum Benefits, for CRC (DL) it lists this:

Simply present your Platinum Card, a ticket valid for travel that day on Delta Airlines and valid government-issued photo identification. Enjoy access for yourself, your spouse, children under 21, or two travelling companions.
Do they actually give CRC access to Amex Platinum cardholders flying AC?

=aw
Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:34 pm
ALW

CloudsBelow answered my question before I asked it. Was there a time it (Amex Plat lounge benefit) worked on _any_ metal and got cut back?

Thanks!
=aw
Old Nov 6, 2022, 12:10 am

Flying mid November. Is situation still same in 2022: AC flies from Terminal 2, no lounge access other than paying for Delta?

Non official FLL website indicates AC flies terminal 2. Picked FLL because AC flies flights with pods there and not to MIA, odd to have no lounge
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:53 am

I recall I went to United Club at the other terminal at FLL on an AC flight to YOW. It’s not too bad to walk to the united terminal and clear Security if you have TSA Pre.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 7:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Firefly42
Flying mid November. Is situation still same in 2022: AC flies from Terminal 2, no lounge access other than paying for Delta?

Non official FLL website indicates AC flies terminal 2. Picked FLL because AC flies flights with pods there and not to MIA, odd to have no lounge
You’ll need to be flying Delta in order to enter the lounge even with a paid pass.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
what about UA ?

UA has a club lounge in Terminal 1. Deatils follow...........
United Club
Location Hours Amenities Terminal 1, next to the escalators near Gate C1
  • 5:15 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. daily
  • Full-service bar
  • Light snacks
  • Wi-Fi
Old Nov 6, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by khkchan
I recall I went to United Club at the other terminal at FLL on an AC flight to YOW. It’s not too bad to walk to the united terminal and clear Security if you have TSA Pre.
Sadly don’t, but good to know. Only way for a Canadian to get that is Nexus, correct? Which is currently backlogged

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.