Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Baggage may fall out of overhead compartments...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2007, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer

Friend of mine just did YUL-YYZ-SCL on 427/92 last week.

YUL-YYZ on 427 the 24th operated a couple hours late so he missed the connection and got put in a hotel, then had a day to see YYZ, which he didn't really mind so much.

92 is almost always a little late out of YYZ - it's scheduled for 23:30 but gets off at 00:30 give or take a bit - but my friend told me that on the 25th, er, early morning of the 26th, they got everyone aboard, and then a suitcase fell on an FA's head! so they de-boarded a half-dozen pax (due to being short crew?), which cost them another hour.

(Apparently they tried to get him to be one of the half-dozen, but he told them he was already a day late...)

Hope the FA is okay! Of all the luck!
Old Oct 2, 2007, 7:43 am

Did the baggage hurt the FA or was it just a precaution incase she could not do her duties?
Old Oct 2, 2007, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Holy crap.

With the stuff that people put in their carry-ons, I wouldn't be surprised if she got a concussion. One of my friends once got hit in the head with stuff falling out of the overhead bin and he still gets pain in the neck once in a while. This was many years back.

Hope she recovers!
Old Oct 2, 2007, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by fromYYZ_flyer
Did the baggage hurt the FA or was it just a precaution incase she could not do her duties?
According to my friend, apparently she was hurt (or at least shaken) enough that she didn't work the flight. And it doesn't sound like they had a spare handy at that hour of the night. I guess that put them at/closer to minimum staffing levels, or whatever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.