Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Porter sues Air Canada for $850M

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2007, 1:18 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
You know as well as anyone for the XM work that there are always issues that arise -- you refuse to acknowledge that - face it you just like to piss into AC's face... plain and simple. As for the flight passes - they did come around and recant and I think they were fair in what they did.

So why do you not get off your lets-dump-on-AC box and be realistic for a change rather than just pissing at everyone who tries to be a bit more level headed than you (and that is not hard!)

Am I an apologist - not hardly ... but I am realistic and not ready to simply jump and scream as you seem to be.

Old Nov 9, 2007, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
You know as well as anyone for the XM work that there are always issues that arise -- you refuse to acknowledge that
There were "issues" like what 19 month's ago. Are you saying those issues are still relevant to the delays today?

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
As for the flight passes - they did come around and recant and I think they were fair in what they did.
Why would AC screw over their "loyal" pax in the first place? The only reason they even offered to make good was because of a threat of a lawsuit. PLAIN & SIMPLE.

Seems like that's what it takes for AC to act like an honest company.

All the power to Porter with their lawsuit ^
Old Nov 9, 2007, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
Originally Posted by imverge
For an airline that claims the lawsuit is bogus they sure are acting defensive.
What sane business person wouldn't lash out at such a stupid lawsuit? Robert Delucional has made himself the laughingstock of the industry, launching a suit against a standard practice in aviation. The only surprising thing is that Carty would give the go-ahead, I guess he still smarting from losing Canadi>n to Milton. The only good thing that would come of this is that Porter would have to open its books to prove damages, and we'd all get to see those "profits" they keep claiming to make.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by LeSabre74
What sane business person wouldn't lash out at such a stupid lawsuit? Robert Delucional has made himself the laughingstock of the industry, launching a suit against a standard practice in aviation. The only surprising thing is that Carty would give the go-ahead, I guess he still smarting from losing Canadi>n to Milton. The only good thing that would come of this is that Porter would have to open its books to prove damages, and we'd all get to see those "profits" they keep claiming to make.

Why not let the "facts" speak for themselves? I mean after-all didn't Jazz...ummm I mean AC...ummm I mean Jazz Income Fund... release a press on Oct. 26th?

As for "standard practice" in aviation that's for the courts to decide. Either they own Jazz or they don't this Income Fund is a lot of smoke and mirrors. Plus this lawsuit will allow Porter to subpoena AC/Jazz records to see what's really going on.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
...As for "standard practice" in aviation that's for the courts to decide. Either they own Jazz or they don't this Income Fund is a lot of smoke and mirrors. Plus this lawsuit will allow Porter to subpoena AC/Jazz records to see what's really going on.
It's quite easy to understand, ACE owns a minority interest in Jazz, a company with which they have a Capacity Purchase Agreement. AC and Jazz financials are public record, since they are public companies. Porter on the other hand......
Old Nov 9, 2007, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
There were "issues" like what 19 month's ago. Are you saying those issues are still relevant to the delays today?
Uh, how about the planes were full during the busy summer season, and pulling one off the line to refurbish it would have cost significant revenue?

And how is this any more "lying" than Porter claiming they are going to have this or that service launched by this or that date, and then not doing so?

Why would AC screw over their "loyal" pax in the first place? The only reason they even offered to make good was because of a threat of a lawsuit. PLAIN & SIMPLE.
Yup, they were very scared from a post on FlyerTalk, just like they have been about all the other legal threats levelled at them by people posting on IBBs.

All the power to Porter with their lawsuit ^
Yes, indeed. May they be as successful in their business as they are with their lawsuit.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Simon
Uh, how about the planes were full during the busy summer season, and pulling one off the line to refurbish it would have cost significant revenue?

And how is this any more "lying" than Porter claiming they are going to have this or that service launched by this or that date, and then not doing so?

Yup, they were very scared from a post on FlyerTalk, just like they have been about all the other legal threats levelled at them by people posting on IBBs.

Yes, indeed. May they be as successful in their business as they are with their lawsuit.
So AC didn't plan on being busy and that's why they screwed up on the XM time line

Show me where Porter said they were going to have a service and didn't... Porter doesn't have the aircraft that's legit unlike AC's excuses. I mean for god sake they owned the company that did the XM on the planes... but they sold the base out west instead of keeping it going since they were so behind schedule. Again AC put profit ahead of "loyal" customers.

Are you saying that the FT thread had nothing to do with AC back-peddling with their tail between their legs? HA! Don't under estimate yourself

Remember AC and WS just reported record high loads... seems like it's a good time to be in the airline biz? You don't think Porter is benefiting from the strong demand?
Old Nov 9, 2007, 2:16 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
How about some of the early TC and ACTS delays caused the timeline to be pushed back, which caused them to get to a point where they couldn't just pick up the slack over the last few months when those things were out of the way.

I think others have pointed out to you in the past about the announcements of when US service would start, for one thing, but just keep on cruising along accusing AC of "lying"

We won't know about Porter until he opens his books. JetsGo was doing fabulously as well, leasing new planes and launching new routes right up until they hit death's door.

But they offer good service. So they must be stunningly profitable.

See CP Air.

Simon
Old Nov 10, 2007, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LeSabre74
What sane business person wouldn't lash out at such a stupid lawsuit? Robert Delucional has made himself the laughingstock of the industry, launching a suit against a standard practice in aviation.
Perhaps. But I am pretty sure that there are also many who are silently cheering him on.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 8:46 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWkid
Perhaps. But I am pretty sure that there are also many who are silently cheering him on.
... and some not so silently!
Old Nov 10, 2007, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No kidding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.