Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad

Get more out of your eUpgrade Credits

Since Air Canada doesn't seem to provide these important links anymore, let us do it for them.
  • Official eUp chart (as of Oct 2 2020)
  • Upgrades can now be requested at anytime after booking (i.e. it can be requested prior to your clearance window).

North America / Sun

International

eUpgrade Clearance Windows

Print Wikipost

FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada

Old Jun 19, 2020, 7:43 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
We're only talking about NA passes...
Ok. flyquiet mentionned TATL passes so I thought this was related. Carry on.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Travel6ix
I am trying to make a decision about the overall costs I am going to incur with AC when things really get moving again. Based on my business travelling habits, I can justify the purchase of a flight pass. I have had one before, and found them to be a great value. What I am having an issue with at the moment is the price difference between the flex and latitude options for the flight pass region I am now looking at. In my case, it would be a significant amount of money to lay out for the promise of an open business class seat within 48 hours of take-off. I have purchased a lattitude pass before, though the difference between the two fare classes where far more reasonable.
I've been basing everything from that. Comp ups are NA only, where Latitude is Y and Flex is M.
jasdou likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I was just future-proofing the info as this is an omnibus thread, not strictly about the question in posts 1203/1209.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, HHGold, Accor Gold.
I've been basing everything from that. Comp ups are NA only, where Latitude is Y and Flex is M.
I was referring to an NA pass, Canadiancow . So.. To clarify my NA flex pass would need room in 'M' for the upgrade to clear, and when I click that upgrade button within the app with an NA latitude pass, the system is checking "Y-space"? And "J" the designation of a full fare business ticket that's been paid?
Old Jun 20, 2020, 5:27 pm

No, Flex passes book into M, which is an economy fare class. To eUpgrade these, you need R, within 14 days of departure for SE.
Latitude passes book into Y, the highest economy fare class. To eUpgrade these, you need Z, and that can be done at time of booking. Or you can do the complimentary upgrade two days before departure based on J space, which is the highest business fare class.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, HHGold, Accor Gold.
No, Flex passes book into M, which is an economy fare class. To eUpgrade these, you need R, within 14 days of departure for SE.
Latitude passes book into Y, the highest economy fare class. To eUpgrade these, you need Z, and that can be done at time of booking. Or you can do the complimentary upgrade two days before departure based on J space, which is the highest business fare class.
Thanks for the clarification. It now makes sense. I read on ACs website that SE can upgrade from 7 days in advance of departure (e75 @ 6 days, e50 @ 5 days, etc...). Does that mean that without any Eups, a request can be made for business class seat 7 days in advance and clear?

You can infer a lot when AC only has one sentence to describe all of this...
Old Jul 3, 2020, 12:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
I couldn't find any questions/answers on AP PY tickets on AC.

Do AP tickets booked in N but confirmed in X work the same way as tickets booked in I but confirmed in X? Ask to be on the upgrade list at the airport, entitled to priority baggage, etc?

Can confirmed N segments be euped to J just like paid N with the same amount of credits required? If so, is confirmed cabin considered before status when the list is cleared? The eup page on AC.com only specifically mentions X upgrades to J.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 12:26 am

If you're confirmed for a lower cabin than you paid miles for, you can go on standby for the higher cabin.

I can't speak for baggage.

Aeroplan N is not upgradeable with eUps.
guessaaa likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: AC-75K, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum Elite
E-Upgrade credit Expiry

Question: Does anyone know if our current e-upgrade credits expire Feb 28 2021 and we get new ones for 2021-2022 or has there been an extension on our current credits until 2022?
Old Jul 25, 2020, 10:14 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JDelux
Question: Does anyone know if our current e-upgrade credits expire Feb 28 2021 and we get new ones for 2021-2022
Yes.

or has there been an extension on our current credits until 2022?
No.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:30 am

To clarify, the current expiry dates are unchanged, but that could easily be any of 28 Feb 2021, 31 May 2021, or 28 Feb 2022, without even factoring in the small business eUps that have completely arbitrary expiry dates.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC-75K, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Gotcha, thanks for the quick reply!
Old Jul 27, 2020, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Star Alliance - Gold, Bonvoy-Titanium, Hilton-Gold, Avis-President's Club
Just wondering, did anybody ever receive a free complementary upgrade from PE aeroplan redemption to J class for ANY reasons? SEs? Maybe an op-up?

or, 0% chance?
Old Jul 27, 2020, 4:57 pm

If it's overbooked, sure. Otherwise, no. AC does not give out random opups.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 5:59 pm

If it's overbooked, sure. Otherwise, no. AC does not give out random opups.
Not necessarily random, but on a recent flight where J was otherwise empty, I and a few others had seats reassigned to J about an hour before boarding. Might have been proactive for weight and balance, or in the interest of social distancing, or some other reason I don't know. Interestingly, on another flight with an almost empty J, the SD picked people out of Y and told them to sit in J after we had all boarded.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.