FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Fast Track Passes at LHR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/745538-fast-track-passes-lhr.html)

YWGcanuck Oct 12, 2007 9:25 am

Fast Track Passes at LHR

Flying in Y to LHR at the end of the month. In the past I have been in J and the FA's hand out Fast Track Passes before landing.

Anyone have any tips as to how I can get my hands on one if I am in Y?

I am thru YYZ twice next week so I was thinking of asking at the MLL but I am only in the domestic and US lounges and not the International side.

Any tips would be much appreciated!!^

zorn Oct 12, 2007 9:52 am

Originally Posted by YWGcanuck (Post 8549812)
Flying in Y to LHR at the end of the month. In the past I have been in J and the FA's hand out Fast Track Passes before landing.

Anyone have any tips as to how I can get my hands on one if I am in Y?

I am thru YYZ twice next week so I was thinking of asking at the MLL but I am only in the domestic and US lounges and not the International side.

Any tips would be much appreciated!!^

If you are E or SE you could make a point of boarding during priority boarding and ask an FA to give you one.

If you are SE you could ask a concierge to secure one for you.

You will either get one or not. No harm in asking. Just don't expect one as you really aren't entitled to it.

Ben Lipsey Oct 12, 2007 10:07 am

Not entitled to one? I thought he was, as a status flyer....I know that the odd time when I'm in Y to LHR, once or twice the purser actually went through the manifest and handed out fast passes to all status flyers. I would take that to mean that we are entitled....

Having said that, my experience is rare to be sure. Ask when you board, and you may be lucky. Maybe not.

osxanalyst Oct 12, 2007 10:08 am

Another option (if you had enough posts, etc.) would be to try to get one in CC. But I guess that's not a realistic option for you. I used my last extra UA one last month flying OSL-LHR to avoid a huge 1.5 hour wait. :D

YWGcanuck Oct 12, 2007 11:06 am

Originally Posted by osxanalyst (Post 8550040)
Another option (if you had enough posts, etc.) would be to try to get one in CC. But I guess that's not a realistic option for you. I used my last extra UA one last month flying OSL-LHR to avoid a huge 1.5 hour wait. :D

Nope, I'm still a newbie here...

Hopefully, my E will mean something but I won't hold my breath. getting any consideration from AC with my status has been a crapshoot (literally and figuratively).

I will try the concierge here at ywg but they are not familiar with these passes.

Barring that I could beg the FA!:rolleyes:

ylwae Oct 12, 2007 11:33 am

I have some lying around, though they're from a couple of years ago. I don't know if they've changed in that time, but I can mail one to you.

yyz_atc_qq Oct 12, 2007 11:34 am

YWG, pm me your details and the day you leave for the trip. I have some spares and will drop them in the post.

Also tell me how many you need

YWGcanuck Oct 12, 2007 11:59 am

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq (Post 8550501)
YWG, pm me your details and the day you leave for the trip. I have some spares and will drop them in the post.

Also tell me how many you need

WOW, thanks yyz - PM on the way.

Oops, forgot to say I only need one.

Cheers!!

osxanalyst Oct 12, 2007 12:44 pm

If all else fails (Canada Post), try the concierge at YYZ. The passes are boarded there so there should be knowledge of them.