Wiki Posts
Search

Expiration of Aeroplan Points

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2007, 1:18 am

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Is this for real???

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Just learned from an Aeroplan agent that Minor children are exempt from expiring points until they turn 18.^

One less card to use at Esso for a few more years.
My 15 yr old's 30,000 points disappeared early this year without any warning. I called, begged ignorance on his behalf and they were re-instated tho' warned they would expire at the end of 2007 if there was no activity. ^ I was just thinking about how to prevent them from going again as the only flight he took this year was a redemption in LH J to Europe (spoilt brat..) So does anyone on the inside know when did this ruling re; minors come into play and indeed can it be relied upon?
Old Dec 7, 2007, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
My 15 yr old's 30,000 points disappeared early this year without any warning. I called, begged ignorance on his behalf and they were re-instated tho' warned they would expire at the end of 2007 if there was no activity. ^ I was just thinking about how to prevent them from going again as the only flight he took this year was a redemption in LH J to Europe (spoilt brat..) So does anyone on the inside know when did this ruling re; minors come into play and indeed can it be relied upon?
How about you do not plead ignorance and set the matter straight with Aeroplan. Send them in documentation that your son is a minor and his miles will remain active until he turns 18. I know for a fact that the expiration policy does not apply to minors. The only way that his miles would expire is that his account did not reflect his age, which can be fixed with a quick letter with government documentation.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 9:34 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by anti_ice
Wow. AP comes up with a sensible caveat to this stupid policy.
Originally Posted by oiboy
How about you do not plead ignorance and set the matter straight with Aeroplan. Send them in documentation that your son is a minor and his miles will remain active until he turns 18. I know for a fact that the expiration policy does not apply to minors. The only way that his miles would expire is that his account did not reflect his age, which can be fixed with a quick letter with government documentation.
But I see AP is being clear and straightforward as usual...

Last edited by anti_ice; Dec 7, 2007 at 11:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.