YYZ to SYD in DEC 07

Old Oct 5, 07, 11:06 am
Original Poster

YYZ to SYD in DEC 07

I am booked on AC with my family from Toronto to Sydney in early Dec coming back end of Dec. My fare class is Q and I am wondering if I can use my Special System Wide Upgrade to business. I think I can only upgrade 4 days before the flight. How busy in business class in these flights, any ideas any suggestions tips!

Thanks
Old Oct 5, 07, 11:50 am

Programs: AC*SE 2012/13 /CIBC AP Gold/&BIS
What dates and Flight No's?

Going early December your on the stop over in HNL, on the 767. Pushing to get business but I have been lucky enough so far.

Coming back late in DEC your chances are better as it is the 777.

Are see the date now.....Whats your return..??
Cheers.
Old Oct 5, 07, 11:55 am

Programs: AC*SE 2012/13 /CIBC AP Gold/&BIS
I gather it's via YVR on flight 33.

So far I "0", j9,C4,Z2.

22 seats remain with 3 only taken so far, mind you still way to far out so you best checking back from the 1st onwards to even get a better reflection of what your chances will be.

What's your status?
Old Oct 5, 07, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the answers

My status is Elite, flying on 6th Dec and returning on 29th Dec.

Thanks
Old Oct 5, 07, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Will be interested, and I hope you return here to give us a quick trip report on the 767 to Sydney and then the nice new 777 on the way home !

Please keep us informed
Old Oct 6, 07, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
You will LOVE your return flight....... the 777 are an amazing plane... however you will suffer on your fights out unless you get lucky enough to get a 767 XM plane...

However I think most people paying J fares avoid the 767's and stop of AC so you should have a great chance of upgrading on the way to SYD.
Old Oct 7, 07, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Question.... for people in economy class from YYZ to SYD on the new 777 aircrafts (some days are 77L and some days are the 77W in Feb), is it the international service one might expect, or is it the domestic product?

It will be a rude shock for international passengers going from SYD to YYZ to suddenly realise that they have to pay for their meal between YVR and YYZ!
Old Oct 7, 07, 11:05 am

Programs: Altitude 50K
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
Question.... for people in economy class from YYZ to SYD on the new 777 aircrafts (some days are 77L and some days are the 77W in Feb), is it the international service one might expect, or is it the domestic product?

It will be a rude shock for international passengers going from SYD to YYZ to suddenly realise that they have to pay for their meal between YVR and YYZ!
Great question! They sell 33/34 as a domestic YVR/YYZ service too. But, I suspect that those on the international leg will have a notation on their boarding card/manifest so they get a free Swiss Chalet Chicken sandwich.
Old Oct 8, 07, 9:14 am
Original Poster

I did travel in 77W coming back from Frankfurt -YYZ in business and really enjoyed the new seats and more private seating arrangement in executive class. Service was good too.
Keeping my fingers crossed while going to Sydney in dec.
Old Oct 8, 07, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post

Well when you come in from any other airline to NA and land in SFO or LAX you are going to cross the country on a DOMESTIC airplane... SO.... I hope the traveller is not in for a rude shock... I think its been the same for 15+ years.... other than a free meal.
Old Oct 8, 07, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Originally Posted by why fly View Post
Well when you come in from any other airline to NA and land in SFO or LAX you are going to cross the country on a DOMESTIC airplane... SO.... I hope the traveller is not in for a rude shock... I think its been the same for 15+ years.... other than a free meal.
When AC had a flight which originated from YYZ to HKG via YVR on the same plane, it was the only flight which exempted it from 'pay for food' and was the only flight which served food to coach within Canada. But that flight no longer exists.

Until the above flight comes in, that is. I don't see how a same plane service is going to suddenly change to a domestic airplane... and besides, I am talking about people from outside Canada who is travelling to another Canadian city who are unfamiliar to our strange custom of having two service standards in one airline.

QANTAS never has such a distinctively different product between international and domestic!
Old Oct 22, 07, 7:35 pm

Does AC plan to offer direct non-stop YYZ to Sydney in 2008 ?
Old Oct 22, 07, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YYA361 View Post
Does AC plan to offer direct non-stop YYZ to Sydney in 2008 ?
Well YES the service starts in Dec of 07 so it will also be flying in 08.

IF the loads are light AC might change it.... but I assume they will give it 6 months.
Old Oct 22, 07, 7:53 pm

Thanks.

I looked on the AC site, but it only shows the one stop in Vancouver for dates next September.

Am I missing something ?
Old Oct 22, 07, 8:07 pm

Programs: Free from the constraints of Loyalty programs.
Originally Posted by YYA361 View Post
Thanks.

I looked on the AC site, but it only shows the one stop in Vancouver for dates next September.

Am I missing something ?
AC has not said anything about YYZ-SYD non-stop. I do not believe the 77L AC has bought have the extended range fuel tanks required to make this flight. There was talk of a YYZ-LAX-SYD flight but due to a stall in the OZ-Canada bilateral talks this has been put on hold.

The only option is going to be YYZ-YVR-SYD starting Dec 14th.

Search this Thread