Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Introducing a new "sport" - the Cross Canada MLL Pub Crawl.

Old Sep 29, 2007, 12:01 am
Original Poster

I was inspired to this by another thread regarding MLL access at different airports, but on the same day. If you buy MLL access for $25, it includes access at all airports where you "depart" in one direction. So here's the deal...

Buy the cheapest YVR-YYT fare you can find, and add on the MLL fee. Just make sure you work in as many segments as possible. Then hit each MLL along the way, and indulge.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 1:46 am

Programs: AE, used to be E, Skymiles
It has been done before at a rather reasonable rate. Less than the MLL fee, in fact. Simply purchase the cross-Canada "Welcome Aboard Pass" that was available last winter and combine it with the CIBC Aerogold Privileges program.

51 segments worked out to less than $25 per flight.

Due to winter operations, it even came with a few bonus hotel nights and a VDB voucher (not multi thousand denominations, mind you).
Old Sep 29, 2007, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ken hAAmer
I was inspired to this by another thread regarding MLL access at different airports, but on the same day. If you buy MLL access for $25, it includes access at all airports where you "depart" in one direction. So here's the deal...

Buy the cheapest YVR-YYT fare you can find, and add on the MLL fee. Just make sure you work in as many segments as possible. Then hit each MLL along the way, and indulge.
Hmm... so how many were you able to hit? This sounds fun...
Old Sep 29, 2007, 5:32 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Ken hAAmer

You will have more available drinking hours if you start in the east and work your way west. An added bonus is that you get to drink the better tasting east coast beers first before the taste buds have been dulled by too many AC rice snacks.
--
13F
Old Sep 29, 2007, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
First, you have to buy a TANGO+ fare. Second, the voucher only permits access to the first flight segment MLL, it is not a day pass as offered by US airlines so your whole thesis doesn't work out. You'd need a separate pass for each departing airport. There is a clear different between the "point of departure" and the "connection point".
Old Sep 29, 2007, 7:50 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Is this a "glass half empty" answer?
Old Sep 29, 2007, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Meh, I've hit seven before in the span of 12 hours -- YOW-YUL-YYZ-YWG-YEG-YYC-YVR. I usually do six though (I skip YWG).
Old Sep 29, 2007, 9:00 am
ALW

the voucher only permits access to the first flight segment MLL, it is not a day pass as offered by US airlines so your whole thesis doesn't work out. You'd need a separate pass for each departing airport.
Unless they've changed the offering since it was introduced, this is not correct. $25 got you into every connecting MLL too.

=aw
Old Sep 29, 2007, 9:02 am
ALW

Originally Posted by Air Canada website
Lounge access applies to your departing and connecting city where available on the day of departure only.
=aw
Old Sep 29, 2007, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YOWkid
Meh, I've hit seven before in the span of 12 hours -- YOW-YUL-YYZ-YWG-YEG-YYC-YVR. I usually do six though (I skip YWG).
Wow.. that is BIG moves Now, you have got me thinking- how many lounges with a drink have I hit in 24 hours?? I think the record for me must be MEL,SYD,SIN,FRA...cannot come up to a way for more than 4 in a day.. perhaps we need to start a new thread "lounge runner?"... or at least coin a new term.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I can have a drink in YYZ and SFA today...a little short of the 7 in one day.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 2:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 100K
they crack the seal on the keg at something like 11 AM don't they? So that takes a few hours out of your quaffing schedule. However if you are moving west you could essentially stay in step and run out the day in the Vacouver lounge, hopefully you don't have a US connecting flight at that point and are too impaired to to answer the DHS questions!
Old Sep 30, 2007, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by rodric
they crack the seal on the keg at something like 11 AM don't they? So that takes a few hours out of your quaffing schedule. However if you are moving west you could essentially stay in step and run out the day in the Vacouver lounge, hopefully you don't have a US connecting flight at that point and are too impaired to to answer the DHS questions!
International travel always gets in the way of quality consumption. Lousy DHS questions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.