Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

"Somewhat scary one near Winnipeg" - The AC Master Incidents Thread

"Somewhat scary one near Winnipeg" - The AC Master Incidents Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Originally Posted by Stranger
At approximately 1725Z, a coyote was observed on Runway08R at YVR on February 5.

Not sure if taking off or landing though.
I saw Wiley. He was clearly gaining speed so I would assume take off.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Haven't seen one of these in years. Didn't know PWC had one. Probably would mistake it for a 707?

A Pratt & Whitney Canada Boeing 720B aircraft, registered C-FETB, operated as a flying test bed, was approximately 3.5 hours into the flight test profile and climbing out from FL380 to FL410 at climb thrust when #1 engine (P&W JT3D-1, S/N 632946) exhibited vibration and loss of thrust. The crew performed the severe damage checklist as per the QRH and requested ATC clearance to FL290 and returned to St-Hubert, QC airport (CYHU). No emergency was declared. The aircraft landed without further incident. The inspection of the engine showed significant damage to the aft turbine blades.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://avherald.com/h?article=414c6ef1&opt=0

An Air Canada Embraer ERJ-190, registration C-FGLW performing flight AC-122 from Calgary,AB to Toronto,ON (Canada), was on appproach to Toronto, when the crew declared emergency reporting a hydraulics failure also taking the nose wheel steering out. Emergency services were called out for the landing on runway 33R, which went without further incident 10 minutes later.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 8:15 am

deleted

Last edited by tcook052; Feb 11, 2009 at 8:16 am Reason: dupe
Old Feb 20, 2009, 1:40 pm

http://avherald.com/h?article=4155763a

An Air Canada Jazz Canadair CRJ-200, registration C-GJZD performing flight QK-8344 from Regina,SK to Winnipeg,MB (Canada) with 38 people on board, was on approach to Winnipeg, when the crew received an unsafe gear indication after lowering the gear. The crew decided to go around. The crew lowered the gear using the emergency gear extension and received three greens (gear down and locked). Emergency Services went on standby for the landing, which went without any further incident about 15 minutes later.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
AC901 FLL-YYZ on Feb 15th.

We had pulled onto the runway for takeoff, engines started but not at full thrust.

We end up making a sharp left turn off the runway with an inbound landing about 20 seconds later.

Got back in line and off we went..
Old Feb 23, 2009, 6:52 pm

http://avherald.com/h?article=41581ffc

The crew of an Air Canada Embraer ERJ-190, registration C-FHKI performing flight AC-234 from Vancouver,BC to Edmonton,AB (Canada) with 99 people on board, reported flaps problems shortly after takeoff about 6nm out and requested to return to Vancouver, however needed to hold to burn off fuel. 9 minutes later the crew declared emergency, and continued for a safe landing another 20 minutes later.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:42 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite , Hilton Honors
Unhappy

I was on AC094 (YYZ-EZE B763) on Sunday but it was already Mon Feb 23 when we took off shortly after midnight. I was dozing and woke up to a very load BANG from the engine on my side. The guy beside me said "a big ball of yellow light" came out of the engine. The Captain came on a few minutes later to report that there seemed to be no problems-everything was working fine and instruments reported no faults. About 15-20 minutes later, as soon as we reached altitude and the seat belt light went off, the Captain was back to say that he had decided to turn around and go back to Toronto. We went straight back and right down and landed very heavy with a full load of pax and fuel. I'm curious, after the heavy landing, if they would need to service that landing gear. Everybody off. Crew left (they had done their shift) and GAs scrambling to get people who had connected into YYZ into hotels. Locals got limos home. They re-sched to 09:00 Mon AM but I had to abort my trip because the landing time at EZE would have been 1.5 hours after my connecting flight left.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:06 pm

http://avherald.com/h?article=4159ccf5

The crew of an Air Canada Boeing 767-300, registration C-GBZR performing flight AC-105 from Toronto,ON to Vancouver,BC (Canada), reported a wheel well fire indication about 6nm from touchdown on runway 08L. The aircraft was met by emergency services after a safe landing, the aircraft was checked and taxied to the gate 8 minutes after landing. The runway was re-opened 10 minutes after landing.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 1:37 pm

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9010912.html

Thirty-two passengers and crew members onboard an Air Canada Jazz flight headed from Toronto to Fredericton may have been shaken up when they made an unexpected landing in Halifax due to a landing gear problem late Friday morning.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 9:49 am

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local.../?hub=CP24Home

A laser beam was aimed into the cockpit of an Air Canada passenger jet several times on Wednesday, leaving police on a challenging search for the culprit.

The flight's pilots reported the laser flashes while they were arriving at Pearson International Airport this morning.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

An Air Canada Airbus A330-300, registration C-GHKX performing flight AC-856 from Toronto,ON (Canada) to London Heathrow,EN (UK) with 216 people on board, was climbing out of Toronto, when the inflight entertainment monitor at seat 29G began to smoke. The power to the inflight entertainment system was turned off and the smoke stopped. The flight continued to London without further incident.

The Canadian Transportation Safety Board reported, that the monitor was replaced after landing.

Source: The Aviation Herald.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by airbus320
An Air Canada Airbus A330-300, registration C-GHKX performing flight AC-856 from Toronto,ON (Canada) to London Heathrow,EN (UK) with 216 people on board, was climbing out of Toronto, when the inflight entertainment monitor at seat 29G began to smoke. The power to the inflight entertainment system was turned off and the smoke stopped. The flight continued to London without further incident.

The Canadian Transportation Safety Board reported, that the monitor was replaced after landing.

Source: The Aviation Herald.
Oh great here we go.

BTW the pax was given a free drink for the U/S IFE lol.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airbus320
An Air Canada Airbus A330-300 was climbing out of Toronto, when the inflight entertainment monitor at seat 29G began to smoke.
Isn't that precisely what YYZ does to them? What was the monitor high on?
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Stranger
Isn't that precisely what YYZ does to them? What was the monitor high on?
they had a drug dog check the monitor upon landing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.