YYZ Concierge Service questions

Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
YYZ Concierge Service questions

Hi,

I've never used the concierge service before - so I don't really know what it's all about. I am flying tomorrow night and my guess is that the situation at the airport is going to get a little 'sticky' because of some weird things that are happening with my booking. (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=769968)

I have poked around some concierge threads and it seems that they might be able to help us in the event that our seats have been canceled for whatever reason. (We are traveling in full fare J, but our idiot TA booked us into C - the fare basis is "J" though)

Would the concierge be able to push to get us on / help us rebook? We are connecting to EK from LHR (same ticket.)
Where would we find these people/person/desk at YYZ?
Any other tips / advice?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:35 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, you could arrive early to meet them and give them a heads-up on your situation.

The concierge office is at the East area of T1 (Intl departures is West, US departures Centre, and Domestic East) right beside the ticketing desk.

The flights tom. night all seem very open (all have I available1 day out) so I wouldn't worry too much about things getting messed up. But you never know

Most of the time, the way I use it is when I'm going to arrive less than 60 mins prior to a US departure, and I need a bag tag printed. I have NEXUS so they have been able to help a few times... which has been really nice!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
In your profile, it says you are Elite. Are you SE and forget to update your profile?

I thought concierge service was strictly for SE. (Certainly was never offered to me in the 10 years I was E.)
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by margarita girl
In your profile, it says you are Elite. Are you SE and forget to update your profile?

I thought concierge service was strictly for SE. (Certainly was never offered to me in the 10 years I was E.)
I wish I only made E by about 50 miles or something The website says that I qualify if traveling in J class. Is this correct? (http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...concierge.html)

Cheers,
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:48 am

Programs: Programs? I don't need no stinking programs
Originally Posted by margarita girl

It is supposedly available to paying J passengers (or perhaps international J only ?), though as you aren't given any contact info for the concierges it's a bit nebulous how you're supposed to make use of the service, other than by flagging down a concierge at the airport.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:55 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nolens volans
It is supposedly available to paying J passengers (or perhaps international J only ?), though as you aren't given any contact info for the concierges it's a bit nebulous how you're supposed to make use of the service, other than by flagging down a concierge at the airport.
Yes, Executive First only... I guess it's for those travelers in the know But I asked for help once last year when I was going to LHR as E...
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nolens volans
When travelling Exec First, I just had the concierge paged in the MLL when the need arose.

And I am Elite without the magic telephone numbers.....
Old Dec 22, 2007, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airbus320

And I am Elite without the magic telephone numbers.....

and secret handshake.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 4:25 pm

Programs: Programs? I don't need no stinking programs
Originally Posted by acysb87
and secret handshake.
...and top-secret fare class decoder ring. I really wish I had one of those.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 4:29 pm
akk

Programs: AC*SE SPGPlat PCPlat HHSilver
Is there a concierge in FRA? (I know I could find this out eventually thru ac.com, but I have more faith in the forum).
Old Dec 22, 2007, 5:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
When traveling J class on international routes, you are supposed to have access to concierge services, but my past experience has been that, at least in Calgary airport, it is an answering machine and asks you to leave a message, instead of someone carrying a cellular phone answering it. I have not been really pleased with this answering machine business.

So unless I am in trouble, I usually do not bother to call them at all.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lespoir
When traveling J class on international routes, you are supposed to have access to concierge services, but my past experience has been that, at least in Calgary airport, it is an answering machine and asks you to leave a message, instead of someone carrying a cellular phone answering it. I have not been really pleased with this answering machine business.

So unless I am in trouble, I usually do not bother to call them at all.
Is there a separate phone number / anywhere I can find it?

Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2007, 6:04 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Is there a separate phone number / anywhere I can find it?

Thanks
If your flying in "Exec First" you should ask reservations to help you. The concierge line is not published unless you are a SE member.

Although as a past Elite member for the last 7 years the reservaions line always helped in almost all my requests?
Old Dec 22, 2007, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Silvercity
If your flying in "Exec First" you should ask reservations to help you. The concierge line is not published unless you are a SE member.

Although as a past Elite member for the last 7 years the reservaions line always helped in almost all my requests?
Reservations said they couldn't help me - because I booked via a travel agent / the ticket is issued by Emirates.

Cheers,
Old Dec 22, 2007, 7:24 pm

Programs: AC 50K MM, HH DIA, GP DIA, SPG PLT, Delta Gold, Farimont Plat
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Reservations said they couldn't help me - because I booked via a travel agent / the ticket is issued by Emirates.

Cheers,
There's almost always a concierge near the check in and/or in the lounge.

They have distinct name tags (of which I can't reveal details, naturally!)

ckc

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.