Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

"Somewhat scary one near Winnipeg" - The AC Master Incidents Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Somewhat scary one near Winnipeg" - The AC Master Incidents Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by tcook052
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/1250930.html

More than 200 passengers were ordered off an Air Canada flight in Halifax on Tuesday after a traveller reported overhearing two men talk about an explosive.

RCMP spokesman Cpl. Scott MacRae said the flight, headed for London, England, was delayed about two hours while officers and an RCMP dog trained to detect explosives searched Flight 860.

No explosives were found.
People are so stupid when it comes this, even talking about such things will delay the flight!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by hearna
People are so stupid when it comes this, even talking about such things will delay the flight!
I recall hearing the news on 680, they were saying it is a misunderstanding as the two were not speaking in English.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: AC E (depressed former SE), Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
I recall hearing the news on 680, they were saying it is a misunderstanding as the two were not speaking in English.
Or they may have been, but been talking about something else entirely. I do some work in electronics manufacturing, and am frequently on calls discussing this BOM or that BOM (Bill of Materials) - a common term in manufacturing. It's not uncommon for me to use the phrases "I need to work on the BOM", "The BOM will be ready soon", or "I've got the BOM on me" - I just have to be cognizant of my surroundings
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by LiquidJ
Or they may have been, but been talking about something else entirely. I do some work in electronics manufacturing, and am frequently on calls discussing this BOM or that BOM (Bill of Materials) - a common term in manufacturing. It's not uncommon for me to use the phrases "I need to work on the BOM", "The BOM will be ready soon", or "I've got the BOM on me" - I just have to be cognizant of my surroundings
Oh we've all been there wehther it was technical terms or jargon or the inadvertant use of suspect words like "bomb" when debating important topics while in a security line such as Kevin Costner's last film.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 5:07 pm

http://avherald.com/h?article=43ef03a2&opt=0

An Air Canada Jazz de Havilland Dash 8-100, registration C-GJMO performing flight QK-8758 from Rouyn,QC to Montreal,QC (Canada) with 28 people on board, was enroute at 13,000 feet about 70nm westnorthwest of Montreal around 19:06L (23:06Z) when the aircraft encountered severe turbulence causing altitude deviations of up to 500 feet. The aircraft was able to continue to Montreal for a safe landing about 30 minutes later.

The Canadian TSB reported that the crew had difficulty to control the aircraft for 2 minutes causing altitude deviations of up to 500 feet. A line of thunderstorms was present in the area. The aircraft is currently being examined for possible damage.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by LiquidJ
Another example "I bombed my exam last week"
Old Jun 30, 2011, 5:41 pm

http://avherald.com/h?article=43efd536

An Air Canada Boeing 767-300, registration C-GHLV performing flight AC-26 from Shanghai (China) to Vancouver,BC (Canada) with 193 people on board, was enroute about 4 hours into the flight when the crew received a "C HYD QTY" EICAS message. The crew continued the flight to Vancouver but declared emergency on approach to Vancouver. The aircraft landed safely.

The Canadian TSB reported that maintenance found a leak at the C2 pump pressure line, the seal at the pump union was replaced.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:13 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...emergency.html

Passengers aboard an Air Canada flight spent some anxious minutes circling in the air on Friday before landing safely in Regina.

The plane's pilots told passengers there was a problem with the aircraft's [Embraer-190] flaps, and that they would have to land at a slightly higher speed than normal.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 6:34 pm

Incident: Air Canada A333 over Pacific on Jul 1st 2011, electrical problems

An Air Canada Airbus A330-300, registration C-GFAF performing flight AC-4 from Tokyo Narita (Japan) to Vancouver,BC (Canada) with 274 people on board, was enroute at FL300 about 220nm northeast of Tokyo when the crew decided to return to Tokyo due to electrical problems. The aircraft landed safely at Tokyo's Narita Airport about 2 hours after departure.

Japan's Ministry of Transport reported that the aircraft had departed with 2 working generators and returned with one working generator remaining. The oil of an engine's (Trent 772) integrated drive generator had overheated.

Source: The Aviation Herald (http://avherald.com/h?article=43f09ad7&opt=0)
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/1250930.html

More than 200 passengers were ordered off an Air Canada flight in Halifax on Tuesday after a traveller reported overhearing two men talk about an explosive.

RCMP spokesman Cpl. Scott MacRae said the flight, headed for London, England, was delayed about two hours while officers and an RCMP dog trained to detect explosives searched Flight 860.

No explosives were found.
Interesting. Can Americans sing the national anthem at the airports and on board? There is something about bombs bursting in air...
Old Jul 2, 2011, 2:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by hearna
And there is also a lot of stupid over-reaction!
Old Jul 2, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by LondonElite
And there is also a lot of stupid over-reaction!
That's an apt description of most airport security measures, particularly those brought in over the last decade.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Originally Posted by Souvlaki
That's an apt description of most airport security measures, particularly those brought in over the last decade.
Indeed.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC SE, WJ Gold
Anyone have any info on AC830 July 5? Looks like it diverted over Newfoundland back to YUL on route to Geneva.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by jmcintosh
Anyone have any info on AC830 July 5? Looks like it diverted over Newfoundland back to YUL on route to Geneva.
ACA830, Boeing 767-300, enroute from Montreal (CYUL) to Geneva (LSGG), requested clearance back to Montreal due to a problem with a passenger. No emergency was declared and there was no impact on the operations.

Turn back occurred at 0235 Z.

Source: CADORS #2011A0571

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.