Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad

Get more out of your eUpgrade Credits

Since Air Canada doesn't seem to provide these important links anymore, let us do it for them.
  • Official eUp chart (as of Oct 2 2020)
  • Upgrades can now be requested at anytime after booking (i.e. it can be requested prior to your clearance window).

North America / Sun

International

eUpgrade Clearance Windows

Print Wikipost

FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada

Old Sep 8, 2020, 1:16 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Given that the eUp promo has been running for years, I whether they truly meant to let it expire or whether someone just forgot to extend it again.
canadiancow and gcashin like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Has there been a change to the eUpgrade window for Comfort fares? I was able to upgrade a number of flights prior to the 14 day window.
Not just for Comfort fares. I strangely checked a couple of days before the 14-day eUpgrade window opened on a YYZ > YVR Flex fare and was able to upgrade it early. After that experience I checked every day for the return (a PE fare) and was able to eUpgrade it 20 days out.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:40 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
Is it possible once again to upgrade at the airport (i.e. less than T-24) or is that still stalled?

(Or alternatively is it possible to do it through concierges?)
Old Sep 18, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, WoH Explorist
Had an interesting occurrence yesterday. Purchased latitude fare tickets to Europe but wasn't able to e-upgrade online and had to call in to request my upgrades for the transatlantic portions of the trip. The eupgrade web page was displaying Not Available for all segments (YQB-YYZ-FRA-GOT and GOT-FRA-YUL-YQB). Not too much of a hassle though as the wait time was less than a minute and the upgrades cleared right away.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:47 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Hard to know how the rules are applied anymore. As E35 I batted sub .300 for upgrades last year, usually jumping in as soon as I was elligible which was a hard NO beforehand. Post Covid I am batting a 1000 regardless of lead times outside my privilege window, but I haven't booked anything more that 3 weeks out. Happy to take what I can get.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Well this is fun. Not only did the 21 day window come back (luckily I caught it at T-20, but I'm still waitlisted), but the eUp discount promo is gone. The wiki link is no longer accurate.

Comfort L YVR-YYZ is 10, not 8.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Comfort S and T YEG-YYZ (which is over 1501 miles) only cost me 8 credits each way. 1 leg upgraded before Aug 31st and 1 leg after.

I had to call in for the return as the website was not allowing me to upgrade even though I was within the posted window. The agent wasn't surprised about the website.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Comfort S and T YEG-YYZ (which is over 1501 miles) only cost me 8 credits each way. 1 leg upgraded before Aug 31st and 1 leg after.

I had to call in for the return as the website was not allowing me to upgrade even though I was within the posted window. The agent wasn't surprised about the website.
"After" like within a day or two? Or closer to now?

I had a Sep 26 SFO-YYZ upgraded for 8, so that was done on/after Sep 5, but YVR-YYZ r/t today was definitely 10 each way.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by canadiancow
"After" like within a day or two? Or closer to now?

I had a Sep 26 SFO-YYZ upgraded for 8, so that was done on/after Sep 5, but YVR-YYZ r/t today was definitely 10 each way.
Outbound leg was upgraded on Aug 31st, return was upgraded on Sept 10th.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Upgrade at online check in

Forgot to do a bid upgrade for my flights Friday. Will there be another chance to buy an upgrade at online check tomorrow providing there is space? Been years since I havent bought one before .

Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2020, 10:12 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Frustrating.
Every widebody transcon on the day I want is wiiiide open in PE at T-5, but can no longer be eUpped from an X-fare.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by bcard519
Forgot to do a bid upgrade for my flights Friday. Will there be another chance to buy an upgrade at online check tomorrow providing there is space? Been years since I havent bought one before .

Thanks
Yes. There is a separate upgrade program called "Last Minute Upgrade" (LMU) that is offered during OLCI.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 6:16 am

I sent this in through the new Aeroplan feedback form, but I thought I'd post it here too.

I recently booked a YYZ-YVR in Comfort, and at T-20, I could upgrade to PY or waitlist for J.

On AC, I have to make a choice. Do I settle for PY, or hope for J and potentially sit in Y?

On UA, you can confirm PY and waitlist J. Or if neither are available, waitlist both, clearing into whichever opens first (and if that's PY, you're still waitlisted for J).

I don't see why this would be controversial or against AC's interests. I bought Y and I want to sit as far forward as possible, and I'll pay the price either way. I don't think I should have to choose one or the other.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: AC 50KK, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
I'm an SE on a flex fare to ord and the up site is suggesting to upgrade I need 5 credits and a co-pay of $50. Does that sound right? I've checked in multiple places and can't seem to find any reference to a co-pay.

Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by u2hibby
I'm an SE on a flex fare to ord and the up site is suggesting to upgrade I need 5 credits and a co-pay of $50. Does that sound right? I've checked in multiple places and can't seem to find any reference to a co-pay.

Thanks
Yes, the standard rules are that Flex STLAK have co-pays. The 2 (3? 4?) year promotion that eliminated that expired sometime in the last few weeks.
u2hibby likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.