Wiki Posts
Search

AC YYZ to HKG in J on a 777

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2008, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Elite
Smile AC YYZ to HKG in J on a 777

Travelling to HKG on 2/13 in J from Toronto. I can see the plane and the cabin interior at aircanada.ca but can someone, who's flown this route before, give me an idea of the service?

All responses are appreciated.

Thx
Old Feb 8, 2008, 7:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
I've only flown it once. Cabin is comfy and spacious. Service was pretty good, the crew was relatively young and they were pretty attentive considering the length of the flight, although not perhaps up to CX or SQ standards. I'd been up all night the night before the departure and they were happy to let me sleep for the first four hours of the flight and then promptly served me lunch when I woke up.

My only real complaint was that the route mapper wasn't working. I trust they've fixed this problem by now.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 8:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by Siempre Viajando

My only real complaint was that the route mapper wasn't working. I trust they've fixed this problem by now.
No they haven't.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 9:03 am

Programs: aeroplan
I flown the 77W in J a couple of times and the refurbished 763 with the same seat. No route mapper on all of them. Is it because it is not working or simply not available?

I find the new seats very comfortable and it is nice to lay flat for sleeping. Compare to the previous seats, I find them a bit narrower. If you have a window seat and you like to look outside, you may end up with a pain in the neck.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Gold - Hyatt Plat - Nexus
It's a pity the map is not working, as the route is actually quite extraordinary since you will fly very close to the North Pole.
When leaving Toronto, you head straight North-North-East over Nunavik.
The return flight is a more classic route via Alaska.

I flew it last September in J both ways and absolutely loved it.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I have flown the route quite a bit, and you are going to LOVE the flight!^ The seats are amazing..... the VOD is still a bit of a problem but AC is trying to fix it.
The washrooms are cool... nothing like a great view of the artic when you are sitting down...
Trust me you are going to have a great flight... its the best seat of North American airliners...:-:
Old Feb 8, 2008, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by why fly
I have flown the route quite a bit, and you are going to LOVE the flight!^ The seats are amazing..... the VOD is still a bit of a problem but AC is trying to fix it.
The washrooms are cool... nothing like a great view of the artic when you are sitting down...
Trust me you are going to have a great flight... its the best seat of North American airliners...:-:
The only way I can see you getting a view of the arctic when sitting down is if you were facing the window. The image that's coming to my mind is quite entertaining
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
The only way I can see you getting a view of the arctic when sitting down is if you were facing the window.
Not if why fly can turn his head 180 degrees, Exorcist-style.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
The only way I can see you getting a view of the arctic when sitting down is if you were facing the window. The image that's coming to my mind is quite entertaining
After sitting in the seat for 16 hours trying to look out the window, you can turn your head 180 degrees
Also if you are a guy peeing dont look out the window unless your aim is really really good.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 4:10 pm

I'm taking the YYZ-HKG n/s twice before the end of Feb. I'll try to see if I can "MOUNT" the toilet so I can look outside while I ponder life's greatest mysteries.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 7:25 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
On the topic of windows in the bathroom, what other a/c type / airlines have windows in their bathrooms?

I remember being on a Skyservice EMB 120 that had a window in the bathroom, quite something when we came out of the clouds and were over SLC.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by shore9
On the topic of windows in the bathroom, what other a/c type / airlines have windows in their bathrooms?
SQ A345. Same comments as above.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 4:24 am

I remember being on a Skyservice EMB 120 that had a window in the bathroom, quite something when we came out of the clouds and were over SLC.
Skyservice? As in the Canadian tour operator? Perhaps you meant Sky West. I know they used to use Brasilias.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 6:45 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
SK on A340.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 8:20 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by toscorpio
Travelling to HKG on 2/13 in J from Toronto. I can see the plane and the cabin interior at aircanada.ca but can someone, who's flown this route before, give me an idea of the service?

All responses are appreciated.

Thx
Hi,

I have flown this route on January 23rd and had seat 5G . The 777 is a very good and comfortable aircraft and the Sleeper Suites are wonderful if you want to sleep during this 16 hour flight.
The service in Executive First was good, food excellent, but this still does not compare to what you would find in business or in first calss with Cathay, Singapore or on some European carriers , BA and Air France.
I believe Air Canada would benefit by "polishing" its flight attendants manners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.