Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Thank you AC for the best customer service this year !

Old Sep 29, 2007, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP

Hi,

well it was time for me to pick up one of these 360USD tickets which we were able to book a couple of month ago to fly to hongkong.

anyway, i started my mad MR from SIN-BKK-NRT-LAX-SFO-SMF-PDX-YVR-HKG-NRT

(this was done in a 59hour timeframe only having a 8hour stop in LAX to go to the cheese factory, buying ipods and iphones before flying to smf and having a 5hour layover there.)

for everybody who has to stay in SMF i recommend to fly into SMF and if you cant get a hotel room go to the hotel which is directly at the airport . it has free wifi in the lobby, the guy there let me stay there for 5hours (i bought 20usd in food and drinks and tipped him 5usd ) and he was very nice.

anyway, when i checked in for my first Alaska airline flight, i got 1B exit row with a lot legroom! smooth flight to PDX check into my AC flight to YVR.

than it happend, UA agent which were handling checking asked me if i would fly on the next flight as i had time before my flight to HKG leaves.

i asked what they would offer me for the bump, she picked up the phone and called YVR about compensation well they offered me 200 usd ...

(as usually you get a free ticket or more usd ) i asked them if i could get the money + an upgrade to C on my hkg flight.

answer was that they cant promise but they will consider it..

anyway, i took the chance and said i will do it.

that womans shouts the name of one of the guys waiting next to the counter mr. xxx (we just got a volunteer , you are ready to go to your daughters wedding !! ) he came , said 10 x thank you ! ^^^
(i was happy i could help him, of course the 200usd were nice too

so i took the 2hour later flight after waiting in the lounge and than i arrived in YVR. went to the excellent lounge and surprise the same lady which treated me so well last time was there, remembering my name, face and telling me

" i heard you helped out today, thank you for that"

i smiled and said that i was happy that guy will make it to his daughters wedding

she told me that the flight to HKG was almost full and they were considering to OPUP me i showed her my itan, she rolled with her eyes and asked if i am nuts

i told her that i need another 67K this year to fly for status on several airlines...

she laughed called her supervisor who was looking into this, explained that i was flying already 50hours without sleeping ...

15mins later that guy came up himself, introduced himself and after a little chatting he hand me over my new C boarding pass !

yeah baby, so

360usd - 200usd = 160USD - 1000usd for a C upgrade,

well in my book i earned money on that flight .

thank you AC for allowing me to sleep the whole flight, i slept like a baby..

missed the meal, but my neighbour on that fligtht told me that i havent missed anything as the food was awful

so let see if they made a mistake and booked me into fullfare C , that would be even more miles

i know why many are complaining about AC but i found the YVR team to be very good and in case of OP-UPs this was my 2nd opup this year they seem be able to do opups more frequently than other airlines staff...

dp
Old Oct 1, 2007, 2:19 pm

Nice story. My experience have been largely mixed, but it is good to see both sides of the story.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 10:03 pm

Programs: S.E, Preferred Select, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by geoffishere
Nice story. My experience have been largely mixed, but it is good to see both sides of the story.
I've had nothing but great experiences in YVR as well. Perhaps its the west coast charm. Its refreshing when compared to some of the gremlins in YYZ.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
yep

Originally Posted by 1st Class Gekko
I've had nothing but great experiences in YVR as well. Perhaps its the west coast charm. Its refreshing when compared to some of the gremlins in YYZ.
yvr lounge staffs goes out of their way to make everything possible.

and they told me that if i want to change from HKG to another airport next time i have to put my baggage on standby for YVR and than they could have re-routed me ...

etc. so this is what i expect from an airline. not to be too strict and let the employees do their jobs.

btw. i love these cookies in the lounge, the chocolate chips cookies did you ever try it?

dp

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.