Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Miles to be offerred on Porter Flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Miles to be offerred on Porter Flights?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2007, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bytepusher
I can see them doing this as a short term promotional stunt but not as a long term thing.
Wouldn't it make more sense for them to team up with someone elses program? AA or AS come to mind... For many years, Helijet offered AS points on their flights for example...
Old Oct 13, 2007, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Wouldn't it make more sense for them to team up with someone elses program? AA or AS come to mind... For many years, Helijet offered AS points on their flights for example...
I would think it would be much easier and probably more cost effective to just hand out AP vouchers instead of having to either manually take everyone's FF number or having a computer system that can transfer that info to AA.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imverge
I would think it would be much easier and probably more cost effective to just hand out AP vouchers instead of having to either manually take everyone's FF number or having a computer system that can transfer that info to AA.
I think the program is quite simple actually. It is simply a flat flile transfer at a regularly agreed upon time (usually every evening). I worked (years ago) for a company that gave out ff points on a number of different programs, and with the exception of a very few, it was all automated batch transfers (including AP)...so it can be done. The problem with vouchers is the control mechanisms, and also customers lose them...
Old Oct 13, 2007, 3:40 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
The earlier (now removed) Crocodile Tears about 'alleged' mod baiting were noted.

I too found it interesting that Royal used to offer AP miles. I knew about Bearskin and First North.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The problem with vouchers is the control mechanisms, and also customers lose them...
Yeah, I guess we would probably see many of them up for sale on eBay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.