Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Crew dragged AC co-pilot off jet at Shannon after mid-air scare

Crew dragged AC co-pilot off jet at Shannon after mid-air scare

Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:26 am

why AC is not releasing the co-pilot's name

Originally Posted by payam81
I wonder why AC is protecting the co-pilot and not releasing his name or how long he's been with the airline!
How 'bout common decency? This is a medical issue.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Aeroplan,Skymiles, HiltonHonors, SPG
Originally Posted by hawkins
^
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:54 am

Hello Dr PITUK - I am reporting on this story. Just need to verify who you are. Could I call you?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:03 am

Programs: Free from the constraints of Loyalty programs.
Originally Posted by Eyalberko
Hello Dr PITUK - I am reporting on this story. Just need to verify who you are. Could I call you?
Oh joy, another member of the "fifth estate".
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't we all know who he is by now?

Or are you helping these other colleagues of yours in convincing us all on how incompetent the press is or can be?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course, expecting you to send a private message instead of exposing yourself to the whole world is obviously too much to expect as far as computer literacy is concerned...

Oh well..
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:49 am

There are also reporters from globe and mail and believe it or not google canada..haha
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:53 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan ;BA GOLD;HH GOLD;FAIRMONT PREMIER;SPG GOLD;PR PASS.
In terms of the compensation, I was reading that the business class pax received a 20Euro voucher while the Y class pax. received 15 EUROS.
Is that commonplace in the entire industry or just on AC?
I was under the impression that in these kinds of delays where the pax stay at the airport everyone receives the same compensation.
Any comments?

wali
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wali
In terms of the compensation, I was reading that the business class pax received a 20Euro voucher while the Y class pax. received 15 EUROS.
I was under the impression that in these kinds of delays where the pax stay at the airport everyone receives the same compensation.
Any comments?

wali
First, I think this is just a meal voucher. Second, if they get to destination (LHR) but do not have/do not miss connections, I don't think they qualify for compensation.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Wink

Originally Posted by wali

Let's not forget that in J you get "better" food
Old Jan 30, 2008, 11:44 am
B1

Remember Egyptair 990? A co-pilot, hallucinations and disaster

In that case, the 767 was destroyed. The analysis suggested that a co-pilot who was hallucinating took control "Captain Habashi made his way back from the toilet. He yelled, "What's happening? What's happening?"
Batouti said, "I rely on God." The Egyptair events are covered completely in The Atlantic.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
Dr. PITUK, could you please contact me?

I need someone to pick up some shirts for me at Hawes & Curtis on Brompton Road at 4/100 quid, but I need to verify your identity before I can trust you to bring them to my house the next time you're over here.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:00 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by hawkins
I don't think this is an entirely personal medical issue. It involves the lives of the pax and the rest of the crew. Would it have been an entirely medical issue had he taken control of the plane and crashed in to the atlantic?

By the way, welcome to FT.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:08 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by zorn
Dr. PITUK, could you please contact me?

I need someone to pick up some shirts for me at Hawes & Curtis on Brompton Road at 4/100 quid, but I need to verify your identity before I can trust you to bring them to my house the next time you're over here.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:34 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
if the situation was stable, does anyone know what considerations might taken about just continuing to London? It's only 300 or so more miles (1 hour or so), and would be so much easier to not to have to divert, and plus afterwards, how is Air Canada going to look after its sick pilot at an irregular station with no staff?

correction: or how about even diverting to Dublin? AC has service there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.