Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

UA and AC codeshare in YEG grows again!

UA and AC codeshare in YEG grows again!

Old Jun 5, 08, 6:50 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 9,536
Thumbs up UA and AC codeshare in YEG grows again!

Fall schedules include an additional flight to SFO LATE in the day, a very welcome addition!! This makes a total of 10 daily flights. The 3rd daily to ORD seems to have stuck around. I suppose these may change with system-wide reductions.

To SFO

7:00am 9:02am 3h02m UA6487 CR7 Info
1:18pm 3:33pm 3h15m UA6115 CR7 Info
6:40pm 9:00pm 3h20m UA6367 CR7 Info

From SFO

8:50am 12:44pm 2h54m UA6115 CR7 Info
1:35pm 5:34pm 2h59m UA6366 CR7 Info
7:05pm 11:01pm 2h56m UA6502 CR7 Info

To ORD

7:05am 11:26am 3h21m UA7614 E70 Info
12:45pm 5:05pm 3h20m UA7618 E70 Info
3:39pm 7:59pm 3h20m UA7554 E70 Info

From ORD

9:45am 12:26pm 3h41m UA7601 E70 Info
12:15pm 2:58pm 3h43m UA7567 E70 Info
8:05pm 10:52pm 3h47m UA7603 E70 Info

To DEN

6:35am 9:06am 2h31m UA6744 CR7 Info
8:40am 11:14am 2h34m UA7550 E70 Info
12:10pm 2:41pm 2h31m UA6624 CR7 Info
2:41pm 5:15pm 2h34m UA7515 E70 Info

From DEN

8:40am 11:31am 2h51m UA6537 CR7 Info
11:19am 2:02pm 2h43m UA7515 E70 Info
5:55pm 8:39pm 2h44m UA6547 CR7 Info
9:15pm 11:58pm 2h43m UA7553 E70 Info
Altaflyer is offline  
Old Jun 5, 08, 8:55 am
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Posts: 49,264
Thanks for the note. ^
tcook052 is offline  
Old Jun 5, 08, 9:32 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: YXE
Posts: 3,042
UA also added YXE-DEN twice roundtrip daily (on CRJ)

Haven't seen an AC flight number yet though.
pitz is offline  
Old Jun 5, 08, 10:00 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
Posts: 2,894
Excellent. Another evening choice to the U.S. west coast other than just the AS flight to SEA.
BoyAreMyArmsTired is offline  
Old Jun 5, 08, 11:08 pm
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Toronto YYZ UA-1K 1MM,QFgold
Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Posts: 14,285
With UA giving up almost 100 737's they are going to be cutting routes soon or doing more code shares with AC... thats a HUGE number of planes.
Also 6 747 are GOING back to the parking lot.

I wonder if we will see any BUF deals anymore...? lots of the BUF UA planes are 737's
why fly is offline  
Old Jun 5, 08, 11:12 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 9,536
I wish they could move one of the Denver flights back to 5pm or later. Calgary has such a flight so there must be a bank of flights it fits into. Just checked and my am SFO flight on the 27th is nearly sold out. UA is certainly doing well here. I still find it very pathetic that AC can't muster more than that one singular flight to LAX
Altaflyer is offline  
Old Jun 5, 08, 11:14 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 466
Originally Posted by why fly View Post
With UA giving up almost 100 737's they are going to be cutting routes soon or doing more code shares with AC... thats a HUGE number of planes.
Also 6 747 are GOING back to the parking lot.

I wonder if we will see any BUF deals anymore...? lots of the BUF UA planes are 737's
i've been looking at the deals out of BUF and it ain't looking pretty on *A anywhere.
tyassine is offline  
Old Jun 5, 08, 11:40 pm
  #8  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Posts: 49,264
Originally Posted by Altaflyer View Post
Just checked and my am SFO flight on the 27th is nearly sold out. UA is certainly doing well here.
Fri., the 27th June, end of school year and the Fri. just before both national holidays should be almost sold out 3 weeks prior. Ain't no real magic there.

On the whole however, it is nice to see more options ex YEG.
tcook052 is offline  
Old Jun 6, 08, 7:25 am
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Toronto YYZ UA-1K 1MM,QFgold
Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Posts: 14,285
YYZ-SFO has a 319 7am flight thats used for connections to all the asia flights, I hope UA adds a second flight to SFO and ADDS its own planes to LAX.But I cant imagine flights been added in narrow body planes.
why fly is offline  
Old Jun 6, 08, 8:55 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YEG - No Particular Loyalty Anymore
Posts: 3,609
Originally Posted by Altaflyer View Post
I wish they could move one of the Denver flights back to 5pm or later. Calgary has such a flight so there must be a bank of flights it fits into. Just checked and my am SFO flight on the 27th is nearly sold out. UA is certainly doing well here. I still find it very pathetic that AC can't muster more than that one singular flight to LAX
All of these flights are UA flights. It's actually amusing that they are called codeshare since they compete directly with ErrorCanada's YYC-based strategy.
ProudEdmontonian is offline  
Old Jun 6, 08, 9:49 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: somewhere north of stateside...
Posts: 3,663
Lots of growth... didn't UX start in YEG with two or three CRJs a day up from DEN? Great to see...
makin'miles is offline  
Old Jun 7, 08, 10:49 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 98
Originally Posted by makin'miles View Post
Lots of growth... didn't UX start in YEG with two or three CRJs a day up from DEN? Great to see...
In fact, if I recall correctly, it was Air Canada Jazz who flew between Edmonton and Denver with a BA 146 for a while soon after the merger. What is more, Air Canada also had short lived service to Los Angeles and Chicago with B737 aircraft. These were all canceled, much to the chagrin of Edmontonians who noticed that the flights always seemed full.

Of course, the Company always blamed the cancellations on poor loads or yields, but I suspect it had more to do with aircraft shortages and scheduling issues as well as the fact that these are low priority routes (smile!). After the 'open skies' agreement United tried it out and found it fit their priorities. Thus there are now close to twenty daily U.S. bound flights from here, mostly on American carriers. There have been cancellations as well as additions over the years, but the trend has been up.

Air Canada can still put their passengers on the United flights so I suspect there is not much pressure on them to change things. The Jazz service to Los Angeles is even vulnerable if the aircraft is needed elsewhere, in my opinion.

If United, or the other U.S. airlines cut system wide capacity deeply then bad things can happen of course. However, Air Canada may also cut capacity. These are interesting times.
proview is offline  
Old Jun 7, 08, 10:57 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 466
Originally Posted by proview View Post
In fact, if I recall correctly, it was Air Canada Jazz who flew between Edmonton and Denver with a BA 146 for a while soon after the merger. What is more, Air Canada also had short lived service to Los Angeles and Chicago with B737 aircraft. These were all canceled, much to the chagrin of Edmontonians who noticed that the flights always seemed full.

Of course, the Company always blamed the cancellations on poor loads or yields, but I suspect it had more to do with aircraft shortages and scheduling issues as well as the fact that these are low priority routes (smile!).
AC had to get those aircraft to ZIP!
tyassine is offline  
Old Jun 8, 08, 7:02 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: somewhere north of stateside...
Posts: 3,663
That's right... thanks for refreshing my memory.

I remember the Fly Edmonton First campaign had a goal not too many years ago of non-stop service to five US destinations... quite the change in a few years, with service now available to LAX, SFO, SEA, SLC, PHX, LAS, DEN, ORD, and MSP (am I missing any?)
makin'miles is offline  
Old Jun 8, 08, 7:34 am
  #15  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Posts: 49,264
Originally Posted by makin'miles View Post
(am I missing any?)
PSP
tcook052 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: