Standby on Intl AP reward

Old Oct 12, 07, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Standby on Intl AP reward

HI all, the terms and conditions state that standby is allowed when in J on a reward domestically. But I can't find any reference to international awards. Can you standby for an earlier flight on an international award?
Old Oct 12, 07, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

So in case anyone was wondering, an AP agent said that you CANNOT standby on international itineraries at all.

Of course, she also said that you can't standby on domestic itineraries, but relented when I corrected her that J cabin ticketholders can indeed standby. She then went on to say that a J award booked into a Y seat cannot standby or something.

She also adamantly insisted that at NO time did J awards booked into Y seats have priority over ANYONE, certs or otherwise. I stated that I was sure it was a policy shift a little while back that put certs above a points-paid J pax in the Y cabin. NO! She was right, I was wrong.
Old Oct 12, 07, 2:19 pm

I was told NO standby on international award but I along with 2 other's were able to do the exact opposite in GRU.
Old Oct 12, 07, 2:39 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
I would not trust what an AP agent says, they are full of it. Give it some time and I'm sure the right answer will come along.
Old Oct 12, 07, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by shore9
I would not trust what an AP agent says, they are full of it. Give it some time and I'm sure the right answer will come along.
Remind you of anyone?
Old Oct 12, 07, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
Remind you of anyone?
Hahaha. Nice one TC!

At any rate, I always subscribe to the idea that it never hurts to ask despite what a phone agent may have told me...
Old Oct 12, 07, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE MM, SD Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by anti_ice View Post
She then went on to say that a J award booked into a Y seat cannot standby...
She's actually right about this one (in terms of standing by for an earlier flight). You are of course able to be on standby for an upgrade to J on the designated flight.

Search this Thread