Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R.I.P. Sunpass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2008, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
R.I.P. Sunpass

August 2008 has been the final month to use up all the old Eastern and Western Sunpasses, which stopped being offered for sale one year ago. For those who took advantage of them, these products were one of the best deals in the AC pass portfolio. Instant upgrade at time of booking due to latitude U class, <$300 per direction all in, and some pretty good mileage accumulation routes. I especially liked the YYZ to LAS via YVR route for 3k status miles (6k total Aeroplan points with SE bonus) per direction sitting in the front of the cabin. It was also a good way for me to burn through my SWU stack.

I picked up two of these passes just before they stopped being offered for sale, and I used up my final credit last week. The replacement Sunpass product is not nearly as appealing due to higher cost, although it is certainly more flexible for people who need to travel throughout the Carribean.

R.I.P. Sunpass - I'll certainly miss you.

SG

Last edited by Snow Goose; Aug 23, 2008 at 5:23 pm
Old Aug 24, 2008, 4:15 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
August 2008 has been the final month to use up all the old Eastern and Western Sunpasses, which stopped being offered for sale one year ago. For those who took advantage of them, these products were one of the best deals in the AC pass portfolio. Instant upgrade at time of booking due to latitude U class, <$300 per direction all in, and some pretty good mileage accumulation routes. I especially liked the YYZ to LAS via YVR route for 3k status miles (6k total Aeroplan points with SE bonus) per direction sitting in the front of the cabin. It was also a good way for me to burn through my SWU stack.

I picked up two of these passes just before they stopped being offered for sale, and I used up my final credit last week. The replacement Sunpass product is not nearly as appealing due to higher cost, although it is certainly more flexible for people who need to travel throughout the Carribean.

R.I.P. Sunpass - I'll certainly miss you.

SG
Agree completely with your sentiments, they were an amazing deal. I've bought one of these per year since their introduction and have spent a lot of time in Arizona and Nevada traveling in comfort.

With the cheap fares on these routes, I'm definitely not in the market for the replacement product.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 9:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I use my Sun Pass for Vegas, with West Jet 50% off sales and AC matching they have not been that great a deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.