Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad

Get more out of your eUpgrade Credits

Since Air Canada doesn't seem to provide these important links anymore, let us do it for them.
  • Official eUp chart (as of Oct 2 2020)
  • Upgrades can now be requested at anytime after booking (i.e. it can be requested prior to your clearance window).

North America / Sun

International

eUpgrade Clearance Windows

Print Wikipost

FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:46 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by the6_
Is that 50% based on getting upgrade confirmation right away, or being waitlisted and then upgraded?

Im on the 126 this Friday, N fare, 35k status. Got waitlisted when I tried at the 8 day window. Not holding my breath given the circumstances but would be awesome to get upgraded the first time I’ve ever tried
Data point for anyone on this Friday’s AC126. I was on the phone with AC about something else and asked - they have 1 seat left in business class and 9 people on the waiting list. I’m out I guess 😂
Old Feb 17, 2020, 10:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by the6_
Data point for anyone on this Friday’s AC126. I was on the phone with AC about something else and asked - they have 1 seat left in business class and 9 people on the waiting list. I’m out I guess 😂
N puts you pretty high up, but I agree it looks unlikely.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Star Alliance - Gold, Bonvoy-Titanium, Hilton-Gold, Avis-President's Club
Looking to purchase a ticket to CGK, Indonesia via HKG February 21st to (AC15) and return March 1st (AC16) to YYZ.
I'm an SE status.
Economy standard will cost $1065 (50% miles); K class for AC. How many eupgrade credits do I need for standard class if I'm an SE? Also, do I have to add $ in addition to the eupgrade credits?
Economy flex will cost $2738 (100% miles); Q class for AC most likely. Will need 21 eupgrade credits one way, x 2 = 42 round trips.
I have lots of eupgrade credits expiring February 29, above 80 credits left.
Premium economy will cost $3300 (125% miles); N class for AC. Will need also 21 eupgrade credits one way, x 2 = 42 round trips.

Debating, which one should I get? Any suggestions for experts? Can I get away using my SE status with just buying economy standard to the business class seats?

FYI - Business class seats are wide open on these 2 AC flights....

Hope to hear back from everyone.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:16 pm

Your expiring eUps won't help the return.

You need 26, not 21.

Copay from standard is on the order of 750 each way.

I wouldn't buy Flex on an intercontinental unless I was able to confirm the upgrade at time of booking. Priority is too low compared to PY.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:41 pm

How the heck are we supposed to keep track of anything?

Granted this booking was:
SFO-YVR-TPE-YVR-YYC-LAS, upgrades requested SFO-YVR-TPE-YVR-YYC
SFO-YVR-TPE-YVR-SFO, upgrades requested for all segments
SFO-YVR-TPE-YVR-SFO (different final flight), upgrades requested for all segments

So it's been changed a couple times.

But the old system only showed used credits.

How many credits have I used on this booking? The old system would have showed 26+26=52.

I think my total here is 54? But I'm tired and it's hard to keep a running total that long. I don't care about the extra 2 because they'd expire anyway, but it's obnoxious I can't even easily tell you if it's accurate or not.

BlondeBomber and GJS - yow like this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:06 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
How the heck are we supposed to keep track of anything?

Granted this booking was:
SFO-YVR-TPE-YVR-YYC-LAS, upgrades requested SFO-YVR-TPE-YVR-YYC
SFO-YVR-TPE-YVR-SFO, upgrades requested for all segments
SFO-YVR-TPE-YVR-SFO (different final flight), upgrades requested for all segments

So it's been changed a couple times.

But the old system only showed used credits.

How many credits have I used on this booking? The old system would have showed 26+26=52.

I think my total here is 54? But I'm tired and it's hard to keep a running total that long. I don't care about the extra 2 because they'd expire anyway, but it's obnoxious I can't even easily tell you if it's accurate or not.

I've noticed the exact same thing. So many entries of credits being held, returned, deducted or credited back for a single booking, it is really hard to keep track.

Last edited by jasdou; Feb 19, 2020 at 9:42 am
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:22 am

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by jasdou
I've noticed the exact same thing. So many entried of credits being held, returned, deducted or credited back for a single booking, it is really hard to keep track.
Same. I’m hoping it’s because of the manual process they have to do for eUps right now, and that it will stop being so messy once the airports have switched over to Amadeus.

On the plus side, I just ended up with 4 extra eUp credits because they screwed up a bunch of +4’s and -4’s on a booking...but they expire Feb 2020 and I have no chance to use them, so no joy.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:37 am

I doubt this has to do with any manual process, but I hope you're right.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:28 am
zam

Nominee and other e-upgrade questions

I went from E50 back to SE100 for this year and received my credentials mid-Jan. If I elect a nominee to use up my expiring e-upgrade credits next week, will I be able to choose another one on March 1?
Also, will she have my window and no add on payment, even if she doesn't have status?
Do SE100 have to pay add ons on X class upgrades using credits?
Finally, does the 3 day window for X (reward) class bookings apply to SE100 as well?
thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by zam
I went from E50 back to SE100 for this year and received my credentials mid-Jan. If I elect a nominee to use up my expiring e-upgrade credits next week, will I be able to choose another one on March 1?
Not according to one agent I spoke with.

Originally Posted by zam
Also, will she have my window and no add on payment, even if she doesn't have status?
Yes.

Originally Posted by zam
Do SE100 have to pay add ons on X class upgrades using credits?
Yes.

Originally Posted by zam
Finally, does the 3 day window for X (reward) class bookings apply to SE100 as well?
thanks!
Yes.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:39 am
zam

Thanks!!
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:26 pm

I'm booking YVR to YYz Friday night red eye with spouse on april 24. Both e50, lots of unused upgrade certs. Should I book flex or would comfort significantly improve chances of upgrade?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by tdiddy23
I'm booking YVR to YYz Friday night red eye with spouse on april 24. Both e50, lots of unused upgrade certs. Should I book flex or would comfort significantly improve chances of upgrade?
Comfort is higher up the food chain than Flex.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by zam
If I elect a nominee to use up my expiring e-upgrade credits next week, will I be able to choose another one on March 1?
I asked an agent that same question about 10 days ago, and was told I can choose again March 1. Might get interesting.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Comfort is higher up the food chain than Flex.
yeah, there is also premium econ option, cost getting up there if I had a good chance with comfort/flex though. or i could just upgrade to premium if J from comfort/flex fails I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.