Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Will Aeroplan modify J class overseas instant KK for SE's companions-2008, I hope so.

Will Aeroplan modify J class overseas instant KK for SE's companions-2008, I hope so.

Old Oct 1, 07, 10:20 am
formerly known as seanthepilot

Location: Don Muang, Thailand: AirAsia_Plat, UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_hater measly gold 4 life
The Op has the right idea... travelling together

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII View Post
What I would hope is the some modification to the rule for 2008.
... travelling companion ... flies with the SE at all, then he/she would be eligible for instant KK..
Brilliant!

The LIST is subject to abuse. The change was made because of abuse.

A legitimate concern to the loss of KK in J is that the ability to get award tickets that the SE would normally issue, for traveling companions, was taken away.

A logical proposal is to allow an override for any ticket bought in conjunction with a SEs itinerary. I hope the Op gets to see this come to life...

good luck
Old Oct 1, 07, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyzprincess View Post
................. Afterall, what do I know......
Soooooooo taken out of context.

You seem to have a good handle on getting what you want.
Old Oct 1, 07, 12:48 pm

Programs: AC SE
I had a recent conversation with a high level AC employee.

He indicated the change made this year to prevent a SE from paying for a ticket and then having a spouse fly with them on points was not in the spirit of what they tried to do. He indicated that they would be reviewing that restriction. I explained that people paying for J or Y to Europe or Asia had many airlines to choose from and that this restriction one "office pays for me" and "spouse uses my points" was not a great idea. I would say there is a chance that this will be changed for next year.

I also pitched the named person list idea or moving to a gift of travel for INTL J to immediate family only. Both ideas were met with "AC is the only airline that allows IKK" and further comments left me with the impression that there would not be any changes on that issue.
Old Oct 1, 07, 2:18 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Originally Posted by rodric View Post
Why would they change the status quo to reinstate something they have taken away? Has it hurt their bottom line? I don't think so. Do you feel ripped off? Yes but there's still enough there for us to keep coming back. It is a business so no need to give you want you can obviously do without.
As earlier poster pointed out, they are more likely to keep pulling till there's an effect on the bottom line, thats how the make money.
AC doesn't seem to feel the recoil of any cost cutting measures currently, planes are still going very full. Perhaps in a few years when planes are not so full it will be too late, then at least we can say we told you so.
Old Oct 1, 07, 3:48 pm
ALW

No, when that happens, they'll re-introduce the benefit (among others) and people will return.

=aw
Old Oct 1, 07, 7:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 100K
thats my point!
Would we do anything differently if any of us ran the carrier and wanted to make a profit.
I truly wish the pricing on some routes was more beneficial to me but I'm hooked into this loyalty program that does its job and keeps me loyal!
Old Oct 1, 07, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by ALW View Post
No, when that happens, they'll re-introduce the benefit (among others) and people will return.

=aw
No, they will go bankrupt and the new airline that buys the remnants will use a different FFP as Aeropain is no longer part of the group...........
Old Oct 2, 07, 9:32 am

Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
Until people start to vote with there wallets, it is a non-issue. People are throwing this stuff out anonymously and hoping to scare AC into changing something. About 0.05% of there customers ever heard of this website so I am sure they are laughing at theses threats.

I for one have moved my International "J" to BA so I can take my wife with me on trips, I have just returned from my 7th Overseas trip and my wife accompanied me on 5 of them with no problems at all getting award seats. I am now Gold on BA, I still fly AC within NA and Caribbean and I will attain SE in 2008. When the paid Overseas "J" starts to disapper then they will make some changes fast,a as that is where there money is.
Old Oct 2, 07, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
I have one question.

If for example, I had an Aeroplan business class award ticket for myself (as a SE) from YOW to LHR (on AC) to LIS (via TAP), would my wife get the instant KK (from my Aeroplan account) or not, for the Canada-LHR portion? If the answer is no, then this should be subject to modification for 2008.

I do know that she would get the instant KK, if my Aeroplan ticket was for travel between Canada-LHR, return.

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Oct 2, 07 at 6:30 pm
Old Oct 2, 07, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS SPG PLAT(LTP) HHDiamond Marriott PLAT
I have one question.

If for example, I had an Aeroplan business class award ticket for myself (as a SE) from YOW to LHR (on AC) to LIS (via TAP), would my wife get the instant KK (from my Aeroplan account) or not, for the Canada-LHR portion? If the answer is no, then this should be subject to modification for 2008.
NO

Send an email to AC CEO and ACE CEO and read them the riot act. Tell them to modify it in 2008. I would get on it immediately, 3 more months and it is 2008.
Old Oct 2, 07, 10:23 pm

I have one question.

I do know that she would get the instant KK, if my Aeroplan ticket was for travel between Canada-LHR, return.
I think yyzprincess may not be correct--in this case ( you on award ticket) will get instant KK on AC metal ONLY. Actually you can also do this on the website where it says to get SE benefits the SE must travel on the same itinerary

Search this Thread