Lounge Access in Orlando

Closed Thread

Old Apr 2, 08, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Blue +, Hilton Gold, SOFITEL PRIV
Lounge Access in Orlando

does air canada offer lounge access in Orlando for passengers travelling business class?
Old Apr 2, 08, 4:53 am

Programs: Air Canada SE
Unfortunately, no.

Brace yourself. MCO is currently one of the nastiest airports around. They are supposedly renovating, and the place looks like Disney's dirty goth theme park. There isn't even a decent restaurant or watering hole inside the wire. Pack a lunch, or dine outside the decades-long security line.
Old Apr 2, 08, 5:33 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, HH Diamond, ClubAccor Platinum, Marriott Silver
UA lounge in MCO

Originally Posted by SlingBladeYup View Post
Unfortunately, no.
I was flying AC last December and had access to UA's lounge. That said, the lounge is in a separate wing which mean that you have to take the train back and forth between the "terminals" so that you can "enjoy" lounge access. (AC flights departs T1, whereas the UA lounge is located in T3) The UA lounge in MCO is nothing to write home about.
Old Apr 2, 08, 6:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
US Club lounge has been closed ever since a hurricane took it out, UA's RCC looks like a hurricane hit it. You can use the RCC if you want to travel that far.

->Off topic, I have had issues accessing the RCC in MCO when traveling on US with my AC *G card.
Old Apr 2, 08, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately, no.

Brace yourself. MCO is currently one of the nastiest airports around. They are supposedly renovating, and the place looks like Disney's dirty goth theme park. There isn't even a decent restaurant or watering hole inside the wire. Pack a lunch, or dine outside the decades-long security line.
I have had a few flights ex MCO in the last year and find that the security lines move rapidly.Though they seem lengthy,I have never had more than a 5-7 minute transit through their security system.
Old Apr 2, 08, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Blue +, Hilton Gold, SOFITEL PRIV
ok so if i have a 0800am flight and the security lines are bad what time do you sugest i check in, i will be travelling business class
Old Apr 2, 08, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is my personal experience from February 2008.Left Disney property hotel and drove via Bee-Line expressway to MCO.My Flight,AC 923 left approx. 715am,IIRC.Left hotel at 5:45 am (Sunday morning),arrived Avis car rental at 6:05am and AC counter at approx.6;10am.I was flying J and there was no check-in line-up at Exec check-in.There were approx.15-20 people at regular line (I was surprised that there were that many).
Had my BP and was at Starbucks line(that took 10 minutes ) by 6:30am.

Not sure what to tell you flysas,this schedule works for me.
Old Apr 2, 08, 9:10 am

Programs: AC *100K MM; WS Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold
Unfortunately, no.

Unfortunately not just the airport, but this is also where I encountered my nastiest experience with a gate agent, EVER. SuperElite check-in at the Business Class counter and the man was incredibly rude to my husband and I. So much so that I was in tears when I walked away.

Yes, I know, not an answer to the OP's question, but SlingBlade's comment brought back nasty memories. To answer the OP's question, there is no lounge in that area, and not worth the trip to the other end IMO. Security lines do move fairly fast though.
Old Apr 2, 08, 11:41 am

Programs: Aeropolan Super Elite SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Does Air Canada offer Lounge access at either Miami or Fort Lauderdale? If so, is it before or after security?
Old Apr 2, 08, 1:12 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE
Originally Posted by acysb87 View Post
I have had a few flights ex MCO in the last year and find that the security lines move rapidly.Though they seem lengthy,I have never had more than a 5-7 minute transit through their security system.
To be fair, yes, I've had that experience as well at other times of the year. I guess my last two flights out of there were this March, and MCO is not the best place to fly through during this season. Lots of large, vacationing families in those security lines!
Old Apr 2, 08, 2:49 pm
Moderator, Delta & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flysas View Post
ok so if i have a 0800am flight and the security lines are bad what time do you sugest i check in, i will be travelling business class
There are no elite or premium cabin security lines at MCO. You'll be lining up with the masses.
Old Apr 3, 08, 3:52 am

Programs: AC SE MM, UA MP 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gbeaumont View Post
Does Air Canada offer Lounge access at either Miami or Fort Lauderdale? If so, is it before or after security?
Miami has a shared lounge with the other International carriers on the outside of security. It's not spectacular, but better than your average RCC, and does have free alcohol.
Old Nov 14, 08, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K.
I'll be at MCO in early January. I know this thread isn't too old, but are there any updates or do all the above comments still hold true?
Old Nov 15, 08, 7:46 am

Programs: AC Elite, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by RCyyz View Post
I'll be at MCO in early January. I know this thread isn't too old, but are there any updates or do all the above comments still hold true?
I flew out of MCO last month. Both check in and security lines were fine (less than than 10 min each). There is no lounge at the AC gate but you can take the train to the UA Red Carpet Club quickly enough without having to reclear security either way.

CF
Old Nov 15, 08, 7:47 am

Programs: AC *E
Originally Posted by RCyyz View Post
I just returned from MCO last Sun and my flight was at 6 am. Gotta say the terminal is still horrible but the security line moved quite well, mind you I was probably one of the earliest people to check in. The staff at the airport definitely was less than polite.

Search this Thread